Let's discuss technologies that appeal across a broad range of different user-groups

declan

Mar 31, 2011, 8:49:30 AM3/31/11
to ossdev-ireland
Okay, so recently there has been a bit of discussion on the
RubyIreland mailing list about how to discuss technologies that span
many languages - for example, MongoDB/Cassandra, git/mercurial and so
on...

Why should we silo each different group away from the discussion? The
answer is... we shouldn't! Share the fun!

So why not use the ossdev-ireland as the the place to do it. There's
nothing saying you can't have a meaty discussion here and then mail a
link to your user group if things become language specific either.

I'm kicking off this with my next post - NoSQL For Old Men -
specifically discussing interest levels in Document-Oriented
Databases. However, please kick off threads on your own area of
interest.

Ciao for now,
Declan