Stomp / IE6 fixes) so I'd

Michael Carter

Nov 14, 2008, 3:35:31 PM11/14/08
to orbite...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

It appears that there was some strange caching bug in IE6 that was introduced over the past few weeks. I've cleaned that up, and also switched streaming back on in IE6 as the default. (To go back to long polling use Orbited.settings.streaming = false;)

I also added a stomp.reset function which you'll probably want to call onunload.

Before I make a 0.7.2 release, I'd like some feedback from the trunk. I've only tested this in IE6 under a very strange setup (IE6 on wine on ubuntu) so I'd like to hear back from windows users.

To try out trunk, do the following:

1) svn co http://orbited.org/svn/orbited/trunk/daemon orbited
2) cd orbited
3) python setup.py install
4) orbited --config orbited-debug.cfg
5) visit http://localhost:8001/static/demos/stomp
6) test connect, subscribe, send, and page reload

-Michael Carter

Mark

Nov 15, 2008, 3:52:21 AM11/15/08
to Orbited Discussion
Michael, I get this error on step 4 (orbited --config orbited-
debug.cfg) - the earlier steps worked ok, I have an earlier version of
Orbited on my machine which may have caused the error?:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python25\scripts\orbited-script.py", line 8, in <module>
load_entry_point('orbited==0.7.2', 'console_scripts', 'orbited')()
File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\orbited-0.7.2-py2.5.egg\orbited
\start.py",
line 76, in main
install = _import('twisted.internet.%sreactor.install' %
reactor_name)
File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\orbited-0.7.2-py2.5.egg\orbited
\start.py",
line 13, in _import
return reduce(getattr, name.split('.')[1:], __import__
(module_import))
File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet
\epollreactor.py", line 22
, in <module>
from twisted.python import _epoll
ImportError: cannot import name _epoll

On Nov 14, 3:35 pm, "Michael Carter" <cartermich...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It appears that there was some strange caching bug in IE6 that was
> introduced over the past few weeks. I've cleaned that up, and also switched
> streaming back on in IE6 as the default. (To go back to long polling use
> Orbited.settings.streaming = false;)
>
> I also added a stomp.reset function which you'll probably want to call
> onunload.
>
> Before I make a 0.7.2 release, I'd like some feedback from the trunk. I've
> only tested this in IE6 under a very strange setup (IE6 on wine on ubuntu)
> so I'd like to hear back from windows users.
>
> To try out trunk, do the following:
>
> 1) svn cohttp://orbited.org/svn/orbited/trunk/daemonorbited
> 2) cd orbited
> 3) python setup.py install
> 4) orbited --config orbited-debug.cfg
> 5) visithttp://localhost:8001/static/demos/stomp

Rui Lopes

Nov 15, 2008, 4:03:14 AM11/15/08
to orbite...@googlegroups.com
Mark wrote:
> Michael, I get this error on step 4 (orbited --config orbited-
> debug.cfg) - the earlier steps worked ok, I have an earlier version of
> Orbited on my machine which may have caused the error?:

Open the orbited-debug.cfg file and remove the reactor=epoll line.

Best regards,
Rui Lopes

Mark

Nov 15, 2008, 9:22:33 AM11/15/08
to Orbited Discussion
Ok commented that out, now orbited starts up ok.

I hit the 'connect' button leaving the default 'guest' values, get:

→ Transport closed (code: 108)

in the output area of the page. I think this is the corresponding
error in output:

11/15/08 09:18:39:593 ACCESS new connection from 127.0.0.1:4247 to
localhost:616
13
11/15/08 09:18:40:562 WARN
orbited.proxy.ProxyIncomingProtocol Connecti
on Error [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class
'twisted.
internet.error.ConnectionRefusedError'>: Connection was refused by
other side: 1
0061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused it
..]

Sorry for the simple error again, what do I add to where to get past
this one?

Rui Lopes

Nov 15, 2008, 12:20:08 PM11/15/08
to orbite...@googlegroups.com
Mark wrote:
[...]

> I hit the 'connect' button leaving the default 'guest' values, get:
>
> → Transport closed (code: 108)
>
> in the output area of the page. I think this is the corresponding
> error in output:
>
> 11/15/08 09:18:39:593 ACCESS new connection from 127.0.0.1:4247 to
> localhost:616
> 13
> 11/15/08 09:18:40:562 WARN
> orbited.proxy.ProxyIncomingProtocol Connecti
> on Error [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class
> 'twisted.
> internet.error.ConnectionRefusedError'>: Connection was refused by
> other side: 1
> 0061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively
> refused it
> ..]
>
> Sorry for the simple error again, what do I add to where to get past
> this one?

It seems you don't have any STOMP broker running (they normally listen
at port 61613).

You should read the documentation at
http://orbited.org/wiki/Documentation more exactly the MorbidQ at
http://orbited.org/wiki/MorbidQ.

Best regards,
Rui Lopes

Fredrik

Nov 17, 2008, 2:41:05 AM11/17/08
to Orbited Discussion
I've tested this by deploying the "Orbited + Morbid + js.io graph"
demo on a remote server and connecting with IE7(not allowed to install
IE6 on this computer).

As suggested in http://groups.google.com/group/orbited-users/browse_thread/thread/53edb870f0237494
I first tried to use long polling, which produces the exact same
result as before. Page loads and works fine on first try, and fails
after reload. Then I tried without forcing long polling. This also
used to work fine on first try, but now I get "Lost connection, Code:
101". Orbited prints this stacktrace which repeats itself several
times.

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/protocols/basic.py",
line 232, in dataReceived
why = self.lineReceived(line)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line
1001, in lineReceived
self.allContentReceived()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line
1042, in allContentReceived
req.requestReceived(command, path, version)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line
598, in requestReceived
self.process()
--- <exception caught here> ---
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py", line
160, in process
self.render(resrc)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py", line
167, in render
body = resrc.render(self)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orbited-0.7.2-py2.5.egg/
orbited/transports/base.py", line 23, in render
self.conn.transportOpened(self)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orbited-0.7.2-py2.5.egg/
orbited/cometsession.py", line 323, in transportOpened
self.cometTransport.flush()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orbited-0.7.2-py2.5.egg/
orbited/transports/base.py", line 47, in flush
self.write(self.packets)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orbited-0.7.2-py2.5.egg/
orbited/transports/htmlfile.py", line 42, in write
self.request.write(payload);
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/web/http.py", line
724, in write
self.transport.write(data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/
abstract.py", line 173, in write
raise TypeError("Data must not be unicode")
exceptions.TypeError: Data must not be unicode

Needless to say, everything works like a charm in FF3 :)

/Fredrik
> You should read the documentation athttp://orbited.org/wiki/Documentationmore exactly the MorbidQ athttp://orbited.org/wiki/MorbidQ.
>
> Best regards,
> Rui Lopes

Michael Carter

Nov 17, 2008, 2:53:23 AM11/17/08
to orbite...@googlegroups.com
Have you tested this against 0.7.2 (trunk) ?

also, try installing the cjson package (python-cjson on debian/ubuntu)

-Michael Carter

Fredrik

Nov 17, 2008, 3:48:35 AM11/17/08
to Orbited Discussion
Thanks a lot Michael, it is definitely working better now. :) I am
getting some mixed result though.

Adding onunload = function() { stomp.reset(); } will make everything
work IF you don't hit an identical page bar the onunload bit first.
For example: Page A does not do unonload while page B does. Hitting A
first and then going to B and reloading B will break the connection
for the rest of the process' life cycle it seems. It's a non-issue
though; you won't be including a broken page in the first place :)
Restarting IE7 and going straight to page B and reloading B will work
almost all the time. Once or twice I get the old access denied error,
but after another reload it might go away. Restarting IE7 again can
also clear the problem. I've cleared all temporary data in IE7 and
will keep trying. So far so good.

Thanks again / Fredrik

On Nov 17, 8:53 am, "Michael Carter" <cartermich...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tested this against 0.7.2 (trunk) ?
>
> also, try installing the cjson package (python-cjson on debian/ubuntu)
>
> -Michael Carter
>
> 2008/11/16 Fredrik <fredrik.westm...@gmail.com>
>

> > I've tested this by deploying the "Orbited + Morbid + js.io graph"
> > demo on a remote server and connecting with IE7(not allowed to install
> > IE6 on this computer).
>
> > As suggested in
> >http://groups.google.com/group/orbited-users/browse_thread/thread/53e...
> > > You should read the documentation athttp://
> > orbited.org/wiki/Documentationmore exactly the MorbidQ athttp://

Fredrik

Nov 17, 2008, 3:58:34 AM11/17/08
to Orbited Discussion
Oh and yes, I am testing against trunk, and cjson was not
installed. :)

/F