PDA Audio Interface to use with Meteor & Other Sound Apps

jack

Aug 17, 2008, 4:28:12 PM8/17/08
to PalmSounds
Hello:

What low cost/ small devices would I use to get instruments and mic
inputs for better condensors to use with my windows mobile pda and
Meteor?

My (limited) input choices are

1. 3.5 MM HEADSET JACK
Which is a Microphone AC97 Codec input. I guess I could use a cheap
battery powered condensor (like a SonyECM-MS907) for better quality
than the crappy noisy built in mic. Probably would avoid pluging a
guitar via a effect pedal into that though.

The problem is once something is pluged into the headset jack how
would I hear it? I guess I could use a cheap usb 3.5 adapter. Sound
quality in this regard wouldn't really mater as I would just want to
hear myself recording with the other tracks playing.

2. CF EXPANSION:
Not many devices out there. So that ones that are available really
nice but are expensive.
like the Maycom N-Trace (http://www.maycom.nl/NT.html#features)

3. USB
I don't think usb hardware will "play nice" since my pda doesn't
really have a sound card just a on board 16 bit Digital/Analog
Converter which is probably better than nothing but I wonder how much
good it would do. If usb devices would work they'd most likely give
better sound quality but I can't imagine the latency issues.

* Behringer UCG102- could it work? I use that as an example because
it's cheap and I don't think it needs drivers just plugs in.

*Nonname/nonsoftware/cheap usb convertor from asia?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180278130785

* A GuitarPlug?
http://www.mac-pro.com/GuitarPlug

SOOOOO What's everyone using? I'm just concerned with mic/guitar
inputs.

thanks jack.

(I emailed 4pockets tech about what usb audio interface if any Meteor
supports. I'll post their reply.)

jack

Aug 18, 2008, 4:20:59 PM8/18/08
to PalmSounds

God what an obnoxiously long post. Sorry guys, was sick and hitting
the robotussin pretty hard on my weekend cough syrup bender.