We though that the Pandaboard is too big...

Gregoire Gentil

Jan 7, 2012, 4:02:50 PM1/7/12
to pandaboard
So we converted it into an "HDMI Dongle": http://www.alwaysinnovating.com
Same list of features, just shrinking everything!!! lol

Grégoire Gentil
Founder Always Innovating

PS: Sorry for the self advertising post. I hope that the device is fun
enough to deserve this small note.

David Anders

Jan 8, 2012, 10:25:43 AM1/8/12
to pandaboard
Grégoire,

wonderful news and great work!!

Dave

Richard

Jan 8, 2012, 10:47:17 AM1/8/12
to pandaboard
This is exactly what I brought my Panda board for, to make my TV smart
as all the current built in TV systems are, well, rubbish! I Like this
a LOT!

Jake

Jan 8, 2012, 10:53:44 AM1/8/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Wow! Awesome!

Chuck McManis

Jan 8, 2012, 8:38:52 PM1/8/12
to pandaboard
Very nice Gregoire, love your stuff (I've still got my Touch book but
it doesn't get much use these days)

I'm a bit confused about the 'fully open source' and 'sign up here for
licensing' can you say more about that? Are you manufacturing these
things or just licensing the design? And have you compared it to the
Rasberry Pi (about $35 for one with a network)?

--Chuck

Nicolas Dechesne

Jan 9, 2012, 9:53:23 AM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
indeed. really nice Gregoire (send me one ;-))

and as SebJ told, i wish this can be combined with that
http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/jacks-blog-10017212/ces-2012-free-ubuntu-tv-has-service-and-revenue-fees-10025161/

Andy Tai

Jan 9, 2012, 11:39:47 AM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com, gregoir...@gmail.com
Do the licensing and patents refer to the hardware design?  As it is mentioned as fully open source...
--
Andy Tai, at...@atai.org, Skype: licheng.tai
Year 2012 民國101年

Gregoire Gentil

Jan 9, 2012, 1:16:12 PM1/9/12
to pandaboard, nde...@gmail.com
Of course we are running Ubuntu too! I'm sticking hard to
http://dev.omapzoom.org/?p=integration/kernel-ubuntu.git the best
kernel repo for OMAP 4 ;-) We run also Koen's Angstrom and Chromium.
But I certainly can't wait to test this new UI. Rob wants me to do
Xbmc too ;-)

Grégoire

On Jan 9, 6:53 am, Nicolas Dechesne <nde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> indeed. really nice Gregoire (send me one ;-))
>
> and as SebJ told, i wish this can be combined with thathttp://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/jacks-blog-10017212/ces-2012-free-ubuntu...

Jayabharath Goluguri

Jan 13, 2012, 1:06:32 PM1/13/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, January 7, 2012 3:02:50 PM UTC-6, Gregoire Gentil wrote:
So we converted it into an "HDMI Dongle": http://www.alwaysinnovating.com
Same list of features, just shrinking everything!!! lol

Really cool. Congrats! I think you will sell a ton of them.

--Jayabharath