ClassCastException when using a Tinkerpop Graph imported from a GraphML file

Salvatore Piccione

Mar 12, 2012, 10:00:00 AM3/12/12
to OrientDB ML
Hello,

I get a ClassCastException when I try to add an edge to a vertex that was created by importing a GraphML file through Tinkerpop Blueprints utility class (GraphMLReader). This exception is thrown using both orient-graphed-1.0rc8 and orient-1.0rc9-SNAPSHOT in the following combinations:
  • orient-graphed-1.0rc8 and blueprint-orient-graph 1.1
  • orient-graphed-1.0rc8 and blueprint-orient-graph 1.2
  • orient-1.0rc9-SNAPSHOT and orientdb-blueprints 1.2o-SNAPSHOT
  • orient-1.0rc9-SNAPSHOT and blueprint-orient-graph 1.2
That exception was not thrown using orient-graphed-1.0rc7 and blueprint-orient-graph 1.1.
A test case that reproduces the failure is available at https://gist.github.com/2021474 while the complete stack trace is available at https://gist.github.com/1540820.

HTH,

Salvatore

Luca Garulli

Mar 13, 2012, 8:09:28 AM3/13/12
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Salvatore,
your error is reproducible and the cause seems to be the dropDatabase() that in remote leave the connection status dirty. I'm working on it.

Lvc@

Luca Garulli

Mar 15, 2012, 5:25:05 AM3/15/12
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Fixed in SVN r4982.
Lvc@

Salvatore Piccione

Mar 19, 2012, 5:17:23 AM3/19/12
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've downloaded and tested the latest snapshot (orientdb-1.0rc9-20120316.125248-22-distribution) and I can confirm that the problem has been fixed. Thanks Luca!

Luca Garulli

Mar 19, 2012, 5:17:47 AM3/19/12
to orient-...@googlegroups.com
Great!