Largest tachylite core ever found

Gary Vines

Jul 25, 2018, 1:54:13 AM7/25/18
to OzArch

The Aboriginal tachylite core is perhaps the largest known example found to date. It was recently discovered stacked in the chimney at Daylesford and District Historical Society.

"New finds within object collections can be surprising and bring new information to light. While Racquel Kerr (Traditional Owner and Aboriginal Heritage Officer, Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation) and I were recording the Aboriginal object collection at the Daylesford and District Historical Society Inc, we discovered a rock stacked in the chimney of the building. This rock was identified as tachylite, a volcanic basaltic glass material found in few places across Australia including Dja Dja Wurrung Country in central Victoria." FAHS Newsletter July 2018 http://history.org.au/Documents/Newsletters/FAHSNewsletter45-Jul2018.pdf

john...@ozemail.com.au

Jul 25, 2018, 3:11:13 AM7/25/18
to oza...@googlegroups.com

G'day all,

This photographed rock is quite similar in shape to the brick-sized bit of broken silcrete from the shaft at the Newtown telephone exchange.

Believing that humans (not Pleiadeans or anything else) were closely mixed up with how that got to be broken thus the interesting thing was that it is surrounded on all sides by a bleach rind about 1mm max. thick.

So how long does that take to form?

Answer that and you may have the time when someone broke or caused to be broken that rock at Newtown.

Cheers, John

~~