omap4 boot rom api

Alexander Shishkin

Oct 31, 2010, 1:14:15 PM10/31/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com, Alexander Shishkin, Nishanth Menon
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans to make the boot rom api documentation
public (or at least some bits of it)? Why I ask is that I would like to
implement booting over usb (to x-loader or barebox or whatever) without
having to implement drivers for omap i2c, twl, musb and a gadget, especially
so that boot rom already implements that.

Thanks,
--
Alex

Måns Rullgård

Nov 1, 2010, 8:21:44 PM11/1/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Alexander Shishkin <virt...@slind.org> writes:

Information about booting is available towards the end of the public
TRM in chapter 27 Initialization.

--
Måns Rullgård
ma...@mansr.com

Alexander Shishkin

Nov 1, 2010, 6:09:34 PM11/1/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com, Alexander Shishkin, Nishanth Menon
Hi,

[ It seems that it didn't make it to the list yesterday because I wasn't
subscribed, thus resending. ]

I was wondering if there are any plans to make the boot rom api documentation
public (or at least some bits of it)? Why I ask is that I would like to
implement booting over usb (to x-loader or barebox or whatever) without
having to implement drivers for omap i2c, twl, musb and a gadget, especially
so that boot rom already implements that.

So, if it's possible to provide at least usb-related bits, that would be
great.

TIA,
--
Alex

Nishanth Menon

Nov 1, 2010, 11:57:33 PM11/1/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com, Måns Rullgård
I think Alexander is looking at 27.5 Services for HLOS Support - the ROM
Code service routines listed there are those of immediate need for cp15
control, but there may be additional services which may help in
solutions such as [1].

Ref:
[1]
https://gforge.ti.com/gf/project/flash/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Fversion-1.2%2Ftrunk%2Fomapflash%2F

Regards,
Nishanth Menon

Nishanth Menon

Nov 9, 2010, 9:25:23 PM11/9/10
to Alexander Shishkin, panda...@googlegroups.com, Måns Rullgård
Alexander Shishkin wrote, on 11/09/2010 01:06 PM:
> 2010/11/2 Nishanth Menon<menon.n...@gmail.com>:

>> Måns Rullgård wrote, on 11/01/2010 07:21 PM:

>>> Information about booting is available towards the end of the public
>>> TRM in chapter 27 Initialization.
>>>
>> I think Alexander is looking at 27.5 Services for HLOS Support - the ROM
>> Code service routines listed there are those of immediate need for cp15
>> control, but there may be additional services which may help in solutions
>> such as [1].
>
> Exactly. This omapflash repo provides all the information I need, thanks
> a lot!

aah - good to hear that :)

--
Regards,
Nishanth Menon

Alexander Shishkin

Nov 10, 2010, 4:21:21 AM11/10/10
to Nishanth Menon, panda...@googlegroups.com, Måns Rullgård

Well, they did get the romapi vector base wrong, but thankfully it's
also in the TRM.
I assume earlier ESes of 4430 had it slightly differently and then
noone bothered to
port omapflash to new ones.

Regards,
--
Alex

Nishanth Menon

Nov 10, 2010, 8:34:18 AM11/10/10
to pandaboard

On Nov 10, 3:21 am, Alexander Shishkin <alexander.shishc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> Exactly. This omapflash repo provides all the information I need, thanks
> >> a lot!
>
> > aah - good to hear that :)
>
> Well, they did get the romapi vector base wrong, but thankfully it's
> also in the TRM.
> I assume earlier ESes of 4430 had it slightly differently and then
> noone bothered to
> port omapflash to new ones.
That I hear is correct ES2 has slightly different ones compared to ES1

Jay,
is there any plans for putting the omapflash source code public for
OMAP4 with changes for latest ES revs?

Regards,
Nishanth Menon

rockefeller

Jul 19, 2011, 10:23:46 AM7/19/11
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
   Although the omapflash project provides lots information about the bootrom api,
but I could not find I2C related bootrom APIs definitions. Does anybody know the
function prototype of the I2C related bootrom APIs?