Ostatus working in Drupal

juli

Aug 11, 2010, 10:22:43 AM8/11/10
to ostatus...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm new in this list, and I would like to say that I admire the work you
are doing.

Well, I'm working with the CMS Drupal and I would like to import/export
data using ostatus, any one knows if there is some work done? I have
been looking about and it seems that there is a module: Feeds
(http://drupal.org/project/feeds) that works with atom and pubsubhubbub
but says nothing about ostatus.

If anyone give me some info about this I'll be very grateful.

thanks in advance

Ronald Ashri

Aug 11, 2010, 10:35:19 AM8/11/10
to ostatus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juli,

there is some work in Drupal to have aspects of OStatus implements.

Alex Barth of Development Seed has a module for pubsubhubub http://drupal.org/project/push_hub - while his feeds module that you mention can be a pubsubhubub client

Walkah (http://identi.ca/walkah) is working on Salmon integration if I am not mistaken.

I wrote about and I am working on ActivityStreams integration: On Supporting Activity Streams in Drupal and hopefully we will manage to bring the various strands together at the upcoming Drupal conference in copenhagen.

I am not sure what you mean by importing/exporting data in OStatus but if what you are looking for is support for the various standards then I think the above is pretty much where it is at right now.

Best,

Ronald
---

James Walker

Aug 11, 2010, 10:40:57 AM8/11/10
to ostatus...@googlegroups.com
Hy Ronald & Juli,

Yes, I will be in Copenhagen in a few weeks to talk about bringing the
various OStatus bits to Drupal. I've spoken (some) with Alex about his
PuSH work.

I am indeed working on a salmon plugin that will be incorporated.

My current working theory is to get the underlying spec
implementations in place, then put together an ostatus "feature" that
will be installable to wire them all together.

Those interested in Drupal support specifically can contact me via
email, or in #ostatus on irc.freenode.net - or via ostatus
@ja...@status.net ;-)

Glad to hear there is some interest out there!

.j

--
James Walker :: http://walkah.net/ :: http://james.status.net/

Ronald Ashri

Aug 11, 2010, 10:52:43 AM8/11/10
to ostatus...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

looking forward to chatting at cph then - I booked a BOF slot as well - The Federated Social Web and Drupal

Hopefully will have something useful to show by the conf time.

Also would be curious to hear what people think of how work on FOAF+ssl that DamZ worked on and in general rdf/semweb tech might fit in the picture (or would it just confuse it for now...?).