Teddy Bear Mission: "Paws" to Help Kids

Stephanie

Feb 19, 2010, 9:22:42 PM2/19/10
to ParadiseHillsRS
Dear Friends,

Unfortunately, in these times we have great needs in our community.
There are many kids in our neighborhoods that are going through
difficult situations such as illness, homelessness or living in homes
plagued with domestic violence. These kids are in need of comfort and
love. The Teddy Bear Mission has been created to help bring some
comfort to these kids by providing teddy bears to the organizations
who deal with these problems on a daily basis. We are asking for
donations of teddy bears and other stuffed animals to help fulfill
this cause.

In it's first month, The Teddy Bear Mission donated 100 stuffed
animals to the Albuquerque Police Department through the generous
donations of our friends. The officers carry the stuffed animals in
their patrol cars and hand them out when they are called to situations
involving frightened children. The stuffed animals help put the
children at ease and officers say it improves the relationship between
them and child. We hope to continue to donate to A.P.D. and other
organizations, such as homeless shelters, domestic violent shelters,
children's hospitals and We are grateful to have this opportunity to
provide this service, but it is through your kind donations that it is
possible. Please look in your closets and on your shelves for any
stuffed animals that need a new life. If you would like to donate
stuffed animals, or your organization would be willing hold a teddy
bear drive, please contact RoseMary at 304-3695.

Let's put more teddy bears to work. Please help us "paws" to help
kids.

Thank you,

RoseMary Heister

505-304-3695