no speaker out audio hardware under sound preference...

Ashwani

May 24, 2011, 1:13:57 AM5/24/11
to pandaboard
Hi All,

I have installed ubuntu11.04 on my pandaboard. I am trying to test
audio in and speaker out on pandaboard, but unable to found any
speaker out & audio in Hardware under Sound Preferences option. Its
showing
"PandaHDMI 1 output Analog Stereo Output" only.

Regards
Ashwani

M Suneel Kumar

May 24, 2011, 2:10:44 AM5/24/11
to panda...@googlegroups.com

open alsamixer and unmute the modules and reboot the board.

Ashwani Kumar

May 24, 2011, 5:19:54 AM5/24/11
to panda...@googlegroups.com
I have unmute the all (capture) modules and enable Analog L & Analog R to Headset.
no sucess.

siva

May 25, 2011, 2:29:30 AM5/25/11
to pandaboard
Please help. I am also facing the same issue.
TiA-Siva

On May 24, 2:19 pm, Ashwani Kumar <ash1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have unmute the all (capture) modules and enable Analog L & Analog R to
> Headset.
> no sucess.
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:40 AM, M Suneel Kumar <call2sun...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > open alsamixer and unmute the modules and reboot the board.

Ashwani Kumar

May 26, 2011, 3:47:10 AM5/26/11
to panda...@googlegroups.com
try this
aplay -Dplughw:0,9 test.wav => Speaker out
aplay -Dplughw:0,7 test.wav => HDMI out

GrueMaster

May 26, 2011, 11:01:03 PM5/26/11
to pandaboard
As a temporary workaround, here are the steps needed to fix analog
audio on panda:

Open a terminal and type:

sudo alsaucm set _verb HiFi
sudo alsaucm set _verb Record
sudo rm /var/lib/alsa/asound.state
sudo reboot

This gets audio out working for me. Audio in is still not functional,
but may be driver related (I twiddled every alsamixer control and
still didn't get anything). We hope to get a patch for this soon.

Tobin Davis
QA - Ubuntu on Arm