[Melbourne] February

Andrew Bienert

Feb 14, 2011, 8:10:36 PM2/14/11
to ozaltdotnet
At this stage I still don't have a definite answer on the use of the
new room Alt.Net Melbourne. I'm fairly certain it's not going to be a
problem, it's just the wheels turn slowly and as you might imagine
probably not the highest priority on the business agenda.

In the mean time rather than wait I'd like to propose an Alt.Net Beers
evening to kick things off for the year? We'll pick a location in the
city (aka Pub/Bar) and take it from there.

So..
Time: 6:00PM Wednesday 23rd Feb.
Place: TBA (suggestions welcome)

cheers,

Andrew

Jimmy P

Feb 14, 2011, 8:15:57 PM2/14/11
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
Yeah rad I'm in. Do we want to make it just a social event?

Or maybe some people have some things they are thinking about or working on or have been messing with over the summer we could do round table/fishbowl type discussions about over some pints?

On 15 February 2011 12:10, Andrew Bienert <andrew....@gmail.com> wrote:
aka

--
JimP

Andrew Browne

Feb 14, 2011, 8:22:53 PM2/14/11
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
I would love to hear what people have been messing with over summer!

Find us on the web at http://ozalt.net

Andrew Bienert

Feb 14, 2011, 8:24:46 PM2/14/11
to ozaltdotnet
I reckon if someone has some "show and tell" that they can talk about
or bring on a laptop, then we ought to do that.

On Feb 15, 12:22 pm, Andrew Browne <brow...@brownie.com.au> wrote:
> I would love to hear what people have been messing with over summer!
>

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Jimmy P <m...@thejimmyp.com> wrote:
> > Yeah rad I'm in. Do we want to make it just a social event?
>
> > Or maybe some people have some things they are thinking about or working on
> > or have been messing with over the summer we could do round table/fishbowl
> > type discussions about over some pints?

Jimmy P

Feb 14, 2011, 8:31:48 PM2/14/11
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I think that would be cool also.. maybe ppl could chime in with what they have then? Guys?
--
JimP

Andrew Bienert

Feb 14, 2011, 8:35:30 PM2/14/11
to ozaltdotnet
A n00bs adventures in F#

On Feb 15, 12:31 pm, Jimmy P <m...@thejimmyp.com> wrote:
> Yeah I think that would be cool also.. maybe ppl could chime in with what
> they have then? Guys?

David Burela

Feb 14, 2011, 9:13:15 PM2/14/11
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there.
I can open my laptop and give a quick demo of "what I've learnt about Mercurial/TortoiseHg/Bitbucket". and I can show a quick Bitbucket client app I built for the WP7.

-Burela

Lucas Maloney

Feb 14, 2011, 9:40:06 PM2/14/11
to ozaltdotnet
Hi.

I'm new to this group and I'm interested in coming along. Is there
anything I need to know? How will I find you?

Lucas

Andrew Bienert

Feb 14, 2011, 9:45:20 PM2/14/11
to ozaltdotnet
When we have a location confirmed we'll post it here as well as at
http://melbourne.ozalt.net/

Other than that, look for a bunch of geeks with laptops and beers. :)

Aaron Cooper

Feb 14, 2011, 11:13:19 PM2/14/11
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
I've sort of fallen out of the loop a bit, but am certainly interesting in jumping back in again.  Only this Wednesday I've got to choose between you guys and Iron Maiden, and I've gotta tell you, you guys aren't looking good. :)

Aaron.

David Burela

Feb 15, 2011, 12:51:54 AM2/15/11
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
Well if you want venue suggestions
Wednesdays are "all you can eat Beef ribs" at Cho Gao in Melbourne Central.
IIRC it is $19 per pers

But on their site they have a mega special listed

All you can eat beef ribs + jug house beer +  side of your choice + Dessert per person.
$39 per 2pp.

If we do that, I don't think I'll be whipping my laptop out ;-)
-Burela

David Burela

Feb 16, 2011, 7:09:04 PM2/16/11
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
Andrew, final booking details?
You mentioned on Twitter that you'd booked, but might want to repost here

-David Burela

Andrew Bienert

Feb 16, 2011, 11:17:53 PM2/16/11
to ozaltdotnet
Alrighty. I've posted up the details @ http://melbourne.ozalt.net/
As always there is an RSVP.

But if you're too lazy to click through the link above, then here are
the details :)

Location: Oxford Scholar Hotel (427 Swanston Street, Melbourne) -
Opposite RMIT
Date: Wednesday 23rd of Feb.
Time: 6pm - (pub says it's open 'til late)

On Feb 17, 11:09 am, David Burela <david.bur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew, final booking details?
> You mentioned on Twitter that you'd booked, but might want to repost here
>
> -David Burela
>
> On 15 February 2011 16:51, David Burela <david.bur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Well if you want venue suggestions
> > Wednesdays are "all you can eat Beef ribs" at Cho Gao in Melbourne Central.
> > IIRC it is $19 per pers
>
> > But on their site they have a *mega* special listed
>
> >http://www.chogaomelbourne.com.au/homepageImages/cg_wed_special_beefr...
>
> > All you can eat beef ribs + jug house beer +  side of your choice + Dessert
> > per person.
> > $39 per 2pp.
>
> > If we do that, I don't think I'll be whipping my laptop out ;-)
> > -Burela
>
> > <http://www.chogaomelbourne.com.au/homepageImages/cg_wed_special_beefr...>
>
> > On 15 February 2011 15:13, Aaron Cooper <aaroncoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I've sort of fallen out of the loop a bit, but am certainly interesting in
> >> jumping back in again.  Only this Wednesday I've got to choose between you
> >> guys and Iron Maiden, and I've gotta tell you, you guys aren't looking good.
> >> :)
>
> >> Aaron.
>
> >> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Andrew Bienert <andrew.bien...@gmail.com

Jimmy P

Feb 16, 2011, 11:56:45 PM2/16/11
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Bienert
*cough* Tarn and I have been kicked out around midnight *cough*

Find us on the web at http://ozalt.net

--
JimP

David Burela

Feb 21, 2011, 10:37:59 PM2/21/11
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder everyone that this is on tomorrow night.

Bring along a laptop and just show something random to the group. Maybe an obscure R# command? a quick demo of webmatrix, a new IoC container, anything really.
-David Burela