For Sale: VStar

roger.c...@sympatico.ca

Jan 9, 2001, 6:59:59 PM1/9/01
Posting for a friend. All enquiries to Andy, please.
Thank you

1998 Yamaha V Star Classic 650cc
2 tone Burgundy
Leather saddle bags
Yamaha back rest
Windshield
2 in 1 exhaust
Original Battery

Needs 2 tires to safety.
Very good condition.

Asking $7500 OBO

Contact Andy Conde at 521-3388

3 more months to go.......

Ron Georgeadis

Jan 10, 2001, 10:35:49 AM1/10/01
roger.c...@sympatico.ca wrote:

> Posting for a friend. All enquiries to Andy, please.
> Thank you
>
> 1998 Yamaha V Star Classic 650cc
> 2 tone Burgundy
> Leather saddle bags
> Yamaha back rest
> Windshield
> 2 in 1 exhaust
> Original Battery
>
> Needs 2 tires to safety.
> Very good condition.
>
> Asking $7500 OBO

OMFG! I paid MUCH less than that for my 2000 VStar 650 Classic... and
it had NEW tires..

- Ron

Erickson, Gord [CAR:VV15:EXCH]

Jan 10, 2001, 11:41:55 AM1/10/01
"Ron Georgeadis" <ron.geo...@alcatel.com> wrote in message
The saddle bags, back rest, windshield, and exhaust must be REALLY nice!

Kuryliak, Dan [CAR:VG21:EXCH]

Jan 10, 2001, 12:56:59 PM1/10/01

Well those options should raise the "ante" on the asking price, imho. By the same token,
my 97 1100 Virago, with the unique and VERY RARE (none other like it in this world) painting
should be worth well above the original manufacturer's list price of $9K for the bike.

This is not an ordinary Japanese cruiser folks, but a highly personalized motorcycle that
you would soon fall head over heels in love with it.

Ok folks, to own a rare, fully equipped mint condition Virago XV1100 Special, with
all kinds of chrome goodies, I'll offer it for auction with a reserve price of $12K CDN. :-)

Too high a reserve price, you say...well how can you place a value on an ORIGINAL work of
art? Ok the 97 Virago may be worth..say $6000 at todays resale price...but that painting is
an work of art and should be worth....<wait...,my mind is computing a "far market value> of
....$6,000 Canadian and not a penny less, I might add. :-)

Now, all you high tech geeks out there, with loads of cash and nothing to spend it on right now,
can start bidding at the opportunity to own something that will most likely acquire in value
over the next 10 -20 years, especially if you are successful in the bid, acquire it, but don't ride it. :-)

Rather than fork out man $$$$$$ for a old Harley that you have to spend another $$$$ fixing up
and getting it to run right, why not buy something that was done right the first time? :-)

Dan (sniff....should I part with my most precious possession ...for some crapy devalued rasbuckniks?)K.
"aye...and that's the rub"

Dan Kuryliak da...@NortelNetworks.com

roger.c...@sympatico.ca

Jan 10, 2001, 1:03:18 PM1/10/01
Sorry, people...I'm just posting for a buddy.
I'm sure there's lots of room for negotiating.....

Henderson, Greg [CAR:VC76:EXCH]

Jan 10, 2001, 1:23:47 PM1/10/01
roger.c...@sympatico.ca wrote:

> Sorry, people...I'm just posting for a buddy.
> I'm sure there's lots of room for negotiating.....

Roger,

tell Andy to start with a more realistic asking price.
If you start out too high nobody will inquire, especially
at this time of year

--
Greg Henderson
Kwak: ZX-6E, Hardley: Z-90, Suze: SV650S

Henderson, Greg [CAR:VC76:EXCH]

Jan 10, 2001, 1:30:40 PM1/10/01
"Kuryliak, Dan [CAR:VG21:EXCH]" wrote:

> Well those options should raise the "ante" on the asking price, imho. By the same token,
> my 97 1100 Virago, with the unique and VERY RARE (none other like it in this world) painting
> should be worth well above the original manufacturer's list price of $9K for the bike.
>
> This is not an ordinary Japanese cruiser folks, but a highly personalized motorcycle that
> you would soon fall head over heels in love with it.
>
> Ok folks, to own a rare, fully equipped mint condition Virago XV1100 Special, with
> all kinds of chrome goodies, I'll offer it for auction with a reserve price of $12K CDN. :-)
>
> Too high a reserve price, you say...well how can you place a value on an ORIGINAL work of
> art? Ok the 97 Virago may be worth..say $6000 at todays resale price...but that painting is
> an work of art and should be worth....<wait...,my mind is computing a "far market value> of
> ....$6,000 Canadian and not a penny less, I might add. :-)
>
> Now, all you high tech geeks out there, with loads of cash and nothing to spend it on right now,
> can start bidding at the opportunity to own something that will most likely acquire in value
> over the next 10 -20 years, especially if you are successful in the bid, acquire it, but don't ride it. :-)
>
> Rather than fork out man $$$$$$ for a old Harley that you have to spend another $$$$ fixing up
> and getting it to run right, why not buy something that was done right the first time? :-)

Art connoisseurs note that Dan will give private showings to qualified
buyers Sat, Jan 20th from to ott.motos Alps video gathering at my place.
Because of the value of the bike's gas tank, you will be blindfolded
before you cross the street to Dan's place. Oops...

Kuryliak, Dan [CAR:VG21:EXCH]

Jan 10, 2001, 1:53:50 PM1/10/01
> Art connoisseurs note that Dan will give private showings to qualified
> buyers Sat, Jan 20th from to ott.motos Alps video gathering at my place.
> Because of the value of the bike's gas tank, you will be blindfolded
> before you cross the street to Dan's place. Oops...

Oh migosh! I didn't think about the fact, that I would be leaving myself open by
disclosing the whereabouts of this "work of art". I sure am glad that the "Bros"
are not interested in scooping up the "artistic treasures from the land of the rising sun",
but instead concentrating on overinflated old technology .

Greg, you could serve as contracted guide for herding the masses of art connoisseurs,
that will soon be beating a path to my door to view, no doubt, one of the finest works of tank art,
on a cruiser that is meant to be ridden, not placed on some showroom turntable at the International
Motorcycle Supershow.

Don't forget to charge admission. I would prefer beer over these twonies , as the twonies keep devaluating into loonies. ;-)

Dan ( should I be asking for an extra turn lane on Robertson to handle the anticipated traffic) K.

BM

Jan 10, 2001, 5:56:51 PM1/10/01
Roger

You should pass the following on to Andy.

From a local Yamaha dealer, they advertise the following.

2000 Yamaha V-star 650 Custom (I know a few hundred $ less than a Classis)
Only 9440 Km. Still under factory warranty.
c/w windshield and engine guards.
Red in colour $5,700.00 - Safetied

He should use this as a guideline for pricing his VStar.

If he was a bit more realistic, he may get more
people interested in it, especially this time of year.

Good luck to him though.

Brian

<roger.c...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

roger.c...@sympatico.ca

Jan 11, 2001, 8:22:11 AM1/11/01
Thanks, all...message passed over to the person selling the bike.

Roger