character input problem

Kant

Jul 13, 2006, 8:10:51 PM7/13/06
there are some textboxes where I can't type characters like accents. an
example is the richtext e-mail composing in gmail.

my system:
Opera 9 final, dynamic qt
Ubuntu dapper

if I install the static qt build this problem disappears but then I
can't use qt styles and I really do't like using the static build.

żhas anyone encountered this problem?

~ Kant
p.s.: I apologize for my crappy english, spanish is my mother language
(there the importance of accents for me)

Eirik Byrkjeflot Anonsen

Jul 14, 2006, 2:40:33 AM7/14/06
Kant <asd...@gmail.com> writes:

> there are some textboxes where I can't type characters like accents. an
> example is the richtext e-mail composing in gmail.
>
> my system:
> Opera 9 final, dynamic qt
> Ubuntu dapper
>
> if I install the static qt build this problem disappears but then I
> can't use qt styles and I really do't like using the static build.
>

> ¿has anyone encountered this problem?
>
> ~ Kant

We have some assorted problems with "input methods" currently. I
believe we know what causes the particular problem you are having, and
I expect to start working on it when I come back from vacation (in a
couple of weeks' time).

eirik