IITD as venue and further possibilities ( was -> need help: venue for next camp )

1 view

narendra sisodiya

Sep 12, 2008, 5:30:21 PM9/12/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com, Mayank Joshi, gajendra khanna
The content of mail is lengthy. So I found it is better to put in new thread

== Thanks  ==
+1
And Thanks for all i++

== venue ==
    LUG@IITD workshop is proposed on 25th of this sept  and OSS is 27 + 28 ,
I will try my best for "IITD as venue". Wireless is will suck again. will try our best.

    Regarding venue Please choose suitable room. I request you to immediately visit in IITD to see possible rooms. (immediate because booking has to be done, accordingly to the availability of rooms).

   We mainly organise workshop in LTs(Lecture Halls) -- in this page I documented  http://lug-iitd.org/Articles/How_To_Organise_a_LUG_workshop_at_IIT_Delhi the procedure for LUG-IITD workshops. LTs will charge around 200 Rs per day. and As per Mayank (fellow coordinator LUG@IITD) Seminar Hall will cost 2000 RS per day. We normally organise a workshop under 400 RS. [ ;) ] without sponsorship with the help of LTs. For Venue Please contact Mayank Kumar ( 09911638002 ) and meet him personally( so that you can select proper room). He will arrange the venue. Booking a room is always been a trouble for us as LUG@IITD is not a official body inside IITD on papers.

== How 2 communities will participate ? ==
   So my idea is Let it be 3 day event. first day LUG@IITD workshop will take place and last two day OSSCamp Delhi Edition.
Clubing in term of presentations/topics and volunteers may confuse or dilute individual goals and philosophy. So Lets first club in term of co-venue and look for further possibilities. osscamp's extra presentation can happen on 1st day also.

So in nutshell.
   we will get 1 day for LUG@IITD workshop and we will organise in our own way, which is very similar to Osscamp (we do allow spectator, infact 95% are such guys). volunteer will handle it out without any sponsorship. for the next 2 day, venue will be for osscamp , in these 2 days , run osscamp in your way.  even I do not need LUG@IITD name or tag also during 2 days. There will not be any disturbance also.

   Because of openness of both workshop, anybody can contribute / present in any three day.
infact I will suggest osscamp to present / contribute on first day also. 3 day long  attendance/interaction for both communities will open further possibilities for both communities.

== I have a future possibility : FOSSTalk ==

     Next I will suggest is to give a new brand name , which will join both community better. During my stay at IITD, I was planning a 3-5 days long event on FOSS and FOSS related technologies but I got job in bangalore and idea was postponed. So I will suggest to call this event as FOSSTalk or FOSSFest. My aim for this event is to setup a world class FOSS event/conference at north India. So without affecting the branding issues on individual communities , I will strongly suggestion to call this as "FOSSTalk" - or just FOSSFest  - no delhi edition and no IITD tag.

     Because of central location and brand name of IITD, organising such event is always possible. So My idea is to call this event as FOSSTalk v1.0 and this time LUG@IITD and OSSCamp are participant.

    This may setup a trend which will help us to organise a national level FOSSTalk at very big level at IITDelhi, with the help and cooperation so communities like LUG@IITD , ILUGD , OSSCamp, BarCamp, etc. If we make this event as a rocking event (media can do any thing) then this may open doors for organising/setting up "A National level OFFICIAL FOSS conference of IIT Delhi , semi-funded by IITDelhi and sponsors". such conference and FOSS body in govt premier institute can make a direct influence in national policies and activities related to FOSS.

    We can further plan during our meet. But in my view "If we look for the inner goal to learn, share and spread then setting up FOSSTalk will make a good platform for FOSS activities in north India"

    But for this time just we can call this event as "FOSSTalk will be held at IITD. LUG@IITD and OSSCamp will participate. Anyone can participate/join any day. No one is administrating or controlling the FOSSTalk. No one is sponsoring also. FOSSTalk v1.0 will a IITD hosted fest, to look/explore for the possibilities for  settingup/plan better cooperation among all FOSS users/lover and FOSS related communities to promote FOSS activities in north India specially for NCR"

Regards
PS: if you are having any confusion in my bad English please clarify.
--
┌───[ Narendra Sisodiya ]──────────────┐
│ │

Kinshuk Sunil

Sep 13, 2008, 3:53:56 AM9/13/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
my 2 cents can be found inline...
also snipped some content...

    Regarding venue Please choose suitable room. I request you to immediately visit in IITD to see possible rooms. (immediate because booking has to be done, accordingly to the availability of rooms).

I will co-ordinate with Mayank

   So my idea is Let it be 3 day event. first day LUG@IITD workshop will take place and last two day OSSCamp Delhi Edition.
Clubing in term of presentations/topics and volunteers may confuse or dilute individual goals and philosophy. So Lets first club in term of co-venue and look for further possibilities. osscamp's extra presentation can happen on 1st day also.

I noticed the workshop is planned for 2.30 to 6.30... In my opnion instead of creating a 3-day event, all schedules can be fixed within 2 days... managing everything within a weekend wud encourage ppl to participate. we can work out how to avoid confusions...

So in nutshell.
   we will get 1 day for LUG@IITD workshop and we will organise in our own way, which is very similar to Osscamp (we do allow spectator, infact 95% are such guys). volunteer will handle it out without any sponsorship. for the next 2 day, venue will be for osscamp , in these 2 days , run osscamp in your way.  even I do not need LUG@IITD name or tag also during 2 days. There will not be any disturbance also.

we do our best to convert spectators into participants :P

== I have a future possibility : FOSSTalk ==

     Next I will suggest is to give a new brand name , which will join both community better. During my stay at IITD, I was planning a 3-5 days long event on FOSS and FOSS related technologies but I got job in bangalore and idea was postponed. So I will suggest to call this event as FOSSTalk or FOSSFest. My aim for this event is to setup a world class FOSS event/conference at north India. So without affecting the branding issues on individual communities , I will strongly suggestion to call this as "FOSSTalk" - or just FOSSFest  - no delhi edition and no IITD tag.

my suggestion for a name would be Unmukt (has no relation with mukt.in :P ) and we can run an open house session at the event to discuss this.

    This may setup a trend which will help us to organise a national level FOSSTalk at very big level at IITDelhi, with the help and cooperation so communities like LUG@IITD , ILUGD , OSSCamp, BarCamp, etc. If we make this event as a rocking event (media can do any thing) then this may open doors for organising/setting up "A National level OFFICIAL FOSS conference of IIT Delhi , semi-funded by IITDelhi and sponsors". such conference and FOSS body in govt premier institute can make a direct influence in national policies and activities related to FOSS.

confluence of communities wud be a powerful idea, but somethign that needs thorough implementation.

    We can further plan during our meet. But in my view "If we look for the inner goal to learn, share and spread then setting up FOSSTalk will make a good platform for FOSS activities in north India"

as my friend the kitty says: may the FOSS be with you! :

    But for this time just we can call this event as "FOSSTalk will be held at IITD. LUG@IITD and OSSCamp will participate. Anyone can participate/join any day. No one is administrating or controlling the FOSSTalk. No one is sponsoring also. FOSSTalk v1.0 will a IITD hosted fest, to look/explore for the possibilities for  settingup/plan better cooperation among all FOSS users/lover and FOSS related communities to promote FOSS activities in north India specially for NCR"

We are in talks with few sponsors... in that case renaming the event at such short notice might be detrimental

--
People Oriented Tech Junkie, Gaming Enthusiast
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kinshuksunil

Rahul Dewan

Sep 13, 2008, 5:24:10 AM9/13/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
We are in talks with few sponsors...

What are the sponsorhip options?

--
Web: www.srijan.in
Blog: http://blogs.srijan.in

Kinshuk Sunil

Sep 13, 2008, 6:38:09 AM9/13/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
sponsoring options: http://osscamp.in/sponsoring-osscamp

regards
Kinshuk

narendra sisodiya

Sep 13, 2008, 9:49:30 AM9/13/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
Ya you can name it unmukt also. But FOSSTalk is more appealing.
Regarding the workshop of 3 day to 2 day, nice idea.
I am in Bangalore and will be here for next 2-3 week . Mayank/Gajendra  will coordinate this one so all implementation aspect you have to talk directly to Mayank. Only think we need to merge the talk accordingly,, I will join you on workshop day itself. At the end of second day , we will make a brain strom discussion to organise FOSS-fest at big level. I will "try" invite ILUGD member and other LUG to brainstrom the further possibilities and hurdle. Making a IIT D as FOSS activity center will be much benificial.

Pratul Kalia

Sep 13, 2008, 2:18:02 PM9/13/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
Here's the gist of what's possibly the final word on this:
1. OSScamp can happen at IITD everytime, provided the LUG there is as
interested and is able to provide the facility everytime.
2. IITD can operate its LUG like its been doing, but whenever there is
an OSScamp, the same talks can be presented at the camp. Otherwise,
the LUG can meet and discuss like it does. So the talks that were
going to be given at the LUG meet can be OSScamp talks now, which will
target a much larger audience.
3. A 2-day event will be more than enough I presume, considering the
number of talks we get. Later events can be larger as per need.
4. The need of changing the name (which has been discussed earlier as
well) is not there. OSScamp is a sufficiently popular brand in itself
now. Addition of the IITD brand to the event will only enhance the
value further.

I hope I made it all clear. If not, please clarify.

cheers
pratul

--
I check email only twice a day, please use IM if urgent.
lut4rp = malloc(sizeof(pratul))

narendra sisodiya

Sep 13, 2008, 3:47:13 PM9/13/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
You are not getting what I told in my mail.

There are ways, where you can make IITD as venue, independent to  LUG@IITD also. We are not yet official body to IITD activities.

2. IITD can operate its LUG like its been doing, but whenever there is
an OSScamp, the same talks can be presented at the camp. Otherwise,
the LUG can meet and discuss like it does. So the talks that were
going to be given at the LUG meet can be OSScamp talks now, which will
target a much larger audience.
3. A 2-day event will be more than enough I presume, considering the
number of talks we get. Later events can be larger as per need.
4. The need of changing the name (which has been discussed earlier as
well) is not there. OSScamp is a sufficiently popular brand in itself
now. Addition of the IITD brand to the event will only enhance the
value further.
I am not taking about changing name,,, do a favour on me and read my mail again with having a coffee in right hand.

    But if both want to present within 2 days, then what will you call it, a LUG@IITD workshop or Osscamp workshop ??? that is why i was saying just put a line like  " foss-fest at IITDelhi ,co organised by LUG@IITD and OSSCamp". or "We are participating in foss-fest".
Writing such line will not affect your brand name . It will not also affect your sponsors also, I not saying to put a LUG@IITD's logo and do anything. Only thing i wanted to say, giving a unique name will open door for us (both LUG@IITD and Osscamp) to organise big level fest at IITDelhi, We can work out a model in which this thing can be take place at IITDelhi at hugeg level.
    In nutshell, you can do any task under osscamp and organise any number of workshop around the year, but by this way We ( LUG@IITD, osscamp, ilugd etc) will try to organise mega level fest and will call it as foss-fest. I am not defining any model here. I am telling you purpose. We can discuss various aspects during our meet.

Please response who are okey with this ....(silence done not mean yes or no)

If you all are still not okey with the idea, then no problem. lets delete fossfest idea for a while.
First confirm for your venue at your date dates. We will discuss all this on the day itself.
Please write down it a schedule for discussion in your list of current talk --
Talk  :  "Possibilities for foss at Delhi"
Details :  "Discussion on the possibilities for big FOSS fest at IIT Delhi + How we can promote foss activities in India with various aspect + what we expect from foss and what foss expect from us + How to make protocol for co-operation among various communities"
Time : 1.30 Hours

There is no need to discuss it right now,, we will discuss it on stage.

I hope I made it all clear. If not, please clarify.

cheers
pratul

Kinshuk Sunil

Sep 13, 2008, 9:16:08 PM9/13/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
What we will do is organise an:
"Open Source Unconference at IIT-D brought to the the Delhi Open Source community by LUG@IITD and OSScamp Delhi on 27th and 28th September 2008. Day one of the event includes the LUG@IITD workshop and some introductory talks by OSScamp Delhi and Day Two is the delhi's most loved unconference."

As far as the new event is concerned, its a NEW event - a MEGA event: FOSSTalk/Fest or Unmukt or Whatever name the community decides. It is not rebranding OSScamp nor LUG@IITD. but will be co-organised by these two and any other community that decides to chip in. It can be an annual mega unconference for North India with around 500-1000 people attending (just random numbers to sell the idea)

I hope this is along the same spirit as Narendra suggested.
Please comment.

narendra sisodiya

Sep 13, 2008, 10:20:28 PM9/13/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
2008/9/14 Kinshuk Sunil <kinshu...@gmail.com>

What we will do is organise an:
"Open Source Unconference at IIT-D brought to the the Delhi Open Source community by LUG@IITD and OSScamp Delhi on 27th and 28th September 2008. Day one of the event includes the LUG@IITD workshop and some introductory talks by OSScamp Delhi and Day Two is the delhi's most loved unconference."

As far as the new event is concerned, its a NEW event - a MEGA event: FOSSTalk/Fest or Unmukt or Whatever name the community decides. It is not rebranding OSScamp nor LUG@IITD. but will be co-organised by these two and any other community that decides to chip in. It can be an annual mega unconference for North India with around 500-1000 people attending (just random numbers to sell the idea)

I hope this is along the same spirit as Narendra suggested.
Please comment.

Ya, now it is totally on the track, and along spirit.
Have you talked to Mayank regarding venue and have to decided what room we need now,

Kinshuk Sunil

Sep 13, 2008, 11:12:22 PM9/13/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
no.. i needed to catch some much needed sleep ;)
will be talking to him now.
i hope it isnt much late.

Kinshuk Sunil

Sep 14, 2008, 1:47:56 AM9/14/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying to reach Mayank since morning but I guess Mobile Service isnt properly up yet.
I either get a no response or a not reachable error.
So, in the meanhwile, lets fix our requirements.

In my opinion, we need:
  1. Seating capacity: approx 60
  2. Internet Backbone (we can set our own wi-fi): at least 256Kbps
  3. Power Points to support at least 20 Laptops
  4. feasibility of setting up sponsor banners
  5. possibility of making udham :D
  6. Catering (internal catering or the feasibility of bringing an external caterer)
Please comment

gajendra khanna

Sep 14, 2008, 3:05:51 AM9/14/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kinshuk
Comments inline
2008/9/14 Kinshuk Sunil <kinshu...@gmail.com>:

> I have been trying to reach Mayank since morning but I guess Mobile Service
> isnt properly up yet.
> I either get a no response or a not reachable error.
Ring is going now. Try again.

> So, in the meanhwile, lets fix our requirements.
>
> In my opinion, we need:
>
> Seating capacity: approx 60
That shouldn't be an issue. We'll probably get a much bigger one.

> Internet Backbone (we can set our own wi-fi): at least 256Kbps
Big issue here. wi fi doesn't work in most lecture theatres.
ethernet lines also not through. What exactly do you need this connectivity for?
Library has good connectivity but thats not an option available. (only
students are
permitted inside).

> Power Points to support at least 20 Laptops
There are only 1 or 2 power points. Extenders shall be needed.

> feasibility of setting up sponsor banners
Where do you want to put sponsor banners exactly?

> possibility of making udham :D
If nobody around objects it is possible.

> Catering (internal catering or the feasibility of bringing an external
> caterer)
What sort of catering do you want? If you want a no-fuss non-messy
option we have an internal cafe called sip and bite from whom you can
get packed veg thalis at a rate of Rs 45-50. There is another slightly
more expensive Rainbows just outside the main gate in SDA market who
can provide that. (I am not sure but maybe around 70 per head). Sip
and bite is not open on some sundays but rainbows is.

> Please comment

Regards
Gajendra
P.S. I am also a humble member of LUG@IITD in case you are confused who's this?

Pratul Kalia

Sep 14, 2008, 3:28:36 AM9/14/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gajendra

- Wifi is needed as people give online demos many a times, some people
live blog, we might have video streaming as well. Try your best
please.
- Food, is Kinshuk's department, he shall answer that. :)
- Will the power strips be provided by you?

gajendra khanna

Sep 14, 2008, 4:24:27 AM9/14/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
Hi pratul

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Pratul Kalia <pratu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gajendra
>
> - Wifi is needed as people give online demos many a times, some people
> live blog, we might have video streaming as well. Try your best
> please.

I discussed this issue with mayank. One of the newer lecture theatres
maybe connected properly. We will check it tomorrow and get back on
this.

> - Food, is Kinshuk's department, he shall answer that. :)

ok

> - Will the power strips be provided by you?

I can only promise my personal extender (3-4 extension points on it).
Maybe we can request members to bring along their own extenders along.
Regards
Gajendra

gajendra khanna

Sep 14, 2008, 4:55:19 AM9/14/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
Hi pratul

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Pratul Kalia <pratu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gajendra
>
> - Wifi is needed as people give online demos many a times, some people
> live blog, we might have video streaming as well. Try your best
> please.

I discussed this issue with mayank. One of the newer lecture theatres

maybe connected properly. We will check it tomorrow and get back on
this.

> - Food, is Kinshuk's department, he shall answer that. :)
ok

> - Will the power strips be provided by you?

Kinshuk Sunil

Sep 15, 2008, 2:45:19 AM9/15/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
had a talk with mayank. he will update by tomorrow noon on the specifics.

regarding catering: if the quality of food is good at Sip and Bite it would be the best option otherwise Rainbows to hai hi.
What my concern is: will the people need to move to SnB or the food can be brought to the venue. In the first case, how far is SnB from the Venue.

in light of recent events, wud IITD require some security assurances? any guidelines that need to be followed?

regards
kinshuk

gajendra khanna

Sep 15, 2008, 3:06:12 AM9/15/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 6:45 AM, Kinshuk Sunil <kinshu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> had a talk with mayank. he will update by tomorrow noon on the specifics.
>
> regarding catering: if the quality of food is good at Sip and Bite it would
> be the best option otherwise Rainbows to hai hi.
> What my concern is: will the people need to move to SnB or the food can be
> brought to the venue. In the first case, how far is SnB from the Venue.
Somebody can go and collect it from SnB. Its within campus only.
Hardly a 5 minutes walk from the likely venue.
Only we'll need to ensure we don't litter the venue at all and place
all waste material in dustbins placed around.

> in light of recent events, wud IITD require some security assurances? any
> guidelines that need to be followed?
I don't think any special guidelines are in place. As usual, if you
are coming by vehicle please note that entry is through Main Gate
ONLY. On entering don't come in speed. Come slowly. Take a vehicle
pass from the security person and keep it with you till return. (If he
asks where you are going you can tell appropriately). Do not lose the
vehicle pass else you will be fined. You can exit through the hostel
gate also. Be sure to return the card. (else you maybe traced through
your vehicle no and summoned). Do not speed at all during entry and
exit. Maintain normal speeds. Carry your ID proof + driving license in
case they need to see.

> regards
> kinshuk
Regards
Gajendra

Kinshuk Sunil

Sep 15, 2008, 3:56:13 AM9/15/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
@gajendra:
since we are doing both the unconferences together, it wud be a nice idea for the LUG@IITD ppl to register their talks at OSScamp site too... would give the communoty a better idea of whats coming. i will also get the LUG@IITD info added at the delhi unconference section by today evening.

also, I am working towards getting a Freedom Toaster at the camp. Anoop tells me its quite a short notice. So dunno if we wud be able to get one this camp. Just testing the idea... wht does the community think?

Kinshuk

narendra sisodiya

Sep 15, 2008, 4:18:26 AM9/15/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 2:25 PM, gajendra khanna <gajendr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi pratul

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Pratul Kalia <pratu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gajendra
>
> - Wifi is needed as people give online demos many a times, some people
> live blog, we might have video streaming as well. Try your best
> please.

I discussed this issue with mayank. One of the newer lecture theatres
maybe connected properly. We will check it tomorrow and get back on
this.
I do not know "how to setup wifi" but is it possible to setup our own wifi network for 2 days..
I do not have idea about "cost" , "effort" , "administartion" !!!

Kinshuk Sunil

Sep 15, 2008, 4:21:21 AM9/15/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
yes, we will set up our own wi-fi.. we've been doing it at previous camps too...

and a note to the community: dont forget to carry your laptops and wifi-ready devices to exploit the venue facilities to their best (remember the commandments and follow them completely: http://osscamp.in/ten-commandments)

narendra sisodiya

Sep 15, 2008, 6:00:34 PM9/15/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
@Gajendra/Mayank/Kinshuk

recently , I have attended barcamp bangalore 7 , and got good point which can be added this unconferences .

*1* Do not make a schedule for presentation. make a registration counter at WindT. Where just put a big white sheet ( like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/hnprashanth/2856004600/ ) , just make a 2-D table of room - vs- time slot , and any one who want to present or discuss will put his name  with presentation on it.
    All presenter are requested to submit 50 word summery of of talk to me(or  a common page on LUG@IITD wiki ) in advance. I will make sure that you will find a printed page near registration where all can read and select the talk/discussions.

*2* There is enough space outside rooms -- We can have "Open Air Demos" with laptops, I do not think we need to have permission for having a talk by gathering over WindT or near cafeteria.
themes can be --
Show me how it works -- Latex, Installation on gentoo etc
Show me how you code -- C++, Java etc
     two idle places - WindT , nescafe near library !!

*3* Make first session as "Introduction to unconferences + small details on talk"
*4* Put a notice that "you can walked out, from presentation if you want"
*5* I will try to prepare(with correct grammar) a HowTo with minimum words so that anyone who is new to camps can understand the philosophy and contribute accordingly. We will paste its zoomed copy near registration counter. (useful for those who are new and unable to attend introduction session)
*6* Have a "feedback session" as last session where we can discuss about improvements. and next camps
*7* have some stickers  so we can paste on out T-Shirts,, Like "I am -----" etc
*8* I am expecting a crowd around 150+ So having two LTs room will be beneficial.
*9*  Please fix by some important parameters like timings, etc and make a start up poster, heading as "Open Source Unconferences @ IIT"
with 3 paragraphs
1) What is this event , and Venue , logos etc
2) paste the title of current presentations
3) Join us for attend / present
and try to paste out around the other Delhi college
*10* Also make sure, representation for other communities will be there atleast for the last talk -- "having mega foss fest a IIT and protocols for co-operation between foss communities"

              I have talked to "Mayank". He is saying there is no hurdle. only thing he want "kinshuk" to come at iitd and select rooms. If you finalise venue atleast then I can talk to other communities to have representation for the last talk "mega fest".
*11* maintain a "found/lost" counter -- no volunteer - just a table with word "lost and found"
*12* Somebody should volunteer for "photos"
*13* It would be nice , if we have press article on us after camp

Regards

Kinshuk Sunil

Sep 15, 2008, 10:03:10 PM9/15/08
to osscam...@googlegroups.com
comments inline

2008/9/16 narendra sisodiya <narendra...@gmail.com>

@Gajendra/Mayank/Kinshuk

recently , I have attended barcamp bangalore 7 , and got good point which can be added this unconferences .

*1* Do not make a schedule for presentation. make a registration counter at WindT. Where just put a big white sheet ( like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/hnprashanth/2856004600/ ) , just make a 2-D table of room - vs- time slot , and any one who want to present or discuss will put his name  with presentation on it.
    All presenter are requested to submit 50 word summery of of talk to me(or  a common page on LUG@IITD wiki ) in advance. I will make sure that you will find a printed page near registration where all can read and select the talk/discussions.

that is somethign we are already doing... we dont have a whiteboard on teh venue but we discuss talks in an open house sort fo way and then schedule them.

*2* There is enough space outside rooms -- We can have "Open Air Demos" with laptops, I do not think we need to have permission for having a talk by gathering over WindT or near cafeteria.
themes can be --
Show me how it works -- Latex, Installation on gentoo etc
Show me how you code -- C++, Java etc
     two idle places - WindT , nescafe near library !!

+1

*3* Make first session as "Introduction to unconferences + small details on talk"

Obviously :P

*4* Put a notice that "you can walked out, from presentation if you want"

thats the point of unconferences... no compulsion to attend every session

*5* I will try to prepare(with correct grammar) a HowTo with minimum words so that anyone who is new to camps can understand the philosophy and contribute accordingly. We will paste its zoomed copy near registration counter. (useful for those who are new and unable to attend introduction session)

I am doing something on the same lines.. I have a talk "Understanding Unconferences" :)

*6* Have a "feedback session" as last session where we can discuss about improvements. and next camps

+1

*7* have some stickers  so we can paste on out T-Shirts,, Like "I am -----" etc

We generally have something of the sort

*8* I am expecting a crowd around 150+ So having two LTs room will be beneficial.

considering current registrations(of 64) expected numbers should be (safely) 30.. if you (anyone) know people who are certainly going to attend the camp but havent registered at the website, ask them to do so.. registerations help the organisers plan out the logistics better.

*9*  Please fix by some important parameters like timings, etc and make a start up poster, heading as "Open Source Unconferences @ IIT"
with 3 paragraphs
1) What is this event , and Venue , logos etc
2) paste the title of current presentations
3) Join us for attend / present
and try to paste out around the other Delhi college

I am already working on it. Will hopefully submit some draft posters for Community Intervention today.

*10* Also make sure, representation for other communities will be there atleast for the last talk -- "having mega foss fest a IIT and protocols for co-operation between foss communities"

how to ensure that? we can only notify other communities... which we are doing

              I have talked to "Mayank". He is saying there is no hurdle. only thing he want "kinshuk" to come at iitd and select rooms. If you finalise venue atleast then I can talk to other communities to have representation for the last talk "mega fest".

he was to update me by today noon./.. i'll discuss it with him and if need be visit IIT-D today itself.

*11* maintain a "found/lost" counter -- no volunteer - just a table with word "lost and found"

+1

*12* Somebody should volunteer for "photos"

everyone is a volunteer for photos and videos :)

*13* It would be nice , if we have press article on us after camp

LFY has agreed to do some.. it would be wonderful to have member blogs and other media pick up the onus too...