Revamping OSDC.my Website

Harisfazillah Jamel

Jun 24, 2009, 10:33:04 PM6/24/09
to public osdc.my
Assalamualaikum and Salam Sejahtera

Meeting last night AJK and supported by members that attending the
meeting decided to revamp the website.

http://www.osdc.my/

Our website should contain information about our OSDC.my and

we need to make our website interactive and have the function that
suitable for developers to visit and
use it to discuss and share their projects and getting support from
the community.

Suggestion like Forum, Wiki, Mailing List and more but we want to know
view and suggestion from
the others.

Open to discussion.

Thank you.

aziman noor

Jun 24, 2009, 11:17:12 PM6/24/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
Saya fikir pun begitu jugak.
Forum untuk perbincangan tertutup antara developer penting, dan juga 2-3 topik khas utk feedback pengunjung.

Senang cerita kena buat ala-ala sourceforge la cemgitu.

Saper rasa nak buat projek bagus dan gunakan subdomain OSDC.my, kena submit kertas kerja online untuk approval dari Circle 7 bahagian penjaga Developers. Untuk approval pun kena tetapkan kriteria satu-satu projek tersebut.

Tapi disebabkan forum dan mailing-list nih fungsi dia hampir sama, untuk berbincang, jadi kena la letakkan fungsi yang spesifik.
--
Contender Asia Season II @Malaysia
http://muaythaitigers.blogspot.com/

Osysnet Sdn Bhd
http://www.osysnet.com.my

Izhar Firdaus

Jun 24, 2009, 11:28:15 PM6/24/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
static/blog main site (for news) + wiki + google groups MailingList
... thats the bare minimum (which i doubt people will actually use
them fully - except for the ML) .. anything else, are extras, add only
when really needed and knowing that people will actually use it ...
--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru  天野晃 「あまの ひかる」

Ahmad Amran Kapi

Jun 24, 2009, 11:44:20 PM6/24/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
Salam / Good Day,
Yang penting ada lantik webmaster yang boleh maintain sendiri semua
apps tu. Kalau ada orang sponsor pun, still kena ada orang dalam
osdc.my yang tau macam mana nak manage semua.

Ahmad Amran Kapi
Art In Software Sdn Bhd
Suite 2.5 Inkubator K-Ekonomi
75450 Ayer Keroh
Melaka.
06-2322464 / 013-6102545
http://www.aist.com.my

OMAR ALI ABDUL RAHIM

Jun 25, 2009, 12:11:28 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
good idea ...
> Forest Research Institute Malaysia
> 52109 Kepong, Selangor, Malaysia
> Hotline : +603-62797000
> .

Forest Research Institute Malaysia
52109 Kepong, Selangor, Malaysia
Hotline : +603-62797000

Ang Chin Han

Jun 25, 2009, 1:24:19 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:17 AM, aziman noor<azi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Saper rasa nak buat projek bagus dan gunakan subdomain OSDC.my, kena submit
> kertas kerja online untuk approval dari Circle 7 bahagian penjaga
> Developers. Untuk approval pun kena tetapkan kriteria satu-satu projek
> tersebut.

Siapa tu Circle 7?

Izhar Firdaus

Jun 25, 2009, 1:28:21 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
2009/6/25 Ang Chin Han <ang.ch...@gmail.com>:
some fancy term they invent to represent the 7 people needed to
register the organization ..

some sort of 'high committee'

Harisfazillah Jamel

Jun 25, 2009, 1:32:53 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Izhar Firdaus<kagese...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/6/25 Ang Chin Han <ang.ch...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:17 AM, aziman noor<azi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Saper rasa nak buat projek bagus dan gunakan subdomain OSDC.my, kena submit
>>> kertas kerja online untuk approval dari Circle 7 bahagian penjaga
>>> Developers. Untuk approval pun kena tetapkan kriteria satu-satu projek
>>> tersebut.
>>
>> Siapa tu Circle 7?
>
> some fancy term they invent to represent the 7 people needed to
> register the organization ..
>
> some sort of 'high committee'

Sudah tukar.. hehehe Circle of 8....

What we called for AJK penaja for OSDC.my .... Fasal 9 Perlembagaan...

Colin Charles

Jun 25, 2009, 1:59:47 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Harisfazillah Jamel wrote:
> Assalamualaikum and Salam Sejahtera
>
> Meeting last night AJK and supported by members that attending the
> meeting decided to revamp the website.
>
> http://www.osdc.my/

What, no more social network? I was just growing to like it

> Our website should contain information about our OSDC.my and
>
> we need to make our website interactive and have the function that
> suitable for developers to visit and
> use it to discuss and share their projects and getting support from
> the community.

Developers feel at home on mailing lists and IRC. Its _users_ who feel
the need that they need to have forums

Sharing their projects. How will this be different from Freshmeat or
Sourceforge? If the sole aim is to be a "Malaysian forge", would a list
alone not be enough, on a page, rather than having it be something that
will not be very populated?

Code can be hosted on the numerous services available - sourceforge,
google code, github, etc. You just need pointers (links).

If you think there is a capability to grow, you're after a "list",
similar to what we have here:
http://forge.mysql.com/projects/project.php?id=341

But again, I don't see that as having much traction, per se

Support from community - why not get it via the mailing list?

> Suggestion like Forum, Wiki, Mailing List and more but we want to know
> view and suggestion from
> the others.

So, the mailing list already exists. A social network exists.

Why not extend the social network to include "projects" the person is
involved in?

What will be the purpose of a wiki? Who will maintain the wiki software
(mediawiki is notorious to having software holes and needs updates quite
constantly).

Besides, project hosting sites, like google code, kenai, et al all offer
wikis

HTH
-c

--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi

Harisfazillah Jamel

Jun 25, 2009, 2:05:03 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
Me too like Social Network things. OK let see more view from others....

Ang Chin Han

Jun 25, 2009, 2:07:44 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Harisfazillah
Jamel<linuxm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Me too like Social Network things. OK let see more view from others....

>> What, no more social network? I was just growing to like it

Um, Haris, I don't think it Colin meant that he that likes the social
networking features...

Colin Charles

Jun 25, 2009, 2:12:23 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

And just to reiterate, when I suggested a list, it should be something like:
http://web.archive.org/web/20071109153316/http://www.iosn.net/country/malaysia/malaysian_foss_contributors

(sorry, apparently iosn.net is b0rked, but archive.org still rocks)

Project lists are all you need. And I doubt you need a wiki for that. It
can be tied to a profile, and built up upon the social network itself

-c

Harisfazillah Jamel wrote:
> Me too like Social Network things. OK let see more view from others....

Izhar Firdaus

Jun 25, 2009, 2:12:47 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Colin Charles <by...@bytebot.net> wrote:

jotting stuff that requires frequent modification .. such as during
event planning .. etc .. you got the idea right ? ..

> Besides, project hosting sites, like google code, kenai, et al all offer
> wikis
>
>        HTH
>        -c
>
> --
> Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/
> "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,
> then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi

Colin Charles

Jun 25, 2009, 2:19:44 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
On 25/6/09 Izhar Firdaus wrote:
> > What will be the purpose of a wiki? Who will maintain the wiki
> software
> > > (mediawiki is notorious to having software holes and needs
> updates quite
> > > constantly).
>
> jotting stuff that requires frequent modification .. such as during
> event planning .. etc .. you got the idea right ? ..

outsource - pbworks.com works just fine for event planning if you require it

of course if someone is happy to run a wiki, and not let it get rooted,
go for it. i just don't believe it will be very populated. besides, wrt
event planning, don't you reckon you'd not want it to be too out in the
open, and just a little more "private"?

Izhar Firdaus

Jun 25, 2009, 2:29:52 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Colin Charles<by...@bytebot.net> wrote:

> On 25/6/09 Izhar Firdaus wrote:
>> > What will be the purpose of a wiki? Who will maintain the wiki
>> software
>> updates quite
>>
>> jotting stuff that requires frequent modification .. such as during
>> event planning .. etc .. you got the idea right ? ..
>
> outsource - pbworks.com works just fine for event planning if you require it
>
> of course if someone is happy to run a wiki, and not let it get rooted,
> go for it. i just don't believe it will be very populated. besides, wrt
> event planning, don't you reckon you'd not want it to be too out in the
> open, and just a little more "private"?

haha .. not sure what the reason to make it private (unless it really
involves private/security matters) .. i would make it open for people
with account to edit - of course, tag it as draft if its a draft ..
but well .. if the rest are thinking of implementing stuff in other
ways .. cant say much ..

right now, imo, the current site is overly complex with many features
which imo, not needed ..

currently having the same grudge with fedora.foss.org.my .. want to
kill that site and revamp it to be simpler .. looking around for
simple non-php CMS .. plone is too much for such purpose ..

> --
> Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/
> "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,
> then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi

Message has been deleted

Mohd Hidzuan

Jun 25, 2009, 3:07:01 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
Saya sebulat suara menyokong hujah sang nasrul... (untuk ambassadorless punyer komuniti ada tak .. mau join ada boleh kaa.. aktiviti dia makan2 muahahahaha)

2009/6/25 Nasrul Amri Samsudin <nasru...@gmail.com>
Dear Mr. Kage or other people who on his side,
if nak semua open, buat persatuan sendiri la sng.

OSDC are register society/club/association. we pay for membership fee. we can't simply give access of information to unpaid user unless few things that we want to.

you can't compare your FEDORA even if you FEDORA AMBASSADOR or what. (I don't give a damm too to any AMBASSADOR you are or others are. either you now wearing your FEDORA HAT AMBASSADOR or LOCAL GEEK BOY HAT). we are NOT INTERNET SOCIETY. free to join, free to kutuk-kutuk, free to pumpang dlm group org, porak poranda group orang lain.
this is registered CLUB.

if nak try, pergi la ckp kat mana2 parti politik (you don't pay for their membership) and try to email them say all the bullshit to them and see their reaction. and you can't even access their information too. unless they publish on their website. because they are ASSOCIATION by LAW.

and please respect OSDC.my PRESIDENT and watch your words before you type any words on Facebook or what regarding our PERLEMBAGAAN PERSATUAN or what they responsbility are. we are not making a joke on OSDC.my.
If you want to make a joke, please join any joker society (opss..) joker.my website.

Thanks,

Nasrul
Not An Ambassador of Any Society

--
To follow the path, look to the master,
follow the master, walk with the master,

Selasih Net Enterprise
"we never sleep, we just park our head"

Syamsul Anuar

Jun 25, 2009, 3:13:42 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
Whoah this is getting overheated. I don't think kage mean any harm or opening up the organization or anythg. Its just that the best way for open source association is to open up n share. And yes they are things that shld be kept in private, but for activities etc imho, wiki is the best way to get everyone involve.

On the other end, although we are society just like umno etc, we are not here to politics. We are here to be the guardian of foss and fostering the movement in malaysia.

Just my 2 cents. And I also thinks all opinion counts to make us a better association/society.

Regards,
-wariola-

Sent via BlackBerry from Maxis

aziman noor

Jun 25, 2009, 3:16:19 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
Aku baru nak karang ayat cam Nasrul, tapi susah betul nak buat ayat berlapik nih. Last-last aku fed-up, susah jugak, aku hampir tak faham.

+1

aku no komen.

2009/6/25 Mohd Hidzuan <hid...@gmail.com>
Message has been deleted

aziman noor

Jun 25, 2009, 3:26:28 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
That's why I waiting Kage can seat during meeting. It's the best thing to discuss.
Kalo hanya ikut mailing-list, kekadang pemahaman berbeza, kalo dalam meeting.. tak paham boleh angkat tangan... tanya. So takde kes "mis-understand".

Thanks.
-aN-

2009/6/25 Nasrul Amri Samsudin <nasru...@gmail.com>
Example: NEF is not for politic. but do you think you can access all their information?
We don't have to be the guardian of FOSS since there are FOSS.my. xbaik la nak potong rezeki org. (sniri paham lah...)

Ahmad Arafat Abdullah

Jun 25, 2009, 4:09:00 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
Agree..

Almost semua perkara ada P&C masing2.. harap dapat hormati..
boleh publish mende2 tertentu saja, kalau publish semua, kita pun agaknya takyah pakai kain baju dah, semua pakat exposed, pasal nuthing to hide.. semua "published"..

tapi published for what? for some people punya satisfaction? or game?

agak2 depa publish ke mende2 berkaitan dengan interest dan lain2? i dun think so.. depa kan shout as much as they want, tapi since mende ni ada peraturannya, let them be, we no need to satisfy some bunch of people and killing ourself..

gue belum bukak mulut bebetul lg beb :)

simpan dulu... :)

[...]

# uname -a
NetBSD  5.0 NetBSD 5.0 (GENERIC) #0: Sun Apr 26 18:50:08 UTC 2009  bui...@b6.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/i386/200904260229Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC i386

Izhar Firdaus

Jun 25, 2009, 4:36:59 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
2009/6/25 Nasrul Amri Samsudin <nasru...@gmail.com>

> Dear Mr. Kage or other people who on his side,
> if nak semua open, buat persatuan sendiri la sng.
>
> OSDC are register society/club/association. we pay for membership fee. we can't simply give access of information to unpaid user unless few things that we want to.
>
> you can't compare your FEDORA even if you FEDORA AMBASSADOR or what. (I don't give a damm too to any AMBASSADOR you are or others are. either you now wearing your FEDORA HAT AMBASSADOR or LOCAL GEEK BOY HAT). we are NOT INTERNET SOCIETY. free to join, free to kutuk-kutuk, free to pumpang dlm group org, porak poranda group orang lain.
> this is registered CLUB.

those hat wearing is simply to state which side i am when stating
certain stuff ... when i say i'm in fedora hat, means i'm talking in a
way that biased to that side .. local geekboy hat - i'm talking on
another one side - which is a personal view .. i have several other
hat which i use when i be in a bias toward that particular group ..

> if nak try, pergi la ckp kat mana2 parti politik (you don't pay for their membership) and try to email them say all the bullshit to them and see their reaction. and you can't even access their information too. unless they publish on their website. because they are ASSOCIATION by LAW.
>
> and please respect OSDC.my PRESIDENT and watch your words before you type any words on Facebook or what regarding our PERLEMBAGAAN PERSATUAN or what they responsbility are. we are not making a joke on OSDC.my.
> If you want to make a joke, please join any joker society (opss..) joker.my website.

haha .. if you are going for a closed organization .. i cant say much
too .. i'm just a joker who drop by and see whether i can keep y'all
to be an open organization, rather than a closed organization ...
coz i'm particularly know .. i have no agenda to make any money .. and
i want for stuff to be open ..

in that facebook .. am i making a joke about osdc.my? .. i'm mainly
making a joke on the organization law in general .. which i see it
basically explains why political parties only work for their own
members but not the rakyat ... coz they so-called Law says so .. haha
..

> Thanks,
>
> Nasrul
> Not An Ambassador of Any Society

Izhar Firdaus

Jun 25, 2009, 4:42:57 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Izhar Firdaus <kagese...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/6/25 Nasrul Amri Samsudin <nasru...@gmail.com>
> >
> > Dear Mr. Kage or other people who on his side,
> > if nak semua open, buat persatuan sendiri la sng.
> >
> > OSDC are register society/club/association. we pay for membership fee. we can't simply give access of information to unpaid user unless few things that we want to.
> >
> > you can't compare your FEDORA even if you FEDORA AMBASSADOR or what. (I don't give a damm too to any AMBASSADOR you are or others are. either you now wearing your FEDORA HAT AMBASSADOR or LOCAL GEEK BOY HAT). we are NOT INTERNET SOCIETY. free to join, free to kutuk-kutuk, free to pumpang dlm group org, porak poranda group orang lain.
> > this is registered CLUB.
>
> those hat wearing is simply  to state which side i am when stating
> certain stuff ... when i say i'm in fedora hat, means i'm talking in a
> way that biased to that side .. local geekboy hat - i'm talking on
> another one side - which is a personal view .. i have several other
> hat which i use when i be in a bias toward that particular group ..

i have split personality disorder .. different hat, will have
different opinion .. where sometimes the opinions might contradict
each other ..

Izhar Firdaus

Jun 25, 2009, 5:01:25 AM6/25/09
to osdcm...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Izhar Firdaus <kagese...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Izhar Firdaus <kagese...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 2009/6/25 Nasrul Amri Samsudin <nasru...@gmail.com>
> > >
> > > Dear Mr. Kage or other people who on his side,
> > > if nak semua open, buat persatuan sendiri la sng.
> > >
> > > OSDC are register society/club/association. we pay for membership fee. we can't simply give access of information to unpaid user unless few things that we want to.
> > >
> > > you can't compare your FEDORA even if you FEDORA AMBASSADOR or what. (I don't give a damm too to any AMBASSADOR you are or others are. either you now wearing your FEDORA HAT AMBASSADOR or LOCAL GEEK BOY HAT). we are NOT INTERNET SOCIETY. free to join, free to kutuk-kutuk, free to pumpang dlm group org, porak poranda group orang lain.
> > > this is registered CLUB.
> >
> > those hat wearing is simply  to state which side i am when stating
> > certain stuff ... when i say i'm in fedora hat, means i'm talking in a
> > way that biased to that side .. local geekboy hat - i'm talking on
> > another one side - which is a personal view .. i have several other
> > hat which i use when i be in a bias toward that particular group ..
>
>  i have split personality disorder .. different hat, will have
> different opinion .. where sometimes the opinions might
a little contradict

Harisfazillah Jamel

Jun 25, 2009, 5:10:02 AM6/25/09
to public osdc.my
Ok guys.... I need to stop this...

Will read all the feedback and discuss its with webmasters.

Thank you....