css gradient support

Umin

May 19, 2010, 3:29:35 AM5/19/10
Does Opera support the css gradient like mozilla and webkit?

--
Umin

Eik

May 19, 2010, 12:36:49 PM5/19/10
On Wed, 19 May 2010 08:29:35 +0100, Umin <ataru...@yahoo.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> Does Opera support the css gradient like mozilla and webkit?

Not in 10.5. I think Mozilla and webkit use very different syntaxes to do
it, so Opera are probably waiting until things settle down.

You can use tricks with shadows to produce gradients though:

http://devfiles.myopera.com/articles/1661/widgetstyling_mediaui.html

Here's the official CSS support page for Opera 10.5:

http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/presto25/#css

And in case any Opera people are viewing this, when you go to this page:

http://www.opera.com/docs/

...and click on the obvious links to "Web standards supported in Opera" on
the left, you're taken to information about Presto 2.2, not 2.5. People
will click that and assume whatever is next presented to them is current
information.

There's also a Presto 2.2 page on the subject of security features. It's
later than the one currently linked to though I haven't checked whether
it's more or less comprehensive.

Umin

May 21, 2010, 6:47:31 AM5/21/10
Eik ci ha detto :

> On Wed, 19 May 2010 08:29:35 +0100, Umin <ataru...@yahoo.it> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> Does Opera support the css gradient like mozilla and webkit?

> Not in 10.5. I think Mozilla and webkit use very different syntaxes to do it,
> so Opera are probably waiting until things settle down.

> You can use tricks with shadows to produce gradients though:

> http://devfiles.myopera.com/articles/1661/widgetstyling_mediaui.html

> Here's the official CSS support page for Opera 10.5:

> http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/presto25/#css

[...]

ok, thanks a lot!

--