1st post!

vladimir

Sep 29, 2010, 4:58:31 AM9/29/10
to pandaboard
SCNR

Jason Kridner

Oct 4, 2010, 12:25:18 PM10/4/10
to pandaboard
On Sep 29, 4:58 am, vladimir <vlado...@gmail.com> wrote:
> SCNR

I'm here as a lurker *only* (not communicating in any official way),
but happy to see some familiar e-mail addresses. I'm hopeful the
signal to noise ratio will be good, but this thread seems open for
introducing yourself to the PandaBoard community. :-)

Jayabharath Goluguri

Oct 6, 2010, 11:43:17 PM10/6/10
to pandaboard
Good idea. Let me start off!

Name : Jayabharath Goluguri
Work/Company/Job: I work at Texas Instruments Inc and manage the OMAP
Community Enablement & Engagement efforts.
What's up with me & PandaBoard: I will be working in the
pandaboard.org community as an advocate, offer technical support,
guidance and serve as bridge between the PandaBoard community & TI.
IRC Nick: jayabharath on irc.freenode.net
Personal Blog & more about me at : http://jayabharath.com

Anand Gadiyar

Oct 7, 2010, 12:46:32 PM10/7/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com

Name: Anand Gadiyar
Work: I work for TI. I look after the USB controllers on OMAPs among
other things.
What's up with me & PandaBoard: I'm contributing in my spare time,
helping out where possible.
IRC Nick: gadiyar on irc.freenode.net

Deva R

Oct 7, 2010, 2:53:50 PM10/7/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name: Devaraj R
Company: Texas Instruments
Work: I work on Video, with OMAP Android and Kernel releases.
Whats up with me and Pandaboard: Mainly work with Blaze, but
supporting omap communities at spare time. n hope to get a panda soon
:)
Personal Blog: www.bittoggler.com (twitter - rdeva)

--
Regards,
Deva

rhine beck

Oct 7, 2010, 3:59:03 PM10/7/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name: Rhinebeck
Work: I have started working on PandaBoard. Its a great development
platform for the beginners and experienced
hackers alike! I would try to support PandaBoard with the technical
queries and issues mostly on Kernel and partly on user-space.

I recommend folks interested in a new, challenging Linux-Android
embedded platform, based on Omap4 to participate in PandaBoard's early
adopter program!
http://www.omappedia.org/wiki/PandaBoard_Early_Adopter_Program

Thanks,
Rhinebeck

Søren Steen Christensen

Oct 7, 2010, 4:53:06 PM10/7/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name: Søren Steen Christensen

Work: CEO and Consultant at SSC Solution ApS
Consultant Company mainly focusing at supporting customers doing product
development based on OMAP/Sitara/DaVinci-based chip-sets. Company main focus
is overall system-design, as well as HW and Low-Level SW design and
development all the way from concept to (mass)-production...

Location: Denmark, Europe

Whats up with me and Pandaboard:

- 8-years to TI OMAP knowledge (all the way from OMAP1509 :-)
- Active Beagleboard community member
- Active TI E2E member (http://e2e.ti.com/members/729414/default.aspx)
- Active Gumstix Overo community member
=> One of the next logical steps will be to support OMAP4 for community and
customers as well :-)

Looking forward to getting my hands on a PandaBoards :-)
Søren

---
SSC Solutions ApS - Denmark - www.ssc-solutions.dk

Victor Rodriguez

Oct 7, 2010, 5:37:37 PM10/7/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name: Victor Rodriguez

Work: Software Engineer from Sasken Communication Technologies
Design of Android Applications on embedded systems
Initial support to Hawkboard on mainline
Participating in PandaBoard's early adopter program!
Actually giving complete support to Hawkboard on mainline

Eager to develop new embedded systems, maybe on panda board if possible

Location Monterrey, Mexico

Regards

Victor Rodriguez

Nishanth Menon

Oct 7, 2010, 5:50:10 PM10/7/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name: Nishanth Menon

Work: Customer Support Engineer for Texas Instruments and part time code junkie
Mostly deals with kernel, bootloader, bit of forays into userspace

Whats up with me and Pandaboard:

Help provide MeeGo support
mess around with ubuntu
Dreams of doing weird things yet to be decided (mostly to do with
robotic controls and nonsense like that)

Location: Dallas

Jeff Osier-Mixon

Oct 7, 2010, 7:34:12 PM10/7/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Name:  Jeff Osier-Mixon (Jefro)

Work: Technical writer and community manager at MontaVista Software

What's up with me and PandaBoard:
I am writing a book on the BeagleBoard, and would like to expand into other similar & derivative projects assuming the book is successful.  I would very much like to see the PandaBoard foster the same level of community involvement that the Beagle has been so successful with.  I am also working on a white paper for MontaVista related to our toolchain support for the OMAP4, so I have multiple interests.

Location: northern California

nip...@hotmail.com

Oct 7, 2010, 10:21:33 PM10/7/10
to Nipuna Gunasekera
Name: Nipuna Gunasekera
Work: Texas instruments
Experience: Compilers, Debuggers and Emulation technologies.  Lately have done a bit of Android
development/debugging after moving into TI's OMAP business unit.  Will be involved with the pandaboard
community.

Pandas will be unleashed into the wild soon...

#pandaboard (nhg)
#linux-omap (nhg)

Abraham Arce

Oct 8, 2010, 12:01:51 AM10/8/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name: Abraham Arce
Work: Sasken @ Texas instruments
Experience: A bit of embedded software development and testing,
trainee in linux kernel
Whats up with me and Pandaboard: be the best friends

Amit Karpe

Oct 8, 2010, 1:17:32 AM10/8/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name : Amit Karpe
Work/Company/Job:  I work at DSK Digital and lead team for Mobilis ( OMAP based device ) for support & application porting.

What's up with me & PandaBoard:
I would like to write documentation for PandaBoard and  want work on porting of Ubuntu on PandaBoard.
IRC Nick: amitkarpe on irc.freenode.net
Blog : http://www.amitkarpe.com/
Location: Pune, India.

--
Regards
Amit Karpe.

Sukumar Ghorai

Oct 8, 2010, 1:37:38 AM10/8/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com

Name: Sukumar Ghorai

Work: Texas instruments, Bangalore, India
Experience: worked on Storage(MMC/SD, SDIO, NAND..), File System, Bootloader
Whats up with me and Pandaboard: contributing/working partially, try to help possible way

IRC Nick: ghorai on irc.freenode.net

Felipe Contreras

Oct 8, 2010, 4:39:24 AM10/8/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Jayabharath Goluguri
<jayab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good idea. Let me start off!

Name: Felipe Contreras

Work: MeeGo in Nokia, mostly GStreamer and DSP stuff (gst-dsp)
Community: All kinds embedded stuff in GStreamer, a bit of kernel
development, and even some end-user apps for the Nokia N900
Blog: http://felipec.wordpress.com/

Whats up with me and Pandaboard:

I haven't got one yet, but my plan is to keep working on GStreamer,
and make it easy to use the hw acceleration part, maybe consolidate
syslink and dsp-bridge? Maybe port the hw accel stuff to FFmpeg. Who
knows.

--
Felipe Contreras

Rob Clark

Oct 8, 2010, 10:24:24 AM10/8/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name : Rob Clark
Work/Company/Job:  I work at TI.. mainly on GStreamer/multimedia, with
some hacking in other areas here and there (mostly to do with getting
video on screen... hdmi/dss/v4l2 driver, xorg driver for video, etc)
What's up with me & PandaBoard: my main interest is media-center-panda
to replace an aging hacked appletv!
IRC Nick: robclark on irc.freenode.net
Personal Blog & more about me at : http://bloggingthemonkey.blogspot.com/

BR,
-R

Philip Balister

Oct 8, 2010, 11:26:35 AM10/8/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On 10/06/2010 11:43 PM, Jayabharath Goluguri wrote:
> Good idea. Let me start off!

Philip Balister

I do not work at TI :) I do consulting for Software Defined Radio. My
current project os doing drivers and software for the USRP Embedded,
which is based on the Overo COM's.

I'm Crofton on irc on all the usual channels.

Philip

> Name : Jayabharath Goluguri
> Work/Company/Job: I work at Texas Instruments Inc and manage the OMAP

> Community Enablement& Engagement efforts.
> What's up with me& PandaBoard: I will be working in the

> pandaboard.org community as an advocate, offer technical support,

> guidance and serve as bridge between the PandaBoard community& TI.

> IRC Nick: jayabharath on irc.freenode.net

> Personal Blog& more about me at : http://jayabharath.com

Emeka

Oct 8, 2010, 12:17:37 PM10/8/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Jayabharath Goluguri <jayab...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good idea. Let me start off!

I work as a software programmer on part time, while I work on electronics  boards   in order to pay bills.
I also distribute Arduino boards in my country, Nigeria.

Why am I here?
Basically to see if I  can "play" with embedded system via pandaboard , and learn how to program them. I am a newbee in this area so you might expect some "silly" questions.

Regards,
Emeka

--
Satajanus  Nig. Ltd

Benjamin

Oct 8, 2010, 12:50:26 PM10/8/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Jayabharath Goluguri
<jayab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good idea. Let me start off!

Name: Benjamin Zores

Work/Company/Job: SW Architecture at Alcatel-Lucent by days but mostly
projects leader for GeeXboX and OpenBricks projects by night.

What's up with me & PandaBoard: Working on designing embedded Linux
distros, mostly focusing on all multimedia parts.
We do offer low-resources media center application and customizable
embedded systems maximizing hardware acceleration
(through OpenGL|ES, OpenVG, OpenMAX and friends) to multiple embedded
systems (x86, PPC, ARM9, ARM11, OMAP3 and Tegra2).
PandaBoard will be our OMAP4 reference design as to provide complete
support. It currently already works on Panda (tested by TI people)
but I'm waiting for my Panda to see it from my own eyes :-)

IRC Nick: gxben on irc.freenode.net

More infos: http://www.openbricks.org and http://www.geexbox.org/

Cya,

Ben

Vladimir Pantelic

Oct 8, 2010, 4:36:19 PM10/8/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name: Vladimir Pantelic
Work: I work at Archos were I take care of everything
multimedia related, my experience with TI SOCs covers
DSC21, DSC25, DM270, DM320, DM6441, OMAP1 5910,
OMAP3 3430, 3440 and 3630, running home grown OS,
Linux and Android over the years.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany

What's up with me & PandaBoard:

- active member of Beagleboard community
(mailing list irc, GSoC)
- FFMpeg member with embedded focus, see
our Beagle driven Video wall:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsqkVowgHuI

So, using the mighty OMAP4 for embedded
multimedia is the next logical step for me ;)

IRC: av500 on irc.freenode.net

jkri...@beagleboard.org

Oct 8, 2010, 5:14:58 PM10/8/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name: Jason Kridner
Work: I've worked at TI for 18 years on ASIC+board design, ROM codes, security, DSP support, audio and video codecs, USB and file system stacks, Linux support (user since 1992), and have been pushing for TI to invest in open platforms throughout my career, but specifically on OMAP only in 2007, when Gerald and I and a handful of other TIers invited Linux kernel hackers to TIDC to discuss the BeagleBoard concept. We've won some and lost some, but the message has resonated both at TI and in the electronics and hobbyist industries. I'm expecting many years of continuing to gain more ideas and involvement in our growing BeagleBoard community, improving the state of Linux and open source on ARM and C6000.

What's up with me & PandaBoard:
Well, it should make an interesting build host for the BeagleBoard :-) and I just generally want to have one for fanless networked HD video on my TV. I hope to see a lot of shared open source software between Panda and Beagle and open source alignment of multimedia stacks needing IPC.

IRC: jkridner on #beagle on irc.freenode.net
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Bill Traynor

Oct 10, 2010, 9:18:12 AM10/10/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Jayabharath Goluguri <jayab...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good idea. Let me start off!

Name: Bill Traynor
Work/Company/Job: I'm a self-employed systems analyst/technical writer/developer who spends time working on wikis such as oss.renesas.com and elinux.org
What's up with me & PandaBoard: As the editor of elinux.org I'd like to see the community documentation and support for the PandaBoard grow in a similar way the BeagleBoard community documentation did.
IRC Nick: wmat on irc.freenode.net, irc.oftc.net, etc.

Gregoire Gentil

Oct 10, 2010, 5:09:16 PM10/10/10
to pandaboard
Name: Gregoire Gentil
Work/Company/Job: Founder of Always Innovating, designer of the Touch
Book and Smart Book.
What's up with me & PandaBoard: Interesting platform obviously! Would
love to get one to investigate more.
IRC Nick: gregoiregentil on irc.freenode.net

Grégoire

Thondar, Geetha

Oct 11, 2010, 8:59:28 AM10/11/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name: Geetha Thondar (GeethaT)
Work/Company/Job: Texas Instruments Inc. I am part of the Creative Community Development (CCD) team of TI Wireless organization supporting OMAP in open source.
What's up with me & PandaBoard: Involved in setting up the Pandroid (Android on PandaBoard) project by creating a baseline. I'll continue to work with the community to collaborate and contribute towards Pandroid. Also, maintain OMAPpedia Wiki and provide support for OMAP releases.

IRC - #gt1 on irc.freenode.net

Thanks
Geetha

Janne Grunau

Oct 11, 2010, 2:24:50 PM10/11/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 08:43:17PM -0700, Jayabharath Goluguri wrote:
> Good idea. Let me start off!

Name: Janne Grunau

Work/Company/Job: Freelancer

What's up with me & PandaBoard:

Would love to see the pandaboard as full HD capable mythfrontend. The
preferred way to archieve it would be IVA-HD support in FFmpeg.
I'm MythTV/kernel/FFmpeg developer so it should be possible with iva-hd
documentation.
Another cool project would be an update of the BeagleBoard based
videowall to an 4K 2x2 wall using 2 or 4 Pandaboards.

IRC Nick: jannau on irc.freenode.net

Tim

Oct 11, 2010, 5:28:39 PM10/11/10
to pandaboard

Name: Tim Jones
Work/Company/Job: Texas Instruments Inc. I am part of the Creative
Community Development (CCD) team of TI Wireless organization
supporting OMAP in open source.
What's up with me & PandaBoard: Involved in setting up the Pandroid
(Android on PandaBoard) project by creating a baseline. I'll continue
to work with the community to collaborate and contribute towards
Pandroid (kernel
and Android FS). Lately, have been focused on integrating displays
for Pandroid (HDMI, USB Video, touchscreens, etc). 17+ years writing
software across a very wide number of industries and technologies.

IRC - #noleguy on irc.freenode.net

Thanks,
Tim

RekhaKumar

Oct 13, 2010, 1:15:15 AM10/13/10
to pandaboard
Name: Rekha Kumar

Work/Company : Worked at Texas Instruments for the last 13 years in
various roles in SW development, applications and customers. Currently
lead the Creative Community Development team in the OMAP business unit
responsible for strategy, development, execution and engagement of the
PandaBoard.
What's up with me & PandaBoard: Personally would love to see a strong
community around PandaBoard to enable innovation and development
around the platform.
PandaBoards will be unleashed to the wild soon!!

IRC Nick: RekKumar on irc.freenode.net

Ricardo Salveti

Oct 14, 2010, 3:26:20 AM10/14/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Name: Ricardo Salveti
Work/Company/Job: I work at Canonical, working at the ARM team,
helping improving
Ubuntu support on different ARM devices, such as Panda and Beagleboard.
What's up with me & PandaBoard: Very powerful hardware, perfect to run
and use as a server,
desktop, mobile, media center, everything :-) Would love to see
devices based on Panda running Ubuntu!
IRC Nick: rsalveti on irc.freenode.net
Personal Blog & more about me at: http://rsalveti.wordpress.com/
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo

vjaquez

Oct 15, 2010, 9:45:47 AM10/15/10
to pandaboard

On Oct 7, 5:43 am, Jayabharath Goluguri <jayabhar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good idea. Let me start off!

Name: Víctor M. Jáquez L.
Work/Company/Job: at Igalia working on mobile multimedia
All purposes nick: ceyusa
Blog: http://blogs.igalia.com/vjaquez/
What's up with me & Pandaboard: DSP and syslink

vmjl