Bookings Hwange

Heine De Villiers

Jun 2, 2011, 9:06:10 AM6/2/11
to Overland Forum
Hi All

Too lazy to go read the archives or google . I would to book Hwange.
Never bothered before but was caught out in December . Who do i contact
for this

Thanks
Heine

Rob Harvey

Jun 2, 2011, 9:11:01 AM6/2/11
to overland-forum
Christina Mhuriro at ZimParks

cmhu...@zimparks.co.zw

Heine De Villiers

Jun 2, 2011, 9:35:28 AM6/2/11
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rob

zo1zak

Jun 2, 2011, 2:46:45 PM6/2/11
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Christina Mhuriro atcmh...@zimparks.co.zw
Zak

Jean Struweg

Jun 2, 2011, 2:56:47 PM6/2/11
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Good luck with that. Mailed her a few months ago and no reply. Not her fault, afaik they are massively understaffed. I called Zimparks and was told that all the picnic sites in Hwange were booked up (out of peak time!) The independent advice I got was just to arrive and see what you get. So that's what we're doing next week...

Sent from my iPhone

> --
> 4x4's and other stuff for sale:
> http://www.overland.co.za/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2

Heine De Villiers

Jun 2, 2011, 3:26:48 PM6/2/11
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm good luck with that didn't work for us . If all else fails tell
them you're prepared to camp at Deteema . Its been taking off the
booking list because it's a bit run down - but it has a nice hide and dam
DSC00164.JPG

Gustav Preller

Jun 3, 2011, 12:51:03 AM6/3/11
to overland-forum
Phone Christina on 002634706077/8

We were there two weeks ago. There is always camp sites available at
Robins and main camp, but the picnic sites you better book. Deteema,
Masuma and Ngweshla are great. Kennedy 1 is fine but the
Dieselelectric locos in the middle of the night interrupt the lions
roaring.

On Jun 2, 9:26 pm, Heine De Villiers <hdv9...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm good luck with that didn't work for us . If all else fails tell
> them you're prepared to camp at Deteema . Its been taking off the
> booking list because it's a bit run down - but it has a nice hide and dam
>
> On 2011/06/02 08:56 PM, Jean Struweg wrote:
>

> > Good luck with that. Mailed her a few months ago and no reply. Not her fault, afaik they are massively understaffed. I called Zimparks and was told that all the picnic sites in Hwange were booked up (out of peak time!) The independent advice I got was just to arrive and see what you get. So that's what we're doing next week...
>
> > Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 02 Jun 2011, at 20:46, zo1zak<z...@b2einternet.co.za>  wrote:
>
> >> Christina Mhuriro atcmhur...@zimparks.co.zw
> >> Zak

> >> --
> >> 4x4's and other stuff for sale:
> >>http://www.overland.co.za/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2
>

>  DSC00164.JPG
> 337KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Johan Zwiegelaar

Jun 3, 2011, 1:35:53 AM6/3/11
to overland-forum

On Jun 2, 9:26 pm, Heine De Villiers <hdv9...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm good luck with that didn't work for us . If all else fails tell
> them you're prepared to camp at Deteema . Its been taking off the
> booking list because it's a bit run down - but it has a nice hide and dam

Last year this time we had booked Masuma dam. Arrived there only to
find that there was no camping spot available; other people simply
moved in and claimed our spot. They left the next morning though.
Communication within their parks board is not good

Heine De Villiers

Jun 3, 2011, 1:42:24 AM6/3/11
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Not interested in any of the big camps but will stay at Robins if I really have to.
Sent from my Galaxy Tablet

Gustav Preller <gustav....@lifehealthcare.co.za> wrote:

>Phone Christina on 002634706077/8
>
>We were there two weeks ago. There is always camp sites available at
>Robins and main camp, but the picnic sites you better book. Deteema,
>Masuma and Ngweshla are great. Kennedy 1 is fine but the
>Dieselelectric locos in the middle of the night interrupt the lions
>roaring.
>

>On Jun 2, 9:26 pm, Heine De Villiers <hdv9...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmmm good luck with that didn't work for us . If all else fails tell
>> them you're prepared to camp at Deteema . Its been taking off the
>> booking list because it's a bit run down - but it has a nice hide and dam

zo1zak

Jun 3, 2011, 9:41:24 AM6/3/11
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
sny...@zimparks.co.zw
the person that came back to me last week to confirm, copying Christina
- Simukai Nyasha
regards
Zak

lostshepard

Jun 4, 2011, 3:24:14 AM6/4/11
to overland-forum
Hi we were in Zim for the last four weeks and there was plenty of room
everywhere - Robins Camp we had entirely to ourselves - we were told
that they had been busy at Easter. Kariba had a few more people, the
same at Mana Pools but lots of open camping spaces. Up in the Vumba at
Mutare the hotels are virtually empty - Leopard Rock $165 for B&B for
two.

Zimbabwe, if it does not have any more trouble, will become a hot
tourist destination in the next two years; so if you want to go, go
now, whilst its still cheap and available. The roads are in fantastic
condition - pot holes filled (NB SA Road repairers) - the people
friendly and absolutely no problems at all. $1 road tax for which you
get an official receipt on all the main roads - about every 100kms or
so and lots of police blocks - but again no sign of corruption or
begging - also they are neat and clean with freshly ironed uniforms -
this was a real mindshifter for us, we did not know what to expect and
we were really thrilled with our trip.

Cheers
Paul & Lin

Heine De Villiers

Jun 4, 2011, 3:40:48 AM6/4/11
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
I go to Zim at least once a year, sometimes twice.

It is really great to see how things are improving. I remember signing in at Robin's camp about 4 years ago and we were the first entry for 6 weeks.

Last December Vic falls was packed with a large amount of overseas visitors. They had a new years concert which drew over 3000 people.

On the down side, we no longer have the place to ourselves and prices are on the increase

Sent from my Galaxy Tablet