typo: version 90.2 available

Philipp

Sep 22, 2006, 3:18:13 AM9/22/06
Today my Opera 9.01 under windows told me this:

"A new version of Opera, Opera 90.2, is available. Would you like to
upgrade now?"

Looks like someone made a typo and misplaced the decimal dot.

Mark V

Sep 22, 2006, 6:42:31 AM9/22/06
In opera.general Philipp wrote:

That has been acknowledged previously. To be hoped is that it may be
fixed in 9.02 and will not have to wait for version 10.0 for a fix.

Eik

Sep 22, 2006, 8:46:58 AM9/22/06
On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:42:31 +0100, Mark V <notv...@nul.invalid> wrote:

> To be hoped is that it may be
> fixed in 9.02 and will not have to wait for version 10.0 for a fix.

If they can't fix it in 9.x then surely they won't be able to fix it in
v10 either, and that'll have to label it as version 100.0?

But surely they can add a fix for this to new versions and then add a
server-side hack so that when old versions phone home they're told it's
version 90.3 rather than 9.03?

Tim Altman

Sep 22, 2006, 9:37:01 AM9/22/06
On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 06:42:31 -0400, Mark V <notv...@nul.invalid>
wrote:

It's fixed in 9.02. When the next new release is available, 9.02
users should see the correct number. 9.0 and 9.01 will continue to
see the wrong thing, since they have the bug.

--
Tim Altman
Core QA