what is the abbreviation for MLO (x-loader)

Charles

Jan 19, 2011, 10:22:54 PM1/19/11
to pandaboard
Hi All,

Can someone tell me what is the abbreviation for MLO (x-loader)?

TKS!

Joshi, Vikas

Jan 20, 2011, 12:39:30 AM1/20/11
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Good question! MLO is binary with a header containing the memory location to load the file and the size of the file. You can find more info on boot loader at: http://omappedia.org/wiki/Bootloader_Project

I know above does not give you abbreviation but looking at above I think the abbreviation might be Memory LOcation!!

Vikas

Stehle, Vincent

Jan 20, 2011, 4:34:13 AM1/20/11
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Joshi, Vikas <v-jo...@ti.com> wrote:
(MLO)
I know above does not give you abbreviation but looking at above I think the abbreviation might be Memory LOcation!!

Hi,

I just learned from Jean-Luc of our Romcode team that it means "Mmc LOader" :)

V.

Joshi, Vikas

Jan 20, 2011, 4:47:15 AM1/20/11
to panda...@googlegroups.com

And Mmc stands for MultiMediaCard, or so I think.

Vikas

Charles

Jan 20, 2011, 6:48:28 AM1/20/11
to pandaboard