Questions about your P2PU courses: please answer

Maria Droujkova

Apr 7, 2011, 9:29:23 AM4/7/11
to p2pu-ma...@googlegroups.com
  1. Course name
  2. Did the course start?
  3. How many weeks were there any activities?
  4. How many people signed up? Approximately how many participated in the first week? Participated in the last week?
  5. Did you get contacts, collaborations, projects for further work out of the courses?

Here are answers for my two courses.

  1. Math-Rich Baby
  2. Yes
  3. Five out of six
  4. 26/20/4
  5. We are starting a bigger Math Rich project with one of the active peers from the course. It was a very fruitful connection. We also had game development discussions during the course with another active participant, which was helpful and may lead to other work

  1. Mathematics Curriculum Development
  2. Yes
  3. We are currently in 11th week, with 10 of them active (one non-active in the middle)
  4. About 10/About 7/About 5, though different people join during different weeks - the total of participants is about 20. This is an example of connecting a course with multiple communities for continuing recruiting.
  5. We are working on multiplication models suite, and started brainstorming a Wikipedia Portal for math ed

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova

Make math your own, to make your own math.

Linda Fahlberg-Stojanovska

Apr 7, 2011, 2:17:00 PM4/7/11
to p2pu-ma...@googlegroups.com
  1. Create and Share Math Interactives
  2. Yes
  3. 5-6 weeks
  4. 9 6 2-3
  5. Yes, but don’t have time.

Website: http://classroomk12.wikispaces.com/P2PU+CSMI

Joe Corneli

Apr 7, 2011, 8:26:25 PM4/7/11
to p2pu-ma...@googlegroups.com, Maria Droujkova
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Maria Droujkova <drou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Course name
Math for Game Designers
Short Calculus

> Did the course start?
Yes
Yes

> How many weeks were there any activities?

4
2

> How many people signed up?

20
8

>Approximately how many participated in the first week?

7
2

>Participated in the last week?

0
0

> Did you get contacts, collaborations, projects for further work out of the
> courses?

A little
No

Carol Cross

Apr 9, 2011, 12:31:08 PM4/9/11
to p2pu-ma...@googlegroups.com
1.  Psychology of Math Learning
2.  Yes
3.  Six
4.  20/15/5
5.  Not really
____________________________________
Interested in knowing more about early adolescents (ages 10-14)?  Check out my Teaching Your Middle Schooler blog at

Maria Droujkova

Apr 9, 2011, 1:30:23 PM4/9/11
to p2pu-ma...@googlegroups.com

From: Dani Novak <no...@ithaca.edu>
Date: Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 6:33 AM
To: p2pu-ma...@googlegroups.com
Cc: David Rosenthal <dav.ro...@gmail.com>

  1. Intro Math Art
  2. February 2011
  3. around 4
  4. 8  (I still get requests) but it died kind of
  5. Yes
I want to explain.  I am doing it the first time and it was not well organized.  Needs vary. Levels vary.  The goal was not 100% clear.  However there is a huge potential here and I am planning to design another course and involve other people also (like Dr.  David Rosenthal).  Currently it has to wait because of other committments

--
Dr.  Dani Novak
Math Department

--
Dr.  Dani Novak
Math Department
Ithaca College, Ithaca NY 14850 USA
no...@ithaca.edu
http://www.ithaca.edu/dani

Colin

Apr 16, 2011, 1:29:52 PM4/16/11
to p2pu-mathfuture
1. CPD through Twitter for Maths Teachers
2. Yes
3. Difficult to say, since activity was open-ended rather than fixed
tasks
4. 9 in P2PU, 10 in Google group. 4 active in 1st week. Currently in
final week.
5. Not directly.