Frames Per Second / Bytes Per Second Question

nancyh

Nov 16, 2010, 4:40:46 PM11/16/10
to ostinato
First - great program - and I'm so happy to see that it's actively
being developed. I'm especially glad to see that scripting support is
on the "to do" list as this will make it much easier to configure a
"user friendly" traffic generator.

One general question: On the statistics screen - do the "frames per
second" and "bytes per second" counters ever work (or are they TBD?).

I'm sending / receiving frames (and of course bytes), but these per
second counters just stay stuck at 0??

This is on a SUSE Linux installation with Ostinato 0.3 . I'm also
going to try this on a Windows version to see if there is any
difference.

Curious - are there restrictions on the stream configuration needed to
support the fps/bps counters? My streams are just random payload data
with a constant size of 1500.

Any thoughts welcomed and thanks again for your efforts!

-Werner

Srivats P

Nov 16, 2010, 8:59:11 PM11/16/10
to osti...@googlegroups.com, whoehe...@gmail.com
Werner,

As of now, the per second counters work only with Windows (thanks to
the WinPcap stats mode which libpcap doesn't have). Please raise an
enhancement request on the issue tracker.

Regards,
Srivats