Full features Ice Cream Sandwich for Pandaboard

Gregoire Gentil

Jan 9, 2012, 1:00:44 PM1/9/12
to pandaboard
Hello,

Always Innovating, creator of the HDMI Dongle, is pleased to bring a
FULL FEATURES image of Ice Cream Sandwich for Pandaboard. You are
getting:

- SGX support
- USB support
- 1080p HDMI output
- Sound over HDMI
- Smooth 1080p H.264 decoding
- Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth

You can download the free image at: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685
image-ics-pandaboard.zip: 2dde6197bc23d858124ad7e106e5bcd6 - 306.8MB

Enjoy the good bits!

Grégoire Gentil
Founder Always Innovating
Visit our latest innovation, the HDMI Dongle, at http://www.alwaysinnovating.com

Vladimir Pantelic

Jan 9, 2012, 1:44:41 PM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Gregoire Gentil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Always Innovating, creator of the HDMI Dongle, is pleased to bring a
> FULL FEATURES image of Ice Cream Sandwich for Pandaboard. You are
> getting:
>
> - SGX support
> - USB support
> - 1080p HDMI output
> - Sound over HDMI
> - Smooth 1080p H.264 decoding
> - Wi-Fi
> - Bluetooth
>
> You can download the free image at: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685
> image-ics-pandaboard.zip: 2dde6197bc23d858124ad7e106e5bcd6 - 306.8MB

and the sources are where? :)

Bill Traynor

Jan 9, 2012, 1:48:46 PM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 13:00, Gregoire Gentil <gregoir...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Always Innovating, creator of the HDMI Dongle, is pleased to bring a
FULL FEATURES image of Ice Cream Sandwich for Pandaboard. You are
getting:

- SGX support
- USB support
- 1080p HDMI output
- Sound over HDMI
- Smooth 1080p H.264 decoding
- Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth

You can download the free image at: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685
image-ics-pandaboard.zip
: 2dde6197bc23d858124ad7e106e5bcd6 - 306.8MB

I got Link Not Available.

Simon Kenyon

Jan 9, 2012, 1:50:17 PM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
i am downloading right now.
--
simon

Bill Traynor

Jan 9, 2012, 1:54:07 PM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Weird, clicking the link in Gregoire's post fails for me every time.

Vladimir Pantelic

Jan 9, 2012, 2:00:47 PM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com

the link is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685 only

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 13:50, Simon Kenyon <simonc...@gmail.com <mailto:simonc...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> i am downloading right now.
>

> On 9 January 2012 18:48, Bill Traynor <btra...@gmail.com <mailto:btra...@gmail.com>> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 13:00, Gregoire Gentil <gregoir...@gmail.com <mailto:gregoir...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Always Innovating, creator of the HDMI Dongle, is pleased to bring a
> FULL FEATURES image of Ice Cream Sandwich for Pandaboard. You are
> getting:
>
> - SGX support
> - USB support
> - 1080p HDMI output
> - Sound over HDMI
> - Smooth 1080p H.264 decoding
> - Wi-Fi
> - Bluetooth
>
> You can download the free image at: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685

> image-ics-pandaboard.zip <http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685%0Aimage-ics-pandaboard.zip>:

> 2dde6197bc23d858124ad7e106e5bcd6 - 306.8MB
>

> I got Link Not Available.
>

> Enjoy the good bits!
>

> Gr�goire Gentil

Bill Traynor

Jan 9, 2012, 2:21:14 PM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 14:00, Vladimir Pantelic <vlad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Bill Traynor wrote:
Weird, clicking the link in Gregoire's post fails for me every time.

the link is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685  only

Ahh, yes, that link works.

       On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 13:00, Gregoire Gentil <gregoir...@gmail.com <mailto:gregoiregentil@gmail.com>> wrote:

           Hello,

           Always Innovating, creator of the HDMI Dongle, is pleased to bring a
           FULL FEATURES image of Ice Cream Sandwich for Pandaboard. You are
           getting:

           - SGX support
           - USB support
           - 1080p HDMI output
           - Sound over HDMI
           - Smooth 1080p H.264 decoding
           - Wi-Fi
           - Bluetooth

           You can download the free image at: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685
           image-ics-pandaboard.zip <http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685%0Aimage-ics-pandaboard.zip>:

           2dde6197bc23d858124ad7e106e5bcd6 - 306.8MB

       I got Link Not Available.

           Enjoy the good bits!

           Grégoire Gentil

Simon Kenyon

Jan 9, 2012, 2:37:40 PM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
not only does the link work - so does the image
typing this on my hdmi tv with my pandaboard

working hdmi, video and sound

brilliant

thank you very much
--
simon

Gregoire Gentil

Jan 9, 2012, 3:03:01 PM1/9/12
to pandaboard
Great! And have you tried the 1080p Dark Knight trailer in the media
gallery? ;-)

Our tree is based on the public omapzoom stuff for both kernel and
rootfs. It's merged with some patches specifically for the HDMI
Dongle. Not everything is yet on the AI git but we will post things
soon,

On Jan 9, 11:37 am, Simon Kenyon <simoncken...@gmail.com> wrote:
> not only does the link work - so does the image
> typing this on my hdmi tv with my pandaboard
>
> working hdmi, video and sound
>
> brilliant
>
> thank you very much
> --
> simon
>

> Bill Traynor <btray...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> the link is:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=**TMMFQ685<http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685> only
>
> >Ahh, yes, that link works.

Simon Kenyon

Jan 9, 2012, 3:19:12 PM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
no i haven't - i will shortly
just in the process of adding some apks to the sdcard so that i can get to my network shares which have some videos to test.
if they work i will be a happy camper

what would be good would be a readme to show how to built it myself.
i want to do some work on video capture and dvb

thanks once again
--
simon

Simon Kenyon

Jan 9, 2012, 6:06:19 PM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
didn't find it. but there were quiet a lot in youtube.
some high motion videos were a little jurkey.
but no worse than a bluray in my ps3.
i would rate this a major success.

market FCs
but i can install from the web and apps download fine
some work - so don't

youtube does, angry birds does

would be good to upgrade to 4.0.3 and provide some instructions about self-build

once again - pretty cool
--
simon

Simon Kenyon

Jan 9, 2012, 6:20:40 PM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
the pandaboard would appear to be driving the display at 720p
this is on a tv that support 1080p
--
simon

milo chu

Jan 10, 2012, 12:44:04 AM1/10/12
to pandaboard
That's great.
Could you please share the source code?

Simon Kenyon

Jan 10, 2012, 8:48:04 AM1/10/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
the ai.android tree says it is for omap3
the panda is omap4

when do you think you will have the panda code up on your repository?

i also note that the disk layout you have implemented is different from aosp.
it is an improvement, but different
--
simon

On 9 January 2012 20:03, Gregoire Gentil <gregoir...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
simon

Gregoire Gentil

Jan 11, 2012, 1:00:34 PM1/11/12
to pandaboard
Hello,

I know that you are frustrated that I haven't posted yet the recipe to
cook this.

Note that I have discovered that the output is running at 1280x720.
You can still decode 1080p as shown in the trailer in the media
application but it's outputted to 1280x720.

Linaro is working and finalizing its January image which will bring
everything we have in the Always Innovating work. And it will
certainly be more polished and based on kernel 3.2.

The image provided in this thread is based on the following:

The 3.0.8 kernel is based on:
http://omapzoom.org/?p=kernel/omap.git revision
d335b7ff950345d62b2267244067f1746a694e3f

The Ducati binaries are coming from:
http://omapzoom.org/?p=device/ti/proprietary-open.git

The rootfs is coming from:
http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=platform/omapmanifest.git
repo init -u git://git.omapzoom.org/repo/android/platform/omapmanifest.git
-b 27.x -m RLS27.I.ENG.1_IcecreamSandwich.xml

The SGX are coming from:
the Linaro-4.0.3 / Pandaboard / AOSP SGX binaries.

I hope that it helps for the impatient guys ;-)

On Jan 10, 5:48 am, Simon Kenyon <simoncken...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the ai.android tree says it is for omap3
> the panda is omap4
>
> when do you think you will have the panda code up on your repository?
>
> i also note that the disk layout you have implemented is different from
> aosp.
> it is an improvement, but different
> --
> simon

Stephan Raue

Jan 9, 2012, 2:12:15 PM1/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com, Vladimir Pantelic
hmmm megaupload... not very serious for a company or official project?

Stephan

Jeffrey Longo

Jan 10, 2012, 7:12:53 PM1/10/12
to pandaboard
Anyone try this on a Pandaboard ES?

On Jan 10, 8:48 am, Simon Kenyon <simoncken...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the ai.android tree says it is for omap3
> the panda is omap4
>
> when do you think you will have the panda code up on your repository?
>
> i also note that the disk layout you have implemented is different from
> aosp.
> it is an improvement, but different
> --
> simon

acdc

Jan 12, 2012, 2:06:42 AM1/12/12
to pandaboard
How did you build the ICs on pandaboard ? Did you give lunch and
selected panda ??

Thanks
acdc

On Jan 11, 11:00 pm, Gregoire Gentil <gregoiregen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know that you are frustrated that I haven't posted yet the recipe to
> cook this.
>
> Note that I have discovered that the output is running at 1280x720.
> You can still decode 1080p as shown in the trailer in the media
> application but it's outputted to 1280x720.
>
> Linaro is working and finalizing its January image which will bring
> everything we have in the Always Innovating work. And it will
> certainly be more polished and based on kernel 3.2.
>
> The image provided in this thread is based on the following:
>
> The 3.0.8  kernel is based on:http://omapzoom.org/?p=kernel/omap.gitrevision
> d335b7ff950345d62b2267244067f1746a694e3f
>
> The Ducati binaries are coming from:http://omapzoom.org/?p=device/ti/proprietary-open.git
>
> The rootfs is coming from:http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=platform/omapmanifest.git
> repo init -u git://git.omapzoom.org/repo/android/platform/omapmanifest.git
> -b 27.x -m RLS27.I.ENG.1_IcecreamSandwich.xml
>
> The SGX are coming from:
> the Linaro-4.0.3 / Pandaboard / AOSP SGX binaries.
>
> I hope that it helps for the impatient guys ;-)
>
> Grégoire Gentil
> Founder Always Innovating
> Visit our latest innovation, the HDMI Dongle, athttp://www.alwaysinnovating.com

Steve Toh

Jan 12, 2012, 3:07:13 AM1/12/12
to pandaboard
Tried out the build, great work!! I agree with the previous posters,
can't wait to be able to build this from source.

On Jan 11, 10:00 am, Gregoire Gentil <gregoiregen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know that you are frustrated that I haven't posted yet the recipe to
> cook this.
>
> Note that I have discovered that the output is running at 1280x720.
> You can still decode 1080p as shown in the trailer in the media
> application but it's outputted to 1280x720.
>
> Linaro is working and finalizing its January image which will bring
> everything we have in the Always Innovating work. And it will
> certainly be more polished and based on kernel 3.2.
>
> The image provided in this thread is based on the following:
>
> The 3.0.8  kernel is based on:http://omapzoom.org/?p=kernel/omap.gitrevision
> d335b7ff950345d62b2267244067f1746a694e3f
>
> The Ducati binaries are coming from:http://omapzoom.org/?p=device/ti/proprietary-open.git
>
> The rootfs is coming from:http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=platform/omapmanifest.git
> repo init -u git://git.omapzoom.org/repo/android/platform/omapmanifest.git
> -b 27.x -m RLS27.I.ENG.1_IcecreamSandwich.xml
>
> The SGX are coming from:
> the Linaro-4.0.3 / Pandaboard / AOSP SGX binaries.
>
> I hope that it helps for the impatient guys ;-)
>
> Grégoire Gentil
> Founder Always Innovating
> Visit our latest innovation, the HDMI Dongle, athttp://www.alwaysinnovating.com

Richard

Jan 12, 2012, 4:22:50 PM1/12/12
to pandaboard
Just tired this out, does not run at 1080p, runs at the same 'almost'
720p as the build from the main branch does. 1280x675. Does use HDMI
instead of the DVI but overscans badly on my TV.

Does have the bluetooth, I've not got that to work but then not tried
too, still trying to get 1080p to work.

I would be interested in how you got the HDMI working, I can't find
the display params for ICS to set the display mode or output mode.

On Jan 9, 7:37 pm, Simon Kenyon <simoncken...@gmail.com> wrote:
> not only does the link work - so does the image
> typing this on my hdmi tv with my pandaboard
>
> working hdmi, video and sound
>
> brilliant
>
> thank you very much
> --
> simon
>

> Bill Traynor <btray...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> the link is:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=**TMMFQ685<http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685> only
>
> >Ahh, yes, that link works.

Fabian Seidel

Jan 13, 2012, 7:51:14 AM1/13/12
to pandaboard
Hi Gregoire,
can you provide some information on how to integrate the Ducati
binaries into the build process?
I am very new to building software from source so I do not know what
to do.
Are you sure that the January release from Linaro will provide hw
accelerated video decoding?
I thought they just use the Hw for the normal UI.

Thanks
Fabian

On 11 Jan., 19:00, Gregoire Gentil <gregoiregen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know that you are frustrated that I haven't posted yet the recipe to
> cook this.
>
> Note that I have discovered that the output is running at 1280x720.
> You can still decode 1080p as shown in the trailer in the media
> application but it's outputted to 1280x720.
>
> Linaro is working and finalizing its January image which will bring
> everything we have in the Always Innovating work. And it will
> certainly be more polished and based on kernel 3.2.
>
> The image provided in this thread is based on the following:
>
> The 3.0.8  kernel is based on:http://omapzoom.org/?p=kernel/omap.gitrevision
> d335b7ff950345d62b2267244067f1746a694e3f
>
> The Ducati binaries are coming from:http://omapzoom.org/?p=device/ti/proprietary-open.git
>
> The rootfs is coming from:http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=platform/omapmanifest.git
> repo init -u git://git.omapzoom.org/repo/android/platform/omapmanifest.git
> -b 27.x -m RLS27.I.ENG.1_IcecreamSandwich.xml
>
> The SGX are coming from:
> the Linaro-4.0.3 / Pandaboard / AOSP SGX binaries.
>
> I hope that it helps for the impatient guys ;-)
>
> Grégoire Gentil
> Founder Always Innovating
> Visit our latest innovation, the HDMI Dongle, athttp://www.alwaysinnovating.com

Chuck McManis

Jan 18, 2012, 12:51:25 PM1/18/12
to pandaboard
So I'm trying to get this to boot on my PandaBoard ES and so far no
joy.

I downloaded the image, copied it to an SD card, and stuck it in the
Panda Board. When I power it up the green LED marked Status2 blinks
repeatedly at high speed. If I press the Pwr/Reset button it switches
to solid.

I've got it hooked up to a monitor through the HDMI port (1600 x 1200
DVI monitor with adapter to HDMI) I don't have a keyboard or mouse
attached and I have a serial port attached set to 115.2Kbaud 8N1.
(This is my nominal boot config for Ubuntu which does work fine). When
I put my Ubuntu SD card in it boots (I can watch over the serial port
until it switches to video and then the login appears on video)

Thoughts? Something I can do to further diagnose this?

--Chuck

capanov

Jan 18, 2012, 6:25:40 PM1/18/12
to pandaboard
It would be nice with an version for PANDABOARD ES.
Someone who can help??

Brian Droidfan

Jan 20, 2012, 1:43:48 AM1/20/12
to pandaboard
Megaupload was taken down :( Anyone have alternative links to the
binaries?

Rubén Torrero Marijnissen

Jan 20, 2012, 7:16:03 AM1/20/12
to pandaboard
Also been trying to get it on Pandaboard ES without luck. I've been
trying as well the Linaro builds, but the seem unstable and unsmooth
atm on my Pandaboard ES.

Gregoire Gentil

Jan 21, 2012, 3:39:54 AM1/21/12
to pandaboard
No, it's not compatible with ES. I haven't got time to add the few
patches to make it work on the ES version. I might try to do it early
next week,

Grégoire Gentil
Founder Always Innovating

On Jan 20, 4:16 am, Rubén Torrero Marijnissen

Gregoire Gentil

Jan 21, 2012, 3:40:26 AM1/21/12
to pandaboard
Here is a new link (until rapidshare is going down obviously...):

https://rapidshare.com/files/3911501276/panda-ics-4.0.1.zip

Grégoire Gentil
Founder Always Innovating

Simon Kenyon

Jan 21, 2012, 6:43:19 PM1/21/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
can you make the source available?
i want to do some work on this
--
simon

Chuck McManis

Jan 21, 2012, 11:29:34 PM1/21/12
to pandaboard
On Jan 21, 12:39 am, Gregoire Gentil <gregoiregen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, it's not compatible with ES. I haven't got time to add the few
> patches to make it work on the ES version. I might try to do it early
> next week,

One of the nice things about sharing the recipe/repo is that folks who
do have time to add the patches can. Just sayin'

--Chuck

Gregoire Gentil

Jan 22, 2012, 2:35:04 AM1/22/12
to pandaboard
Hello,

So I have updated x-load with git://gitorious.org/pandaboard/x-loader-4460.git
so that it supports also Pandaboard ES. I have also updated to 4.0.3.
Here is the link of the full download:

https://rapidshare.com/files/15358511/panda-ics-4.0.3.b.zip

This ICS 4.0.3 image supports both Pandaboard and Pandaboard ES.
md5sum: 03755f6834c3b25779ad17dd633cbbc7

I'm following http://omapedia.org/wiki/4AI.1.0_OMAP4_Icecream_Sandwich_Release_Notes
and I'm using repo init -u git://git.omapzoom.org/repo/android/platform/omapmanifest.git
-b 27.x -m RLS4AI.1.0_IcecreamSandwich.xml . I'm using revision
e90be6345c5a831a7cb8a05d7ef42c294e7d3da5 for the kernel.

Also, if you are interested to see the HDMI Dongle running those bits,
we will be at LinaroConnect, Android Summit and ELC early February
2012.

Grégoire Gentil
Founder Always Innovating

PS: For link archive, https://rapidshare.com/files/3911501276/panda-ics-4.0.1.zip
which only support Pandaboard (not ES).

Henry Boutry

Jan 21, 2012, 2:58:31 PM1/21/12
to pandaboard
+1 ... I am desperate to find some solid (stable and useable)
distributions ICS and Linux... Your links are welcome;-)

Grégoire,

Milles merci pour votre travail, bravo pour l'enthoursiasme et
votre HDMI Dongle (Thanks a lot for your work)

Henry2.0

capanov

Jan 21, 2012, 5:30:33 AM1/21/12
to pandaboard
Thanks Grégoire, we are looking forward on that.
Greetings

Joshi, Vikas

Jan 22, 2012, 11:09:11 PM1/22/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Did you check out linaro.org?
Also you may want to search this forum for links to AOSP ICS; there were some posts with links to build instructions if you want to build from source.

Vikas

Subash Patel

Jan 23, 2012, 1:33:48 AM1/23/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Vikas. The easiest place to look is Linaro (wiki.linaro.org)

Regards,
Subash

On 01/23/2012 09:39 AM, Joshi, Vikas wrote:
> Did you check out linaro.org?
> Also you may want to search this forum for links to AOSP ICS; there were some posts with links to build instructions if you want to build from source.
>
> Vikas

joseluis...@codefactory.es

Jan 23, 2012, 3:02:47 AM1/23/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Gregoire. Tested and it works fine on a Pandaboard ES. Is there any way to change the resolution, or is it "hardcoded" into the Kernel?

Cheers,

capanov

Jan 22, 2012, 12:00:41 PM1/22/12
to pandaboard
Thank you very much. Amazingly quickly worked. Looking forward to the
release of the HDMI dongle.Regards Mitko

On 22 Jan, 08:35, Gregoire Gentil <gregoiregen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So I have updated x-load with git://gitorious.org/pandaboard/x-loader-4460.git
> so that it supports also Pandaboard ES. I have also updated to 4.0.3.
> Here is the link of the full download:
>
> ***************************************************************************https://rapidshare.com/files/15358511/panda-ics-4.0.3.b.zip
>
> This ICS 4.0.3 image supports both Pandaboard and Pandaboard ES.
> md5sum: 03755f6834c3b25779ad17dd633cbbc7
>
> I'm followinghttp://omapedia.org/wiki/4AI.1.0_OMAP4_Icecream_Sandwich_Release_Notes
> and I'm using repo init -u git://git.omapzoom.org/repo/android/platform/omapmanifest.git
> -b 27.x -m RLS4AI.1.0_IcecreamSandwich.xml . I'm using revision
> e90be6345c5a831a7cb8a05d7ef42c294e7d3da5 for the kernel.
>
> Also, if you are interested to see the HDMI Dongle running those bits,
> we will be at LinaroConnect, Android Summit and ELC early February
> 2012.
>
> Grégoire Gentil
> Founder Always Innovating
>
> PS: For link archive,https://rapidshare.com/files/3911501276/panda-ics-4.0.1.zip

Joshi, Vikas

Jan 23, 2012, 6:18:41 AM1/23/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Additional point to the x-loader mention below:

The mainline u-boot also has x-loader in it and it is my belief that it will work with both ES and non-ES Panda.
I intent to test it in a day or two and will let you know.

Vikas

Jan 23, 2012, 8:09:33 AM1/23/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
I have compiled uboot myself to be able to use boot.scr to set kernel
arguments, and set the omapdss parameters accordingly to use 1366x768.
Unfortunatly the resolution is still stuck at 1280x720.

Best regards,
Stephan

Gregoire Gentil

Jan 23, 2012, 8:56:51 PM1/23/12
to pandaboard
A Linaro guy told me that it was hard-coded in the TI kernel tree and
as I want 720p for another reason, I didn't search to modify this.
Also, there is another patch needed in the framework to avoid forcing
720p. Linaro has this "counter" patch but I don't know where it is. If
Linaro manages to finalize their build soon, I guess that it will
properly support 1080p for the screen,

Grégoire Gentil
Founder Always Innovating

On Jan 23, 5:09 am, Stephan Heuser <stephan.heu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have compiled uboot myself to be able to use boot.scr to set kernel
> arguments, and set the omapdss parameters accordingly to use 1366x768.
> Unfortunatly the resolution is still stuck at 1280x720.
>
> Best regards,
> Stephan

Jeffrey Longo

Jan 23, 2012, 9:13:20 PM1/23/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Gregorie,

Your latest image doesn't work. The MD5 checks out, but when unzipping, I get this error:

unzip panda-ics-4.0.3.zip
Archive: panda-ics-4.0.3.zip
warning [panda-ics-4.0.3.zip]: 76 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
(attempting to process anyway)
error [panda-ics-4.0.3.zip]: reported length of central directory is
-76 bytes too long (Atari STZip zipfile? J.H.Holm ZIPSPLIT 1.1
zipfile?). Compensating...
skipping: image-ics-pandaboard-4.0.3.b need PK compat. v4.5 (can do v2.1)
inflating: README.txt

note: didn't find end-of-central-dir signature at end of central dir.
(please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)

I was able to unzip your previous zip file fine, so I'm wondering if something didn't get done correctly with this one?

Thanks,

Jeff Longo

Gregoire Gentil

Jan 24, 2012, 10:09:56 PM1/24/12
to pandaboard
I hate to say that but "it's working for me". And according to the
thread, it seems that some other people have managed to extract
properly the zip archive. Are you sure that you are not doing anything
wrong? Also, my file is named panda-ics-4.0.3.b.zip. Last, the file
might be > 4G so you can't extract it on a fat partition,

Grégoire Gentil
Founder Always Innovating

> > I'm followinghttp://omapedia.org/wiki/4AI.1.0_OMAP4_Icecream_Sandwich_Release_Notes
> > and I'm using repo init -u git://git.omapzoom.org/repo/android/platform/omapmanifest.git
> > -b 27.x -m RLS4AI.1.0_IcecreamSandwich.xml . I'm using revision
> > e90be6345c5a831a7cb8a05d7ef42c294e7d3da5 for the kernel.
>
> > Also, if you are interested to see the HDMI Dongle running those bits,
> > we will be at LinaroConnect, Android Summit and ELC early February
> > 2012.
>
> > Grégoire Gentil
> > Founder Always Innovating
>
> > PS: For link archive,https://rapidshare.com/files/3911501276/panda-ics-4.0.1.zip

Kent Loobey

Jan 24, 2012, 11:20:08 PM1/24/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 19:09:56 -0800 (PST)
Gregoire Gentil <gregoir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I hate to say that but "it's working for me". And according to the
> thread, it seems that some other people have managed to extract
> properly the zip archive. Are you sure that you are not doing anything
> wrong? Also, my file is named panda-ics-4.0.3.b.zip. Last, the file
> might be > 4G so you can't extract it on a fat partition,

I also hate it when people say "Well it worked for me." but well it did
work for me. I unziped it onto an ext4 partition and then cat ed
to /dev/sdb as instructed and inserted the SD card into my panda,
applied power and it just worked.

Henry Boutry

Jan 24, 2012, 4:06:40 AM1/24/12
to pandaboard
Jeff,

No problem for me... Unzip (7-ZIP), copy and ... starts on
Pandaboard ES! Have your tried re- downloading the file?

... Only my 2 €uroCents, Henry2.0

sbeh...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2012, 8:57:33 AM1/25/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is Bluetooth working for you on 4.0.1 or I have to move to 4.0.3 ?

Thanks

sbeh...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2012, 7:25:46 AM1/26/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ok. BT is working fine on 4.0.3.
Strange behavior with different HDMI TV, but still great job

Nigel Hsiung

Jan 30, 2012, 1:05:03 AM1/30/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gregoire,

>I'm following http://omapedia.org/wiki/4AI.1.0_OMAP4_Icecream_Sandwich_Release_Notes
>and I'm using repo init -u git://git.omapzoom.org/repo/android/platform/omapmanifest.git
>-b
 27.x -m RLS4AI.1.0_IcecreamSandwich.xml . I'm using revision
>e90be6345c5a831a7cb8a05d7ef42c294e7d3da5 for the kernel.

What is this kernel revision e90be6345c5a831a7cb8a05d7ef42c294e7d3da5? I'm getting a reference is not a tree error when i try to checkout.
$ mkdir kernel
$ git clone git://git.omapzoom.org/kernel/omap.git kernel/android-3.0
$ cd kernel/android-3.0
$ git checkout e90be6345c5a831a7cb8a05d7ef42c294e7d3da5
fatal: reference is not a tree: e90be6345c5a831a7cb8a05d7ef42c294e7d3da5

Thanks,
Nigel

James Yonan

Feb 2, 2012, 1:57:50 AM2/2/12
to pandaboard
> Gregorie,
>
> Your latest image doesn't work.  The MD5 checks out, but when unzipping, I get this error:
>
> unzip panda-ics-4.0.3.zip
> Archive:  panda-ics-4.0.3.zip
> warning [panda-ics-4.0.3.zip]:  76 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
>   (attempting to process anyway)
> error [panda-ics-4.0.3.zip]:  reported length of central directory is
>   -76 bytes too long (Atari STZip zipfile?  J.H.Holm ZIPSPLIT 1.1
>   zipfile?).  Compensating...
>    skipping: image-ics-pandaboard-4.0.3.b  need PK compat. v4.5 (can do v2.1)
>   inflating: README.txt

I got this error too when using a old version of unzip that doesn't
understand file sizes greater than 32 bits. Use a modern version of
unzip and it should work fine.

James

James Yonan

Feb 2, 2012, 2:09:37 AM2/2/12
to pandaboard
Gregoire,

Thanks for your hard work putting this together. I've noticed a few
issues though:

1. This build doesn't appear to detect the ethernet port on Pandaboard
ES. netcfg shows no eth0. Any ideas how to enable it?

2. During boot, I'm noticing a lot of audio noise coming through the
HDMI.

3. Going to Settings / Storage crashes the settings app.

4. The "Brought to you by Always Innovating" ad is in the worst
possible place when you are trying to run the terminal emulator.
Perhaps it could be moved or your could provide instructions how to
disable?

James

chandra

Feb 25, 2012, 8:55:25 AM2/25/12
to pandaboard
Hi Gregoire,

Thanks for sharing the binaries for panda board.I have tried to
download and build the source code from the links which you have
mentioned.But the link which you mentioned is for blaze tablet.So I
had to modify the Panda device folder in the android filesystem source
and few kernel files to make BT, WIFI, Video Playback and sound over
audio jack working.

Stephan Heuser

Mar 13, 2012, 4:47:19 AM3/13/12
to pandaboard
Hi Chandra,

could you give us a short wrap-up about the modifications you had to
include to get everything working?

Stephan

Kushal

Mar 14, 2012, 3:27:10 AM3/14/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com

Hi chandra,
Would you please share the steps to activate BT. I have the master branch from AOSP and kernel from android.googlesource.com/kernel/omap.git /remotes/origin/android-omap-panda-3.0

WIFI is working for me. getting display on both HDMI and DVI-D. My concern at this point is to get Bluetooth up. I have tried few other patches but they have not worked for me and I am an newbie in system software- so would appreciate your step-by step help.

Thanks,
kushal

Sakthi Kannan Ramabadran

Mar 14, 2012, 3:51:00 AM3/14/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chandra,

I'm having issues with activating the BT and Wifi for Android ICS on pandabroad, it would be very helpful if you could throw some light on how you were able to achieve it.

Regards,
Sakthi

Daniel De Vidi

Mar 14, 2012, 7:43:09 AM3/14/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grégoire (and all the group),

I did try your image and it works flawlessly on our PandaBoard ES, brilliant job! Thanks a lot for sharing it.

I'd like to ask you some details about it because with my colleagues we're also working on our custom baked ICS release and we had some troubles with video HW acceleration.

We realized and discovered some key points (like how to build ICS with the latest Ducati 2.1 release and relative codecs), but we're still fighting with the /dev/ion memory manager: how did you configure the kernel to enable the ion device and get it properly working?
Do you have some tips about it?

Thanks again,
Daniel

olivia mckenzy

Mar 14, 2012, 12:01:18 PM3/14/12
to pandaboard
Hi Chandra, i would like to know what did you do to make the BT work,
my WIFI works fine but i haven't been able to make BT work, if you
could help me it would be great, thanks in advanced.

Dan MacDonald

Aug 9, 2012, 1:15:30 PM8/9/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com, gregoir...@gmail.com
Hi Gregoire!

Unless someone tells me otherwise, and the Pandaboard list hasn't
delivered any alternates since I asked, it seems you are the only
person to have released a ready-to-run ICS image for Pandaboard
complete with all the available drivers so big thanks for doing that!

The biggest prob with this is that nowhere is this image mentioned on
OMAPpedia and I'd really like to get that fixed soon so new Pandaboard
users aren't left in the dark. I'm just lucky that I've been on this
list and remembered the company name today so I could find Gregoire's
posts in the archives. In addition to a link to the files we should
also include a few helpful hints and highlight any gotchyas.

I understand we have a majority of devs on this list who WANT to
compile Android from scratch, and I do too (if I had enough RAM), but
I also want an easily accessed and quickly installed Android base
system that 'just works' (as far as poss) with zero compilation and
minimal post-install config and it seems Always Innovating ICS is all
we have in this regard thus far.

So Gregoire, is 4.0.3b still your most current release? It would be
great to have an update based on the latest ICS source and associated
updates (SGX drivers etc) so if you may be able to provide us with
something newer soon Gregoire, please let us know and I'll hold off on
updating the wiki until you release that. I am of course presuming you
don't mind me linking to your files from the wiki - is that OK? The
current release is on rapidshare but I wouldn't be surprised if we can
organise to get it hosted elsewhere if you don't want to/ can't afford
to host it yourself?

I'm just about to install 4.0.3b - did the problem with setting the
res get resolved? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Finally, it'd also be good to get an update on the status of your HDMI
dongles Gregoire. Any ideas when they'll be publicly available?

Thanks v. much!

Dan

Mohammad Elwakeel

Aug 10, 2012, 7:31:24 AM8/10/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gregoire,

Megaupload is down now, can you post the images to a mirror please? Also can you guide us through the process od Ducati integration?

thanks,

Mohammad

On Monday, January 9, 2012 8:00:44 PM UTC+2, Gregoire Gentil wrote:
Hello,

Always Innovating, creator of the HDMI Dongle, is pleased to bring a
FULL FEATURES image of Ice Cream Sandwich for Pandaboard. You are
getting:

- SGX support
- USB support
- 1080p HDMI output
- Sound over HDMI
- Smooth 1080p H.264 decoding
- Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth

You can download the free image at: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TMMFQ685
image-ics-pandaboard.zip
: 2dde6197bc23d858124ad7e106e5bcd6 - 306.8MB

Enjoy the good bits!

Grégoire Gentil
Founder Always Innovating
Visit our latest innovation, the HDMI Dongle, at http://www.alwaysinnovating.com

Dan MacDonald

Aug 10, 2012, 8:02:05 AM8/10/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammad!

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Mohammad Elwakeel
<eng.m.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Gregoire,
>
> Megaupload is down now, can you post the images to a mirror please? Also can
> you guide us through the process od Ducati integration?

The Megaupload link died months ago but both of the Rapidshare files
still work but its pretty slow unless you have a RS account.

I tried the 4.0.3b version on my Panda A4 last night but didn't get it
to boot. dd didn't quite fit the image onto my 4GB SD card so maybe
that was the problem but I should imagine the last gig or so of the
images will be empty space so I think I should be able to write these
images onto a 4GB SD. > 8GB should be fine of course so maybe I'll
just have to get a bigger SD. I'm going to try the 4.0.1 again later
as I've had that running in the past, albeit on a 32GB SD which I gave
away as part of a present.

I really hope Gregoire replies to our questions soon and that he and
his business are OK!

Dan

Gregoire Gentil

Aug 15, 2012, 11:43:10 PM8/15/12
to pandaboard
Hello,

Thanks for reviving this thread. I also saw the omappedia page.

We have been pretty busy and we have done many private releases since
the first post of this thread including some patches for camera
support but nothing has been released publicly indeed. We will send an
update most likely within two weeks.

Cheers,

Grégoire Gentil
Founder Always Innovating

On Aug 10, 5:02 am, Dan MacDonald <allc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mohammad!
>
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Mohammad Elwakeel

Dan MacDonald

Aug 16, 2012, 2:57:06 AM8/16/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gregoire!

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:43 AM, Gregoire Gentil
<gregoir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for reviving this thread.

Thanks for AI Android - its the best, most stable OS I've run on my
Pandaboard yet, if obviously not quite there yet for all the reasons I
listed on OMAPpedia.

I also saw the omappedia page.

Good, and I'd love some feedback on my remaining questions then I can
get rid of 'the developer does not respond' bit! :)

I've just tried again to register on your forums but the confirmation
of registration captcha code is broken:

http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/forums/ucp.php?mode=register

It would be nice to see a forum started for users of AI ICS on there.

> We have been pretty busy and we have done many private releases since
> the first post of this thread including some patches for camera
> support but nothing has been released publicly indeed. We will send an
> update most likely within two weeks.

Great news indeed! I look forward to running this updated version as
I've been having no luck with the Linaro 12.06, 12.07, 12.05 omapzoom
and tilt images. If I get them to boot, they barely last 5m before
they crash or I'm just looking at an android screen as if its
half-shut down or something. I have not yet installed the SGX drivers
under Linaro but I can't see them fixing such great flaws which would
seem to be present in the underlying builds somewhere.

AI ICS 4.0.1 runs for hours and hours without a single hiccup which is
what I expect from a supposedly stable and usable Linux OS. I need to
buy another SD card to eliminate that as a source of instability as
the devs claim 12.06 to be OK. I have not yet tried compiling any
Android tree as my mode of operation under Linux is to hunt down the
best existing binary distro (ie Debian :) as I always avoid
compilation where possible and for newbs and non-devs, self building
isn't a valid option.

My main question about this new AI ICS release is will we have the
ability to disable the on-screen advert if there is still going to be
an onscreen advert? Can we disable this text in the current releases?

Thanks for your help Gregoire!

Simon Kenyon

Aug 16, 2012, 2:57:09 AM8/16/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On 08/16/12 04:43, Gregoire Gentil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for reviving this thread. I also saw the omappedia page.
>
> We have been pretty busy and we have done many private releases since
> the first post of this thread including some patches for camera
> support but nothing has been released publicly indeed. We will send an
> update most likely within two weeks.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gr�goire Gentil
> Founder Always Innovating

how about releasing the source this time?

Joshi, Vikas

Aug 16, 2012, 3:34:54 AM8/16/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
One point that popped in my mind is that instead of hosting the binaries on some dropbox we can look into hosting them on pandaboard.org and keep them till eternity!

Thoughts!

Vikas

Tom Mitchell

Aug 16, 2012, 5:54:02 PM8/16/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, August 16, 2012, Joshi, Vikas wrote:
One point that popped in my mind is that instead of hosting the binaries on some dropbox we can look into hosting them on pandaboard.org and keep them till eternity!

Thoughts!

Vikas

Yes, selected ones that work well and are mentioned in the Wiki should.
A chain of images to bisect for a bug...  No.

Done correctly removal would eventually replace the link with a forward link to improved or more supportable bits.

--
I be mobile, excuse my tipping!

Israel Cepeda

Aug 20, 2012, 12:08:05 PM8/20/12
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have seen that some of you want to have a source code to get ICS working with full features so I want to share a link to a wiki were I got it working on Panda ES http://www.omappedia.com/wiki/4AI.1.4_OMAP4_Icecream_Sandwich_Panda_Notes
for Panda I couldn't test it well because I don't have one, but it may work as well.

Enjoy
ICe

On Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:57:09 AM UTC-5, simonckenyon wrote:
On 08/16/12 04:43, Gregoire Gentil wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for reviving this thread. I also saw the omappedia page.
>
> We have been pretty busy and we have done many private releases since
> the first post of this thread including some patches for camera
> support but nothing has been released publicly indeed. We will send an
> update most likely within two weeks.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gr�goire Gentil

turk...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2013, 12:57:36 AM10/12/13
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I am a little late to the party, but I desperately need the panda-ics-4.0.3.b.zip image,
but I can not find it anywhere (rapidshare link is down). Would you please upload this image somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
Ali