GStreamer TI encoders support

Maksym Parkachov

Nov 24, 2010, 10:44:24 AM11/24/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I just want to ask about availability of the TI DSP encoders (not
decoders) support for GStreamer on Pandaboard.
As far as I remember, they were not available couple of months ago.

Are they now ? If yes, what is the best distribution to get them
supported, Angstrom/Ubuntu ?

Thanks,
Maksym.

Víctor M. Jáquez L.

Nov 24, 2010, 12:11:14 PM11/24/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 04:44:24PM +0100, Maksym Parkachov wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just want to ask about availability of the TI DSP encoders (not
> decoders) support for GStreamer on Pandaboard.
> As far as I remember, they were not available couple of months ago.

AFAIK for the C64x+ in pandaboard there is nothing done. But I guess you are
rather asking for the ARM M3 (ducati). In that regard, there's the
DOMX/gst-openmax combo, which is already in the Ubuntu's image for the
pandaboard. Still, I don't know if the encoders are there already, but just
launch a `gst-inspect | grep omx`

> Are they now ? If yes, what is the best distribution to get them
> supported, Angstrom/Ubuntu ?
>
> Thanks,
> Maksym.

vmjl

Jayabharath, Goluguri

Nov 24, 2010, 6:31:45 PM11/24/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Maksym Parkachov <lazy....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just want to ask about availability of the TI DSP encoders (not
decoders) support for GStreamer on Pandaboard.
As far as I remember, they were not available couple of months ago.

Are they now ?

Nope. They are not yet available - will update on this thread once they have been released.

--Jayabharath

Maksym Parkachov

Nov 25, 2010, 8:17:41 AM11/25/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Thank for info, great board btw !

BlueWhisper

Dec 9, 2010, 8:29:54 AM12/9/10
to pandaboard
Hi,

On 25 nov, 00:31, "Jayabharath, Goluguri" <jayabhar...@ti.com> wrote:
> Nope. They are not yet available - will update on this thread once they have
> been released.

Is it possible to have an approximate release date?

Thanks!

Blue