I cannot speak for Windows 7 because i'm still on XP but as a fellow-
noober and having gone through all
this too recently I have a couple of notes that may help:
- I don't use cygwin and i usually don't install clojure explicitly
- Downloaded the lein.bat from https://raw.github.com/technomancy/leiningen/stable/bin/lein.bat
- I'm not aware of any other requirements for lein (though I already
had ant and maven so I'm not sure)
- Make sure it's found in PATH
- lein self-install
- lein plugin install swank-clojure 1.4.2 (this installs it so that
you don't need it in project.clj
- lein new overtone-test
- cd overtone-test
- edit project.clj (note that i'm using clojure 1.3.0):
(defproject overtone-test "1.0.0-SNAPSHOT"
:description "FIXME: write description"
:dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "1.3.0"]
- lein deps
- I used http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-20120319-r107630-bin-i38...
(using emacs 24
is easier than < 24)
- Create/update ~/.emacs.d/init.el (~ refers to whatever you have set
as %HOME%) and added
'("marmalade" . "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/") t)
- Start emacs
- M-x package-refresh-contents
- instead of using the whole live coding setup for emacs I wanted to
start as simple as possible,
from here on you can use M-x package-install to install other emacs
- M-x package-install RET starter-kit-lisp RET
you'll get some compilation warnings, don't worry about them, it
doesn't include clojure-mode so
- M-x package-install RET clojure-mode RET
From here on you should be able to go by opening a .clj from your
project, M-x clojure-jack-in.
- for me the live server didn't work and from other messages in this
group i saw that others
also didn't get the live server to work on windows, i therefor
always start SC separately
and connect to it from the REPL using (connect-external-server
As always YMMV but after having gone through several older emacs/swank/
slime recipes in hindsight
all was simpler than I initially thought or what some of these recipes
made it look like.
It's a bummer that I found Overtone only a couple of days before my
holidays ends since I will have
less time to play with it from next week ;-(
On Mar 1, 12:21 am, Bojan Radakovic <mono.mach...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A few noobish questions. Do i need cake, maven and lein? I mean, like all
> three? Also, im a bit off-grid, so downloading dependencies will be
> interesting, at least :D I got cygwin, just need to download packages and
> carry them home. Where do i find ant and maven? http://jartur.l-square.net/2010/02/20/clojure-emacs-windows/dissapeared
> So, steps i need to take are ( as far as i got it )
> 1. Install cygwin and install clojure
> 2. Get lein / maven ?
> 3. Make lein / maven to pull other necessary stuff ?