PSPSeq 3.00 is coming...

hs

Jul 6, 2008, 7:48:23 PM7/6/08
to PalmSounds
I noticed there's not a whole lot about pspseq for PSP. It's a 16
track synthesizer (yes, real synthesis including karplus-strong and 2
versions of FM) with 64 step patterns and 99 patterns. The sounds is
lovely lowtech with such FX inserts such as waveshaper, decimator and
of course, the classic variable filter (but it allows going into nasty
resonation territories). If you have a homebrew enabled PSP, I
recommend checking it out. And of course, a couple of demo songs
written on the upcoming 3.00.

http://iiichan.net/boards/music/src/HSHAZEDEMO2FINAL.mp3 <-- showing
off some FM.
http://hakyoku.googlepages.com/hs-pspseq3-dnb-wip3.mp3 <-- drum and
bass...with a small peppering of glitch

It's forged miles ahead of 2.11 in terms of workflow with shortcuts to
everything you need, new randomizing and interpolation functions, copy/
paste within a single track, copy/paste specific parameters between
tracks and of course, it's still one of the most potent handheld
sequencers out there with per-step editing of every available
parameter at your disposal. And for the glitch guys, yeah, it's got
really nice glitcharoni effects you can pull off with the sample
player.

I thought you guys might be interested. I'd love to see more people
using this thing. You can get nasty sounds out of it, but it's also
quite suited to more 'mainstream'-ish stuff. If you join the pspseq
googlegroup, you can get the beta version already, but the final
version should be out early this week sometime.

Also of note, the program's creator is making an appearance at
handmade music in brooklyn this week. :)

palms...@googlemail.com

Jul 7, 2008, 3:12:27 PM7/7/08
to PalmSounds
Thanks for the news, and welcome to Palm Sounds.

You're right, I should try and pay a bit more attention to the PSP,
and I had no idea that pspseq was approaching v3. I shall have to do
my homework a bit more!