nqprx

已查看 1 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Will Coleda

未读,
2009年11月19日 00:11:142009/11/19
收件人 partc...@googlegroups.com、Patrick R. Michaud
Patrick is working on a proof of concept version of tcl on parrot
implemented using the new nqp-rx and parrot's standard hll compiler.

Check out http://github.com/pmichaud/pmtcl/

With the new style, most of the code so far is written in NQP; the
only PIR is a very small :main. There's several builtins partially
implemented; one of them is *proc*.

This approach looks like it has a lot of potential. Comments,
questions, patches welcome. Matt, I'm looking at you. =-)

Regards.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda

Will Coleda

未读,
2009年12月1日 13:09:592009/12/1
收件人 Patrick R. Michaud、partc...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmic...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:11:14AM -0500, Will Coleda wrote:
>> Patrick is working on a proof of concept version of tcl on parrot
>> implemented using the new nqp-rx and parrot's standard hll compiler.
>>
>> Check out http://github.com/pmichaud/pmtcl/
>
> Just for completeness -- we've now moved the repository to
> http://github.com/partcl/partcl-nqp .
>
> Pm

Updates:
- I've added all of the pure tcl tests from partcl, and now 'make
test' is passing 6 of them (100%).
- Patrick has added in the beginnings of tcl-specific RE support
(something partcl never had)
- We've picked up a (perl6) contributor (since everything is written
in NQP, it's pretty easy to make a contribution if you know perl6)

The code looks like it will be much easier to maintain than the
pure-PIR version; it will also have the advantage of finally having us
use the standard compiler toolkit for parrot, which should help
drive/help us benefit from parrot improvements designed to help other
language compilers.

Grab a copy, try to run a test in t/* that isn't passing (or init.tcl,
or tcltest.tcl) and send in a patch. =)

--
Will "Coke" Coleda
回复全部