Re: right click to close tab

Asger Jørgensen

Apr 6, 2011, 8:51:53 AM4/6/11

Hi Duc

On the: 06. of april-2011 At: 14:19 Duc wrote:

> So what I'd like to request is, could you add a sub-option under "Show close
> button on each tab" called something like "Right click to actuate"?
> It should function so that after hoovering the mouse over the "Close Tab"
> button, a right mouse click is required to trigger it, while left mouse
> click would just work as if one had clicked on any other portion of that
> tab.

What about using Ctrl + F4 that will close the active tab.

Best regards
Asger-P

Duc

Apr 6, 2011, 8:19:53 AM4/6/11
Hi

When switching between tabs by clicking on them, I often accidentally hit
the "Close Tab" button of that tab.
To prevent this, I went to "Tools" - "Preferences" - "Advanced" - "Tabs" -
"Additional tab options" and unchecked "Show close button on each tab".
This solves my problem of accidentally closing tabs, but then requires a
little extra effort to intentionally close tabs.

So what I'd like to request is, could you add a sub-option under "Show close
button on each tab" called something like "Right click to actuate"?
It should function so that after hoovering the mouse over the "Close Tab"
button, a right mouse click is required to trigger it, while left mouse
click would just work as if one had clicked on any other portion of that
tab.

Regards

Duc

Apr 6, 2011, 10:58:20 AM4/6/11
"Asger Jørgensen" <ju...@asger-p.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Thanks for the reply!
If only I wasn't so bad at memorizing keyboard shortcuts. :-|

Asger Jørgensen

Apr 6, 2011, 11:12:28 AM4/6/11

Hi Duc

On the: 06. of april-2011 At: 16:58 Duc wrote:

>> What about using Ctrl + F4 that will close the active tab.
>>

>> Best regards
>> Asger-P
>

> Thanks for the reply!
> If only I wasn't so bad at memorizing keyboard shortcuts. :-|

You should learn that one and also Alt + F4 which close the program
and both of those are standard windows shortcuts and they work in
almost all programs

just like these:
Ctrl + P for print
Ctrl + C for Copy
Ctrl + X for Cut
Ctrl + V for Paste
Ctrl + S for Save
Ctrl + N for New file
Ctrl + O for Browse for file (Open file)
Ctrl + Z for Regret / undo
Ctrl + A for select All
Ctrl + F for Find (F3 for find next)
F5 for refresh

Alt + F4 for Close main window
Ctrl + F4 for Close child window

Print a list and have them by the keyboard until You know
them by heart

Best regards
Asger-P

Gunnar

Apr 6, 2011, 1:09:49 PM4/6/11
Duc <ducn...@yahoo.com.tw> wrote:

> Hi
>
> When switching between tabs by clicking on them, I often accidentally
> hit the "Close Tab" button of that tab.
> To prevent this, I went to "Tools" - "Preferences" - "Advanced" - "Tabs"
> - "Additional tab options" and unchecked "Show close button on each tab".
> This solves my problem of accidentally closing tabs, but then requires a
> little extra effort to intentionally close tabs.

Did you know its possible to close a tab by middle click?

--
Gunnar

Asger Jørgensen

Apr 6, 2011, 1:12:43 PM4/6/11

Hi Gunnar

Unless You have it signed for something else, I use it for
double click and that does not close the tab.

Best regards
Asger-P

Duc

Apr 6, 2011, 4:27:07 PM4/6/11
"Gunnar" <gun...@arcor.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Cool. Thanks!

I never thought about the middle mouse button. I have a Logitech RX1500
mouse where the middle button sits in a position that I normally don't reach
with my fingers, so I never made any use of it.

Regards

Özgür Sevim

Apr 6, 2011, 5:55:25 PM4/6/11
On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:12:28 +0300, Asger Jørgensen <ju...@asger-p.dk>
wrote:

i wanna add 2 shortcuts;

ctrl + w close the tab (this is more reachable than ctrl+F4 with only
one hand, F4 is too away from ctrl button for me )
ctrl + t open new tab

sorry for my bad english.

Norm DePlume

Apr 6, 2011, 9:59:19 PM4/6/11
Hello,
These shortcuts already exist in Opera 11.01; perhaps I misunderstood
you.

PS Your English is fine; sadly, better than that of many Americans.

Asger Jørgensen

Apr 7, 2011, 8:07:12 AM4/7/11

Hi Norm

On the: 07. of april-2011 At: 03:59 Norm DePlume wrote:

> Hello,
> These shortcuts already exist in Opera 11.01; perhaps I misunderstood
> you.

Yes I think You misunderstood him, I believe he added them
to my list of standard shortcuts and since we are in Opera
land, it is ok to add a couple of already existing Opera
specific shortcuts, for those with small hands.;-)
Yes they are easier to grab.

Best regards
Asger-P

Özgür Sevim

Apr 7, 2011, 10:04:46 AM4/7/11
On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 15:07:12 +0300, Asger Jørgensen <ju...@asger-p.dk>
wrote:

Hello Norm,

I know the shortcuts which i suggested are already exist in opera (i even
think they are standart shortcuts for tabs in windows. they do the same
task in chrome, internet explorer and firefox too). I just wanted to add
them to Asger's list :)
i should have been more spesific previous repy.

--
Özgür Sevim

Asger Jørgensen

Apr 7, 2011, 4:06:43 PM4/7/11

Hi Gunnar

On the: 07. of april-2011 At: 21:41 Gunnar wrote:

> Unless you activate opera:config#UserPrefs|DoubleclicktoCloseTab

Yeb You are right, I didn't know about that, briliant.

Thanks.

Best regards
Asger-P

Gunnar

Brixomatic

Apr 9, 2011, 7:57:11 PM4/9/11
In article <inhlp9$tc1$1...@news.opera.com>, ducn...@yahoo.com.tw says...

> When switching between tabs by clicking on them, I often accidentally hit
> the "Close Tab" button of that tab.
> To prevent this, I went to "Tools" - "Preferences" - "Advanced" - "Tabs" -
> "Additional tab options" and unchecked "Show close button on each tab".
> This solves my problem of accidentally closing tabs, but then requires a
> little extra effort to intentionally close tabs.

You can use shift+click on the tab to close it.
Or you can click the tab and use the mouse-gesture:
hold right button, down, right, relase button -> tab closed

kind regards,
Wanja

--
..Alesi's problem was that the back of the car was jumping up and down
dangerously - and I can assure you from having been teammate to