Opera v9.21 ?

1 view

Mark V

May 17, 2007, 7:42:04 PM5/17/07
Opera v9.21 ?

I have seen no announcement! (opera.announce)

ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/921/en/
(files from the 16th)

And I do *not* see any version information or alternate link (to
"Classic") on the opera.com download (Windows) page either.

What's up Tim?

Lee Harvey

May 17, 2007, 7:58:42 PM5/17/07

Mark V

May 17, 2007, 8:24:53 PM5/17/07

While useful (thanks) one should not have to go there for "publicly
released version" information! ;-)

Milhouse Van Houten

May 17, 2007, 10:56:16 PM5/17/07
"Mark V" <notv...@nul.invalid> wrote in message

Opera (and Mozilla, for that matter) typically float releases they intend to
make final on their FTP servers for up to 24 hours before announcing them
formally. In almost all cases, it does end up being the final final, but I
do recall one occasion in which a major bug cropped up, found by the "early
adopters" (i.e. those who watch FTP sites), and so a fix was had to be made
before ultimate release. I'd wait until tomorrow morning to be sure.

Tim Altman

May 18, 2007, 11:08:10 AM5/18/07
On Thu, 17 May 2007 19:42:04 -0400, Mark V <notv...@nul.invalid>
wrote:

The release is not official yet. Expect an announcement early next
week. Internal policy forbids us from announcing final releases on
Fridays, though that policy is sometimes bent. Thursday (May 17th)
was a holiday in Norway.

--
Tim Altman
Desktop QA

Milhouse Van Houten

May 18, 2007, 12:27:20 PM5/18/07
"Tim Altman" <do....@spam.me.invalid> wrote in message

> On Thu, 17 May 2007 19:42:04 -0400, Mark V <notv...@nul.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>Opera v9.21 ?
>>
>>I have seen no announcement! (opera.announce)
>>
>>ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/921/en/
>> (files from the 16th)
>>
>>And I do *not* see any version information or alternate link (to
>>"Classic") on the opera.com download (Windows) page either.
>>
>>What's up Tim?
>
> The release is not official yet. Expect an announcement early next
> week. Internal policy forbids us from announcing final releases on
> Fridays, though that policy is sometimes bent. Thursday (May 17th)
> was a holiday in Norway.

Please bend away, otherwise the lead time will be so long, and it will
propagate to so many release sites, that it will become a de facto final
even if it isn't.

André Buschow

May 18, 2007, 3:23:10 PM5/18/07

Yes, but the download link is linked to the "Weekly"! Not the final. :|

--
**********
MFG

Mark V

May 18, 2007, 10:04:11 PM5/18/07
In opera.general, Tim Altman wrote:

> On Thu, 17 May 2007 19:42:04 -0400, Mark V <notv...@nul.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>Opera v9.21 ?
>>
>>I have seen no announcement! (opera.announce)
>>
>>ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/921/en/
>> (files from the 16th)

[ ]

> The release is not official yet. Expect an announcement early
> next week. Internal policy forbids us from announcing final
> releases on Fridays, though that policy is sometimes bent.
> Thursday (May 17th) was a holiday in Norway.>

Thanks for explaining. I disagree with public availablity (5+?)
_days_ in advance of official announcment FWIW.