design sketches of our electric car

Chris Ebbert

Jul 17, 2007, 6:17:33 PM7/17/07
to leighb...@gmail.com, otago-sust...@googlegroups.com, st...@sust.co.nz
Following my proposal, here are a few sketches to illustrate what I'm talking about.
Chris

Chris Ebbert
Academic Leader in Product Design
Otago Polytechnic
Department of Design
ph. (03) 479-6197
mobile 02102712398
home (03) 478-0904
private email ebber...@yahoo.se
Elec1.jpg
Elec2.jpg
Elec3.jpg

Leigh Blackall

Jul 17, 2007, 6:59:36 PM7/17/07
to otago-sust...@googlegroups.com
interesting Chris.. these look a little like teh Aero Bike that William sent through a while back.. perhaps you could add these sketches to the wiki along with the notes on how they work?..
Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539
skype - leigh_blackall
http://learnonline.wordpress.com

William Lucas

Jul 17, 2007, 7:04:45 PM7/17/07
to otago-sust...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris

I'm interested to know how heavy such a vehicle would be.  Is it because of the significant weight of the batteries that such robust-looking wheels are necessary?  Compared to all the velomobiles and enclosed recumbents I've seen pictures of,  the vehicle certainly has a sturdy look about it.  Does the wide rear tyre convey the  support of  two thinner wheels side by side.  In other words, would it stand upright unsupported?

William