PandBoard::Sale Final Price

Aleph /* Alberto Fabiano */

Sep 29, 2010, 5:05:40 PM9/29/10
to pandaboard
Folks,

Please, speaking of reality, not on hearsay, there is a price
estimate for PandaBoard?
I saw rumors that the price will be $ 189.00, this is serious?

Thanks.,
- Regards.

. /alberto -fabiano / * aleph * /

Jayabharath Goluguri

Oct 5, 2010, 12:39:07 PM10/5/10
to pandaboard

On Sep 29, 4:05 pm, "Aleph /* Alberto Fabiano */" <v...@techberto.com>
wrote:
> Folks,
>
>    Please, speaking of reality, not on hearsay, there is a price
> estimate for PandaBoard?
>    I saw rumors that the price will be $ 189.00, this is serious?

Yes. PandaBoard is going to be priced at <$179 at distributor. We will
publish more accurate number a few days.

--Jayabharath

Alberto /* Aleph */ Fabiano

Oct 5, 2010, 2:43:59 PM10/5/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Well, so...  for DIY purposes, Panda will be a  BBxM Killer...   does not even have this purpose.

++[&]s;

./alberto -fabano

Ganak

Oct 5, 2010, 2:49:58 PM10/5/10
to pandaboard
I don't think it will be BBxM killer. I read through and come to
conclusion that they are different for different purpose and market.
may be you can spell why you think its a BBxM killer... is it just the
price?

On Oct 5, 1:43 pm, "Alberto /* Aleph */ Fabiano" <v...@techberto.com>

Alberto /* Aleph */ Fabiano

Oct 5, 2010, 2:55:34 PM10/5/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 15:49, Ganak <ganak....@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't think it will be BBxM killer. I read through and come to
conclusion that they are different for different purpose and market.
may be you can spell why you think its a BBxM killer... is it just the
price?

For developments refined, it may be that this can not happen, because they have different resources.

But for DIY purposes, uncompromising, many BeagleBoard consumers , PandaBoard can be  killer may be because of the price.

But only time will tell us.

Yarko Tymciurak

Oct 5, 2010, 3:53:36 PM10/5/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Alberto /* Aleph */ Fabiano <vo...@techberto.com> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 15:49, Ganak <ganak....@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't think it will be BBxM killer. I read through and come to
conclusion that they are different for different purpose and market.
may be you can spell why you think its a BBxM killer... is it just the
price?

For developments refined, it may be that this can not happen, because they have different resources.

But for DIY purposes, uncompromising, many BeagleBoard consumers , PandaBoard can be  killer may be because of the price.

perhaps from processing (dual-core) perspective ... but that is also usually battery life killer in mobile space;

Also - where is this being produced?

But only time will tell us.

--
Regards,
- Yarko

Jayabharath Goluguri

Oct 6, 2010, 12:05:34 AM10/6/10
to pandaboard
PandaBoard is intended to be a low-cost mobile development platform
that packs the power of OMAP4 into an open design. That said there is
nothing in the platform, the way its sold or board files licensed that
restricts the 'field of endeavour' on how you can/cannot use the
platform.

I would recommend you check http://omappedia.org/wiki/PandaBoard_FAQ
and other documentations to see if the board is a right fit for your
project & needs. When in doubt don't hesitate to post a message on
this group - so that the community can help you make a informed
choice.

--Jayabharath

Marcin Juszkiewicz

Oct 6, 2010, 5:00:21 AM10/6/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Dnia wtorek, 5 października 2010 o 20:49:58 Ganak napisał(a):
> I don't think it will be BBxM killer. I read through and come to
> conclusion that they are different for different purpose and market.
> may be you can spell why you think its a BBxM killer... is it just the
> price?

That depends on which customers you look at. DIY and oftware developers will
probably go for pandaboard as it gives you more cpu power and features. But
omap4 chips are not on a market yet so hardware developers will rather stick
with beaglexm as you can use it to develop own hardware which you will later
produce on own PCB because you can buy omap3 chips.

Regards,
--
JID: h...@jabber.org
Website: http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/

Gregoire Gentil

Oct 10, 2010, 5:15:23 PM10/10/10
to pandaboard
If the price is lower than BB-XM, it's indeed a Beagleboard killer,
and I'm not sure that it's the best thing for Texas Instruments.
Fragmentation is not good - it's my point of view.

Also at $179 or even lower, with the current state of production, and
if you factor in all the features offered on the board, plus
distributor margin, plus assembly cost and so on, TI is *very
probably* sponsoring each board...

Grégoire

On Oct 6, 2:00 am, Marcin Juszkiewicz <mar...@juszkiewicz.com.pl>

Jayabharath Goluguri

Oct 16, 2010, 11:14:23 AM10/16/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On 10/10/2010 04:15 PM, Gregoire Gentil wrote:
> Also at $179 or even lower, with the current state of production, and
> if you factor in all the features offered on the board, plus
> distributor margin, plus assembly cost and so on, TI is *very
> probably* sponsoring each board...
Yes, TI is subsidizing 'some' of the TI components on the PandaBoard, in
order to enable broader adoption of the platform in the mobile open
source software developer community. Ref:
http://omappedia.org/wiki/PandaBoard_FAQ#Is_TI_subsidizing_the_PandaBoard.3F

--Jay