AWS::S3::NoSuchBucket error

fahrio

Aug 28, 2009, 9:05:32 AM8/28/09
to Paperclip Plugin
Hello;

I installed the paperclip plugin and was able to use it locally. When
I configured it to work with amazon S3 I keep getting the NoSuchBucket
(The specified bucket does not exist) error. Paperclip documentation
states that the bucket will be created if it doesn't exist but clearly
something is going wrong in my case.

The code for the image.rb file with paperclip is as follows:

belongs_to :work

has_attached_file :photo, :styles => {:big => "612x1224>", :small =>
"180X360>", :thumb => "36x36#"},
:storage => 's3',
:s3_credentials => YAML.load_file("#{RAILS_ROOT}/
config/s3.yml")[RAILS_ENV],
:path =>
":attachment/:id/:style/:basename.:extension",
:bucket => 'my_unique_image_bucket'

attr_protected :photo_file_name, :photo_content_type, :photo_size

validates_attachment_presence :photo
validates_attachment_size :photo, :less_than => 3.megabytes
validates_attachment_content_type :photo, :content_type => ['image/
jpeg', 'image/png', 'image/gif']

dnewman

Sep 13, 2009, 2:11:15 PM9/13/09
to Paperclip Plugin
just curious ... does it work if you do use an existing bucket?

i had an issue trying to upload to subfolder of a bucket... i am
wondering if you do need to supply at least a root bucket.

Jonathan Yurek

Sep 15, 2009, 5:01:01 PM9/15/09
to papercli...@googlegroups.com
This is currently a bug. It *should* make the bucket, but currently
doesn't. It'll be fixed soon, though.
--
Jonathan Yurek, Founder and CTO
thoughtbot, inc.