'Yellowcake' found in Iraq

Scratch

Aug 5, 2008, 6:15:57 PM8/5/08
'Yellowcake' found in Iraq
Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 8/5/2008 9:00:00 AM

A national defense analyst says President Bush should be commended for
keeping quiet about a discovery that could have blown his critics out
of the water.

Retired Major General Jerry Curry is a decorated combat veteran who
served as an Army aviator, paratrooper, and Ranger during a military
career that began during the Korean conflict. He recently wrote on his
blog about a very under reported story by the Associated Press.

According to the report, a large stockpile of concentrated natural
Uranium, known as "yellowcake," reached a Canadian port to complete a
top secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from
Baghdad, and a ship voyage crossing two oceans. The Uranium material
had been housed at a former Iraqi nuclear complex 12 miles from
Baghdad.

Curry says the president kept mum about the discovery in order to keep
terrorists in the dark. "He made a very brave stand, a resolute
stand..., in which he decided that he wasn't going to blab everything
to the press," Curry commends. "...And in the meantime while he kept
it quiet, he was buying time from the terrorists to get all that stuff
out of the country. So that's what was done -- he just very quietly
kept his mouth shut."

"The press beat him to death for the last several years," he
continues, "and now it turns out that, yes, there were weapons of mass
destruction...." Curry also maintains that Saddam Hussein had an
active nuclear program and the material could have been made into a
nuclear weapon.

President Bush's actions took courage, he notes, and all Americans
should be thankful to have such a brave president who puts the welfare
of the American people above personal considerations.

gatt

Aug 5, 2008, 6:22:56 PM8/5/08
Scratch wrote:
> 'Yellowcake' found in Iraq
> Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 8/5/2008 9:00:00 AM
>
> A national defense analyst says President Bush should be commended for
> keeping quiet about a discovery that could have blown his critics out
> of the water.
>
> Retired Major General Jerry Curry

Excellent, no doubt, but it'll require more than one person to vindicate
the WMD debacle.

After all, another retired General told everybody about chemical weapons
trucks and all kinds of things that were there besides just yellowcake.
Americans, unfortunately, are less likely to trust generals these
days because so many of them feel like even the generals were pawns in
an executive agenda.

-c

Don Homuth

Aug 5, 2008, 6:41:40 PM8/5/08
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:15:57 -0700 (PDT), Scratch <larr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>'Yellowcake' found in Iraq
>Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 8/5/2008 9:00:00 AM
>
>A national defense analyst says President Bush should be commended for
>keeping quiet about a discovery that could have blown his critics out
>of the water.

Dubya didn't keep quiet about it. The existence of this specific pile
of Yellowcake has been known since US troops invested the place during
the invasion.

>According to the report, a large stockpile of concentrated natural
>Uranium, known as "yellowcake," reached a Canadian port to complete a
>top secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from
>Baghdad, and a ship voyage crossing two oceans. The Uranium material
>had been housed at a former Iraqi nuclear complex 12 miles from
>Baghdad.

It's the exact Same stuff we were discussing here more than a month
ago.

It's harmless entirely.

Baxter

Aug 5, 2008, 6:45:31 PM8/5/08
-
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"Scratch" <larr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> 'Yellowcake' found in Iraq
> Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 8/5/2008 9:00:00 AM
>
> A national defense analyst says President Bush should be commended for
> keeping quiet about a discovery that could have blown his critics out
> of the water.

Baloney. Everybody already knew about the Yellowcake. And Yellowcake is
not suitable for weapons - people just won't eat enough of it.

Ben Wade

Aug 5, 2008, 6:47:27 PM8/5/08
gatt wrote:
> Scratch wrote:
>> 'Yellowcake' found in Iraq
>> Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 8/5/2008 9:00:00 AM
>>
>> A national defense analyst says President Bush should be commended for
>> keeping quiet about a discovery that could have blown his critics out
>> of the water.
>>
>> Retired Major General Jerry Curry
>
> Excellent, no doubt, but it'll require more than one person to vindicate
> the WMD debacle.

BAM!

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:ttr_XvzI-ycJ:www.command-post.org/oped/2_archives/015496.html+Command+Post+%2B+WMDs+%2B+Delong&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

TCP: The Iraq Survey Group is expected to file a comprehensive report
soon on weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Reports indicate that it
will conclude Saddam had no WMD. But you disagree with that belief. Why
do you disagree and is it more likely WMD are still inside Iraq, or have
they been moved?

DeLong: I think what the report will say is, just like everybody else
has said, there is no proof there was WMD. There will be no definitive
statement in this report. I can state, unequivocally, there was WMD in
Iraq before and during the war. You have multiple-source intelligence.
Also, from other Arab leaders – as Tommy Franks says in his book – King
Abdullah said Saddam has WMD. President Mubarek of Egypt said you have
to be very careful going in, because Saddam has weapons of mass
destruction. Other leaders who have chosen not to be named said the same
thing. We had technical intelligence that saw the same thing.

Two days before March 19, 2003, we saw quite a number of vehicles going
into Syria. We could not go after them because we said we'd give Saddam
48 hours. A lot of (Iraqi) leaders went into Syria, and a lot of WMD
went into Syria. We've gotten indications some went into Lebanon, and
probably some went into Iran.

The size of Iraq is roughly, in square miles, the same size as
California. Seven-eighths of the country is arid desert land. We've done
calculations that you could probably bury 16 Eiffel Towers or Empire
State Buildings and never find them in the desert. Just four months ago,
they were digging for something out in the middle of
the desert and they hit something. It was a MIG-25 Foxbat that the
Iraqis buried in the sand. We never would have found this thing.
Biological Weapons, you could put almost your whole program in a
suitcase. You could probably put your whole chemical weapons industry
inside a van. Yes, they did have it and right today they can't find it.
The people we've captured, like Dr. Germ and Chemical Ali, the murderer
of the Kurds, aren't talking.

Bill Shatzer

Aug 5, 2008, 7:39:24 PM8/5/08
Scratch wrote:

> 'Yellowcake' found in Iraq
> Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 8/5/2008 9:00:00 AM

> A national defense analyst says President Bush should be commended for
> keeping quiet about a discovery that could have blown his critics out
> of the water.

Ho hum. Very OLD news and hardly news at all.

Yellowcake is not weapons grade - it's not even reactor grade. It's
basically minimally processed uranium ore - pitchblende or the like -
with the sand and gravel taken out.

Everyone KNEW it was in Iraq. It was legally in Iraq. It was stored
under IAEA suppervision and seal - or at least it was until the US
forces left the place unguarded and the locals started dumping out the
yellowcake on the ground and looting the storage barrels.

Peace and justice,

Ben Wade

Aug 5, 2008, 7:42:39 PM8/5/08
Don Homuth wrote:about how he ziplock bags his finches and then puts
them in the freezer to die.

Ben Wade

Aug 5, 2008, 7:43:27 PM8/5/08
Baxter wrote:
> -
> Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
>
> "Scratch" <larr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> 'Yellowcake' found in Iraq
>> Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 8/5/2008 9:00:00 AM
>>
>> A national defense analyst says President Bush should be commended for
>> keeping quiet about a discovery that could have blown his critics out
>> of the water.
>>
> Baloney.

STFU EARWIG!

Ben Wade

Aug 5, 2008, 7:49:49 PM8/5/08
Bill Shatzer wrote:

> Ho hum. Very OLD news and hardly news at all.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"And over 4,000 Americans have paid with their lives for that little
adventure. Plus a half a trillion dollars in national treasure

You might compare that with the number of lives lost on 9-11. Or the
economic injury incurred from that event.

It would have been cheaper in both lives and money to just suffer
another 9-11 every six or seven years.

Peace and justice,"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sancho Panza

Aug 5, 2008, 10:02:53 PM8/5/08

"Don Homuth" <dhomuthoneatcomcast.net@> wrote in message

And you still can't produce a shred of anything corroborative other than
some partisan blogger:

> On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 16:59:27 -0700 (PDT), Yer Pal Al
> <Caddys...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> http://spartacus.blogs.com/spartacus/2004/10/greatest_hits_f.html
>>
>>Homuth is a bald faced-liar.
>
> http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/10/27/eyewitness_to_a_failure_in_iraq/
>
> Peter Galbraith clearly is not. You might want to reconsider your
> statement from an Informed frame of referfence instead:

Problem is even your uncorroborated source strongly qualifies his statements
with the universal disclaimer: "This is apparently what happened." He is
admitting he knows as little about the reality as ... any number of
"experts" thousands of miles away on other continents."

Don Homuth

Aug 5, 2008, 10:06:16 PM8/5/08
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 22:02:53 -0400, "Sancho Panza"
<otter...@xhotmail.com> wrote:

>"Don Homuth" <dhomuthoneatcomcast.net@> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:15:57 -0700 (PDT), Scratch <larr...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>>According to the report, a large stockpile of concentrated natural
>>>Uranium, known as "yellowcake," reached a Canadian port to complete a
>>>top secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from
>>>Baghdad, and a ship voyage crossing two oceans. The Uranium material
>>>had been housed at a former Iraqi nuclear complex 12 miles from
>>>Baghdad.
>>
>> It's the exact Same stuff we were discussing here more than a month
>> ago.
>>
>> It's harmless entirely.
>
>And you still can't produce a shred of anything corroborative other than
>some partisan blogger:

It's the exact same stuff that was shipped something like 2-3 months
ago. There is no New stock of yellowcake that has recently been
"found" in Iraq.

Feel free to corroborate the Facts yourself.

Ben Wade

Aug 5, 2008, 11:04:23 PM8/5/08

Curt

Aug 6, 2008, 12:26:26 PM8/6/08
On Aug 5, 3:15 pm, Scratch <larry0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'Yellowcake' found in Iraq

Didn't this all get hashed out, like, a month or so ago? Right here?

We already KNEW about that yellowcake.

Years ago.

Curt

Clutch Cargo

Aug 6, 2008, 12:37:51 PM8/6/08

Then don't be so offended by it being reported.

Sancho Panza

Aug 7, 2008, 2:55:43 PM8/7/08

"Don Homuth" <dhomuthoneatcomcast.net@> wrote in message

I always feel free. But you should do as you preach. Especially when you
prove so frequently that your are utterly unable to back up your arguments.

Sancho Panza

Aug 7, 2008, 2:56:20 PM8/7/08

"Curt" <obadia...@gmail.com> wrote in message

So why have you been denying its existence until it was moved?

Baxter

Aug 7, 2008, 3:17:23 PM8/7/08
-
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"Sancho Panza" <otter...@xhotmail.com> wrote in message

Nobody denied its existence.

Clutch Cargo

Aug 7, 2008, 9:33:30 PM8/7/08
Nutless freak:

Baxter wrote:
-
At my age, I don't need balls. I'm done with the procreation stuff.

Sancho Panza

Aug 7, 2008, 10:33:10 PM8/7/08

"Baxter" <lbax02.s...@baxcode.com> wrote in message

Another head-spinning 180-degree reversal. Just like your hero.

Don Homuth

Aug 8, 2008, 9:37:46 AM8/8/08
On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 14:55:43 -0400, "Sancho Panza"
<otter...@xhotmail.com> wrote:

>"Don Homuth" <dhomuthoneatcomcast.net@> wrote in message

>> It's the exact same stuff that was shipped something like 2-3 months
>> ago. There is no New stock of yellowcake that has recently been
>> "found" in Iraq.
>>
>> Feel free to corroborate the Facts yourself.
>
>I always feel free. But you should do as you preach.

What I preach is that rather than kvetch about someone else not doing
your work for you, you take the two minutes and do it yourself.

That way you'll have nothing to whine about.

> Especially when you
>prove so frequently that your are utterly unable to back up your arguments.

The observation on which bunch of yellowcake it was remains correct.

and Sniff

Aug 9, 2008, 5:20:14 AM8/9/08

so why don't you show the evidence that it is the same bunch?

Curt

Aug 10, 2008, 11:34:59 AM8/10/08
On Aug 7, 11:56 am, "Sancho Panza" <otterpo...@xhotmail.com> wrote:
> "Curt" <obadiahly...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Um.. no one ever did.

Curt

maunder minimum

Aug 11, 2008, 1:26:58 PM8/11/08
Curt is as stupid as the day is long, and twice as tedious.