Ubuntu/OMAP: L24.11 PPA updates

Dechesne, Nicolas

Jan 3, 2011, 10:23:44 AM1/3/11
to panda...@googlegroups.com
hello,

this is a notification that we have created a new PPA for Ubuntu and panda users with the most recent version of TI packages (kernel, multimedia, graphics and connectivity): https://launchpad.net/~tiomap-dev/+archive/omap-trunk.

Instructions to upgrade a PandaBoard running 10.10 (with or without the TI adds on already installed) are available here: http://omappedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_OMAP_trunk

This update is largely based on TI L24.11 release. The kernel has support for some basic power management including CPU freq scaling (the ondemand governor will be enabled 1 minute after the boot), support for OTG, ... This update should also address the problem observed when playing video in window (instead of full screen) on HD display. There is also an upgrade in the binary Ducati firmware which should bring better stability / bug fixes.

To report bugs, please use one of these links:

For the kernel package, we provide a custom kernel in the PPA which has a different package name (ABI). A bootloader upgrade is also required and the upgrade is documented as well.

Most of these updates will eventually be available for 11.04 release.

cheers,

nicolas

Rob Clark

Jan 3, 2011, 6:24:23 PM1/3/11
to panda...@googlegroups.com
hmm, anyone hitting:

Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net maverick Release: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
available: NO_PUBKEY B2E908737DB60AD5

Rob Clark

Jan 3, 2011, 8:05:14 PM1/3/11
to panda...@googlegroups.com
well, this seemed to help:

sudo gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv B2E908737DB60AD5
sudo gpg --export --armor B2E908737DB60AD5 | sudo apt-key add -

Stehle, Vincent

Jan 4, 2011, 3:22:17 AM1/4/11
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Rob Clark <robd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> well, this seemed to help:
> sudo gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv B2E908737DB60AD5
> sudo gpg --export --armor B2E908737DB60AD5 | sudo apt-key add -

Hi,

Under Ubuntu you could also do:

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tiomap-dev/omap-trunk

V.