I want to zoom in source view, and not edit

1 view

hansa

Jul 24, 2006, 6:28:18 PM7/24/06
When viewing the source of a page, the zoom function does not work.
Why can't I zoom the source code?
Why do I get an editor window instead of a viewing window in Opera for the
source?

The menu says "View"->Source, not "Edit" -> Source.

Hansa

--
hansa is using O9.01 (8544) on Win XP home SP2
Dell laptop Inspiron 8500

Lee Harvey

Jul 24, 2006, 8:48:17 PM7/24/06
hansa wrote:
> When viewing the source of a page, the zoom function does not work.
> Why can't I zoom the source code?
> Why do I get an editor window instead of a viewing window in Opera for the
> source?

If interested, the Source view borrows the font setting from "Form text
field multi-line" ( opera:config#Fonts|Form.Text ) If this setting is
altered while the Source view is open, it helps to close the Source view,
then re-open it.

Otherwise, use a third-party text editor with better control over font and
zoom settings.

> The menu says "View"->Source, not "Edit" -> Source.

I'm sure this decision was based simply on usability studies of existing
browsers, such as MSIE and FF.

Mark V

Jul 25, 2006, 12:34:15 PM7/25/06

I'm not sure that it is wrong anyway. The action does bring one to
a "view" of the "source" without _imposing_ any edits. Editing is
a user action taken after the fact. "View source" is exactly what
it does. And for outside programs one might use a "viewer" utility
instead of an "editor".