Howto add physical server

Giuseppe Longo

Dec 19, 2011, 3:22:45 PM12/19/11
to OpenVZ Web Panel
Hello guys,
i want to add a new physical server in ovz-web-panel but i need to
create an "auth key".
What's type of keys is? Ssh public key?

Pankaj

Dec 20, 2011, 1:00:31 AM12/20/11
to ovz-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The auth key is like a secret key that you can generate on your own. One of the ways it can be generated using the following command

head -c 200 /dev/urandom | md5sum | awk '{ print $1 }'

You need to add this to /opt/ovz-web-panel/utils/hw-daemon/hw-daemon.ini ... there is a hw-daemon/hw-daemon.ini.sample file you can use to get started.

address = <ipaddr>
port = <port>
key = <The auth key goes here >

Cheers!
Pankaj.
( 2b || ! 2b )

Giuseppe L.

Dec 20, 2011, 3:26:00 AM12/20/11
to ovz-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot :-)

Giuseppe L.

Dec 20, 2011, 3:33:56 AM12/20/11
to ovz-we...@googlegroups.com
Can i overwrite SSL certificates for hw-daemon?

Pankaj

Dec 20, 2011, 6:46:12 AM12/20/11
to ovz-we...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Giuseppe L. <giuse...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can i overwrite SSL certificates for hw-daemon?

I've not tried it yet. Another query I had for the developers was, Do we really need to add the root password to the interface? Can we not replace it with a ssh key?

Pankaj.

Alexei Yuzhakov

Dec 25, 2011, 9:40:51 AM12/25/11
to ovz-we...@googlegroups.com
Instead of giving of root access your can make all steps manually.
Root access is used only once to put the daemon on the remote server
and to generate the key.

--
Best regards,
  Alexei "SibProgrammer" Yuzhakov