OvuView does not identify peak of cervix mucus in certain case

sschwe...@googlemail.com

Jun 3, 2011, 2:36:15 AM6/3/11
to OvuView User Group
OvuView does not identify peak of cervix mucus if there is a series
like watery-watery-watery-dry.
In this case the last day with "watery" should be identfied as cervix
mucus peak.

OvuView

Jun 3, 2011, 2:27:58 PM6/3/11
to ovu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

OvuView detects the peak exactly as you have described (i.e. for the
last watery day). You can test it for example if you add 5 dry values
after the watery values, then the "5 days dry up" rule will detect the
ovulation day. The method needs to check the mucus values on following
5 days too as reappeared fertile mucus could mean still being fertile.
Symptothermal methods also use the last watery day as mucus peak, but
the peak must be also approved by increased temperature.
If you send us your data then we could explain you the exact reasons.

Regards,
Ian

stillwaters

Feb 26, 2012, 2:37:47 PM2/26/12
to ovu...@googlegroups.com
Stef, you are right, it does not detect the mucus peak. I have sent them my charts, and their explanation was that the mucus peak has to last at least 4 days. I added another fertile day to make it 4 days, and nothing changed. I am now on day 28 of my cycle, and its still saying I'm fertile!

Jan Simon

Feb 27, 2012, 8:07:26 AM2/27/12
to ovu...@googlegroups.com
That issue with the required 4 non-dry values will be fixed in the next version.

Ian