Gmail not working in Opera 8.5

Mike Mckinney

Oct 2, 2005, 1:32:28 PM10/2/05
For the last two days, gmail will no longer work in Opera 8.5

All I get is a "loading" screen now. I have tried clearing the cache,
deleting all cookies, using https, nothing works.

Can anyone suggest something to get gmail to load correctly again?

TIA

Message has been deleted

Conor

Oct 2, 2005, 3:33:36 PM10/2/05
says...

> Hello Mike,
>
> I am also experiencing the same problem. There is a compatibility
> mismatch between Opera 8.5 and Gmail.

Except it works fine here - first thing I tested.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

Mark V

Oct 2, 2005, 3:42:11 PM10/2/05
In opera.general Conor wrote:

> In article
> <1128277566.7...@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> says...
>>
>> Hello Mike,
>>
>> I am also experiencing the same problem. There is a
>> compatibility mismatch between Opera 8.5 and Gmail.
>>
> Except it works fine here - first thing I tested.

I don't use it (Gmail) but did OP "Check for new versions" and get
the UA.INI up to date?

MLC

Oct 2, 2005, 4:37:23 PM10/2/05
domenica 2 ottobre 2005 Conor ha scritto:

>> Hello Mike,

>> I am also experiencing the same problem. There is a compatibility
>> mismatch between Opera 8.5 and Gmail.

> Except it works fine here - first thing I tested.

Ditto.
It's slow, but I'm on dial-up.

--
Maria Luisa C - 02/10/2005 22.36.29
Conclusion: the place where you got tired of thinking.

Message has been deleted

Bob

Oct 2, 2005, 8:19:41 PM10/2/05
MLC wrote:
> domenica 2 ottobre 2005 Conor ha scritto:
>
>> In article <1128277566.7...@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>> says...
>
>>> Hello Mike,
>
>>> I am also experiencing the same problem. There is a compatibility
>>> mismatch between Opera 8.5 and Gmail.
>
>> Except it works fine here - first thing I tested.
>
> Ditto.
> It's slow, but I'm on dial-up.

It's always slow on dialup no matter the browser.
Nigerian "romance scam": Nigerian crooks using dating sites, Yahoo chat
rooms and Yahoo messenger to con people. Using fake profiles with photos
of real models, they "romance" both men and women and then con them.
Join the group to learn more.

MLC

Oct 3, 2005, 3:13:54 AM10/3/05
lunedě 3 ottobre 2005 Bob ha scritto:

> MLC wrote:
>> domenica 2 ottobre 2005 Conor ha scritto:

>>> In article <1128277566.7...@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>>> says...

>>> Except it works fine here - first thing I tested.

>> Ditto.
>> It's slow, but I'm on dial-up.

> It's always slow on dialup no matter the browser.

That's what I meant.
--
Maria Luisa C - 03/10/2005 9.13.07
One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves.

John Chambers

Oct 3, 2005, 9:59:33 AM10/3/05

It might help if people would mention the sort of system they're
running. I just upgraded opera to 8.5 on my Mac (OSX 10.3.9),
tried it with gmail, and it seems to work. I did have one case
where it hung with a "Loading..." message, but I hit Refresh and
the problem cleared up.

So those with problems - What release of what system do you have?

John H Meyers

Oct 3, 2005, 6:49:02 PM10/3/05
On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 12:32:28 -0500, Mike Mckinney wrote:

> For the last two days, gmail will no longer work in Opera 8.5
> All I get is a "loading" screen now.

> Can anyone suggest something to get gmail to load correctly again?

Press F12; try clicking "Identify as Mozilla";
this was helping with apparent recent changes at Gmail,
which seem to have been unfriendly to Opera.

If all else fails, try "basic HTML" view:
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=html&zy=f
(you can go here after login, if not before).

If Gmail gets even worse with Opera
(which they officially don't support),
Gmail does claim to support various other browsers,
which are sometimes necessary anyway,
to get certain features such as "Rich text" formatting.

-[ ]-

Tim Altman

Oct 4, 2005, 3:26:45 AM10/4/05
On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:32:28 -0500, Mike Mckinney <mik...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I can't reproduce the problem in 8.5 on Windows XP. Logging in
worked fine this morning.

--
Tim Altman
Core QA

Andrew Gregory

Oct 4, 2005, 12:34:13 PM10/4/05
On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:26:45 +0800, Tim Altman <do....@spam.me.invalid>
wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:32:28 -0500, Mike Mckinney <mik...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> For the last two days, gmail will no longer work in Opera 8.5
>>
>> All I get is a "loading" screen now. I have tried clearing the cache,
>> deleting all cookies, using https, nothing works.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest something to get gmail to load correctly again?
>
> I can't reproduce the problem in 8.5 on Windows XP. Logging in
> worked fine this morning.

I can reproduce the problem when logging in for a second time, ID'd as
Opera. To log in ID'd as Opera for a second time, I have to exit Opera
completely and restart it.

When ID'd as Mozilla or IE, I have no problem.

--
Andrew Gregory

Tim Altman

Oct 5, 2005, 4:32:03 AM10/5/05

OK. Thanks for the additional details.

Marco

Oct 5, 2005, 2:43:55 PM10/5/05
On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 00:26:45 -0700, Tim Altman <do....@spam.me.invalid>
wrote:

> I can't reproduce the problem in 8.5 on Windows XP. Logging in
> worked fine this morning.

For me the problem is is not occuring all the time.
The HTML View https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=html&zy=f is always working.
But the full featured view is only working about half of the time I try.
So far I couldn't tie it to any UA settings.

BTW, if I use F12 to set the UA from Opera to IE that gets into effect
immediately, right? No need to restart...

Thanks,
Marco
-=-
Opera Version 8.5 Build 7700
System Windows XP/SP2

Ivan Magerle

Oct 6, 2005, 3:41:32 AM10/6/05
On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 09:26:45 +0200, Tim Altman wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:32:28 -0500, Mike Mckinney <mik...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> For the last two days, gmail will no longer work in Opera 8.5
>>
>> All I get is a "loading" screen now. I have tried clearing the cache,
>> deleting all cookies, using https, nothing works.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest something to get gmail to load correctly again?
>
> I can't reproduce the problem in 8.5 on Windows XP. Logging in
> worked fine this morning.

Tim, please try to login through google.groups.com
https://www.google.com/groups/signin?cd=US&hl=en&_done=http:%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2F

Gmail is working okey for me, but I can't sign in through google groups.

TIA.

--
magi at dropbike.com - Black holes suck!

John H Meyers

Oct 6, 2005, 7:23:46 PM10/6/05
On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:34:13 -0500, Andrew Gregory wrote:

> I can reproduce the problem when logging in for a second time,
> ID'd as Opera. To log in ID'd as Opera for a second time,
> I have to exit Opera completely and restart it.

I was also having the problem whenever:

o Refreshing the page (without clearing cache).
o Closing the page and then recovering with Ctrl-Z.
o Trying to open a Duplicate page.
o Trying to open a new page at the same URL.

The only cures I found were:

o ID as Mozilla, or
o In profile\ua.ini add or change "mail.google.com=x" to 2 or 4

-[ ]-

Trevor Gough

Oct 6, 2005, 10:15:43 PM10/6/05
On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 12:32:28 -0500, Mike Mckinney <mik...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> For the last two days, gmail will no longer work in Opera 8.5

See this for for what appears to be the solution that you're seeing:
http://my.opera.com/hallvors/blog/show.dml/38528

I never experience this problem myself, however. I have GMail bookmarked
with the following address: https:/gmail.google.com/ I click this link
multiple times each day and NEVER have this problem. I don't need to
empty the cache, either, each time as the above link describes as one
possible solution.

--
I am an Oper-8-or!

MLC

Oct 7, 2005, 3:32:50 AM10/7/05
venerdě 7 ottobre 2005 Trevor Gough ha scritto:

> I have GMail bookmarked
> with the following address: https:/gmail.google.com/

Hi Trevor,
with https://mail.google.com/mail/ you can avoid a redirect.

--
Maria Luisa C - 07/10/2005 9.30.27
Health is the slowest rate at which one can die.

Tim Altman

Oct 7, 2005, 4:41:42 AM10/7/05
On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:41:32 +0200, "Ivan Magerle"
<lo...@signature.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 09:26:45 +0200, Tim Altman wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:32:28 -0500, Mike Mckinney <mik...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> For the last two days, gmail will no longer work in Opera 8.5
>>>
>>> All I get is a "loading" screen now. I have tried clearing the cache,
>>> deleting all cookies, using https, nothing works.
>>>
>>> Can anyone suggest something to get gmail to load correctly again?
>>
>> I can't reproduce the problem in 8.5 on Windows XP. Logging in
>> worked fine this morning.
>
>Tim, please try to login through google.groups.com
>https://www.google.com/groups/signin?cd=US&hl=en&_done=http:%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2F

Indeed, I can't sign in there either. We'll look into it.

Tim Altman

Oct 7, 2005, 4:43:36 AM10/7/05

Actually, though the login page doesn't reload, I appear to be signed
in.

Ivan Magerle

Oct 7, 2005, 4:56:22 AM10/7/05
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:43:36 +0200, Tim Altman wrote:

> Actually, though the login page doesn't reload, I appear to be signed
> in.

Yep, I can confirm that.

Tim Altman

Oct 7, 2005, 9:27:12 AM10/7/05
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:56:22 +0200, "Ivan Magerle"
<lo...@signature.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:43:36 +0200, Tim Altman wrote:
>
>> Actually, though the login page doesn't reload, I appear to be signed
>> in.
>
>Yep, I can confirm that.

We've added a work-around to browser.js. Go to Help and select "Check
for new release". That should update your browser.js with the fix.
Does it work now?

Saito

Oct 7, 2005, 10:12:54 AM10/7/05
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 22:27:12 +0900, Tim Altman <do....@spam.me.invalid>
wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:56:22 +0200, "Ivan Magerle"
> <lo...@signature.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:43:36 +0200, Tim Altman wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, though the login page doesn't reload, I appear to be signed
>>> in.
>>
>> Yep, I can confirm that.
>
> We've added a work-around to browser.js. Go to Help and select "Check
> for new release". That should update your browser.js with the fix.
> Does it work now?

It just tells me that 'You are using the latest version of Opera'
Is there any way to update it manually?

--
Saito, a paid Opera user both on Windows and Linux
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/saiton/ - Diary in Japanese

Tim Altman

Oct 7, 2005, 10:49:51 AM10/7/05
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 23:12:54 +0900, Saito <sa...@operamail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 22:27:12 +0900, Tim Altman <do....@spam.me.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:56:22 +0200, "Ivan Magerle"
>> <lo...@signature.com> wrote:

>>> Yep, I can confirm that.
>>
>> We've added a work-around to browser.js. Go to Help and select "Check
>> for new release". That should update your browser.js with the fix.
>> Does it work now?
>
>It just tells me that 'You are using the latest version of Opera'
>Is there any way to update it manually?

When you check for new releases, browser.js is updated automatically.
The message is misleading.

Ivan Magerle

Oct 7, 2005, 11:01:57 AM10/7/05
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:27:12 +0200, Tim Altman wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:56:22 +0200, "Ivan Magerle"
> <lo...@signature.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:43:36 +0200, Tim Altman wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, though the login page doesn't reload, I appear to be signed
>>> in.
>>
>> Yep, I can confirm that.
>
> We've added a work-around to browser.js. Go to Help and select "Check
> for new release". That should update your browser.js with the fix.
> Does it work now?

Opera doesn't download newest browser.js file. Maybe because I moved that
file to my javascript opera/profile/js/ directory?

Rijk van Geijtenbeek

Oct 7, 2005, 11:50:09 AM10/7/05

You should not put browser.js in any other directory, nor edit it. That is
what userscripts are for.

--
Get Opera 8 now! Speed, Security and Simplicity.
http://my.opera.com/Rijk/affiliate/

Rijk van Geijtenbeek
Opera Software ASA, Documentation & QA
Tweak: http://my.opera.com/Rijk/blog/

David W. Hodgins

Oct 7, 2005, 12:09:36 PM10/7/05
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:27:12 -0400, Tim Altman <do....@spam.me.invalid> wrote:

> We've added a work-around to browser.js. Go to Help and select "Check
> for new release". That should update your browser.js with the fix.
> Does it work now?

Doesn't update browser.js on linux.

I even tried (with opera closed), renaming browser.js, and then using
opera's help/Check for new release.

No browser.js was created.

I renamed the old one back. It has a last modified date of Sep. 29th.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

--
Change nomail.afraid.org to rogers.com to reply by email.

Ivan Magerle

Oct 7, 2005, 12:27:10 PM10/7/05
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:50:09 +0200, Rijk van Geijtenbeek wrote:

> You should not put browser.js in any other directory, nor edit it. That
> is what userscripts are for.

Okey, thx for that tip. I've just put back browser.js in profile dir. But
still Opera doesn't update.

Trevor Gough

Oct 7, 2005, 2:14:02 PM10/7/05
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 02:32:50 -0500, MLC <maria...@gmail.com> wrote:

> venerdì 7 ottobre 2005 Trevor Gough ha scritto:
>
>> I have GMail bookmarked
>> with the following address: https:/gmail.google.com/
>
> Hi Trevor,
> with https://mail.google.com/mail/ you can avoid a redirect.

OK, thank you. :)

Trevor Gough

Oct 7, 2005, 5:34:21 PM10/7/05

Well, after changing my bookmark link to your suggested link, I am getting
this problem now. I will go back to my old address where this problem
never occurred.

Saito

Oct 8, 2005, 1:27:21 AM10/8/05
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 01:09:36 +0900, David W. Hodgins
<dhodg...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:27:12 -0400, Tim Altman <do....@spam.me.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> We've added a work-around to browser.js. Go to Help and select "Check
>> for new release". That should update your browser.js with the fix.
>> Does it work now?
>
> Doesn't update browser.js on linux.
>
> I even tried (with opera closed), renaming browser.js, and then using
> opera's help/Check for new release.
>
> No browser.js was created.
>
> I renamed the old one back. It has a last modified date of Sep. 29th.

SO I asked in my previous post, as

"Is there any way to update it manually?"

Rijk van Geijtenbeek

Oct 8, 2005, 10:24:35 AM10/8/05
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 07:27:21 +0200, Saito wrote:

..

> SO I asked in my previous post, as
> "Is there any way to update it manually?"

Help > Check for new release

But the file has not been changed in the past week, AFAIK.

Josef W. Segur

Oct 8, 2005, 11:55:24 AM10/8/05
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:27:21 +0900, Saito <sa...@operamail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 01:09:36 +0900, David W. Hodgins
><dhodg...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:27:12 -0400, Tim Altman <do....@spam.me.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> We've added a work-around to browser.js. Go to Help and select "Check
>>> for new release". That should update your browser.js with the fix.
>>> Does it work now?
>>
>> Doesn't update browser.js on linux.
>>
>> I even tried (with opera closed), renaming browser.js, and then using
>> opera's help/Check for new release.
>>
>> No browser.js was created.
>>
>> I renamed the old one back. It has a last modified date of Sep. 29th.
>
>SO I asked in my previous post, as
>"Is there any way to update it manually?"

You might try downloading
which is the file currently fetched by Opera for Windows. It has
a Last-Modified date of Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:14:31 GMT

There's a redirect involved, the browser originally requests

--
Joe

Ivan Magerle

Oct 8, 2005, 12:49:39 PM10/8/05
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 16:24:35 +0200, Rijk van Geijtenbeek wrote:

> But the file has not been changed in the past week, AFAIK.

http://groups.google.com/group/opera.general/browse_thread/thread/a17a89f6ee05fad1/cd0107b2967cf6ed?lnk=st&q=6rtck1156fhdpeopf...@4ax.com&rnum=1#cd0107b2967cf6ed

Hmm....

magi at dropbike.com

Chris Game

Oct 8, 2005, 3:05:00 PM10/8/05
Tim Altman wrote:

>>> We've added a work-around to browser.js. Go to Help and select
>>> "Check for new release". That should update your browser.js
>>> with the fix. Does it work now?
>>
>> It just tells me that 'You are using the latest version of
>> Opera' Is there any way to update it manually?
>
> When you check for new releases, browser.js is updated
> automatically. The message is misleading.

You just couldn't make it up!

--
Chris Game

"...it is important to realize that any lock can be picked with
a big enough hammer." -- Sun System & Network Admin manual

John H Meyers

Oct 8, 2005, 7:59:48 PM10/8/05
On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:15:43 -0500, Trevor Gough wrote:

> See this for for what appears to be the solution that you're seeing:
> http://my.opera.com/hallvors/blog/show.dml/38528

Most interesting!

I wonder what makes "Identify as Mozilla" bypass the problem?

> I never experience this problem myself, however. I have GMail bookmarked
> with the following address: https:/gmail.google.com/ I click this link
> multiple times each day and NEVER have this problem. I don't need to
> empty the cache, either, each time as the above link describes as one
> possible solution.

Another curiosity, but can you *refresh* (or Duplicate)
a Gmail page (while Identifying as Opera) after logging in?

-[ ]-

John H Meyers

Oct 8, 2005, 8:06:00 PM10/8/05
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 03:43:36 -0500, Tim Altman wrote:

> Actually, though the login page doesn't reload,
> I appear to be signed in.

That's what I also recall happening.

"If at first you don't succeed,
maybe it worked anyway but didn't tell you." :)

-[ ]-

John H Meyers

Oct 8, 2005, 8:09:32 PM10/8/05
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 08:27:12 -0500, Tim Altman wrote:

> We've added a work-around to browser.js.
> Go to Help and select "Check for new release".
> That should update your browser.js with the fix.

This is a truly nice feature, that some "mini fixes"
can be automatically obtained, and so easily!

Do any other browsers compete with that?

-[ ]-

John H Meyers

Oct 8, 2005, 8:15:36 PM10/8/05
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:34:21 -0500, Trevor Gough wrote:

>>> with https://mail.google.com/mail/ you can avoid a redirect.

> Well, after changing my bookmark link to your suggested link,

> I am getting this problem now.

Might be due to re-using a cached copy, as OS people said,
which somehow gets avoided by re-direct from other initial URL.

> I will go back to my old address where this problem
> never occurred.

Bet you still can't "Duplicate" (or refresh, or re-open)
a page, though (while Identifying as Opera)

-[ ]-

Trevor Gough

Oct 9, 2005, 12:31:20 AM10/9/05
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 18:59:48 -0500, John H Meyers <jhme...@miu.edu> wrote:

> Another curiosity, but can you *refresh* (or Duplicate)
> a Gmail page (while Identifying as Opera) after logging in?

I never tried. Do you mean by pressing the Reload button or pressing F5?
If so, I cannot
duplicate or refresh a GMail page as you say. I can update the inbox of
GMail by pressing 'U'
or the 'Refresh' link, however -- I do that fairly often.

Richard Grevers

Oct 9, 2005, 1:03:19 AM10/9/05

I can certainly duplicate a window, but because GMail uses full-screen
frames with the script determining which frame is displayed, the duplicate
page shows the inbox (the default frame).

Matthew Winn

Oct 10, 2005, 7:05:32 AM10/10/05

With Internet Explorer you can just go into Windows Update and tell it
to fetch the latest patches. Ninety minutes, twenty-eight megabytes,
three reboots and one system restore later, there you are.

--
Matthew Winn
[If replying by email remove the "r" from "urk"]

Tim Altman

Oct 10, 2005, 7:08:45 AM10/10/05

It looks like I was wrong and the fix hasn't been included yet. It
should be added this week.

Ivan Magerle

Oct 10, 2005, 9:01:06 AM10/10/05
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:08:45 +0200, Tim Altman wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 18:49:39 +0200, "Ivan Magerle"
> <lo...@signature.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 16:24:35 +0200, Rijk van Geijtenbeek wrote:
>>
>>> But the file has not been changed in the past week, AFAIK.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/opera.general/browse_thread/thread/a17a89f6ee05fad1/cd0107b2967cf6ed?lnk=st&q=6rtck1156fhdpeopf...@4ax.com&rnum=1#cd0107b2967cf6ed
>>
>> Hmm....
>
> It looks like I was wrong and the fix hasn't been included yet. It
> should be added this week.

OK, thx.

--
This fire is out of control, I'm going to burn this city, burn this city...

Frank Bell

Oct 10, 2005, 8:17:36 PM10/10/05
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 07:05:32 -0400, Matthew Winn <o*@matthewwinn.me.urk>
wrote:

> With Internet Explorer you can just go into Windows Update and tell it
> to fetch the latest patches. Ninety minutes, twenty-eight megabytes,
> three reboots and one system restore later, there you are.

Thanks.

I needed a good laugh tonight!

--
http://frankwbell.no-ip.info/weblog
Updates daily. Worthwhile updates occasionally.

frank...@comcast.net
Opera Rocks! http://www.opera.com/mail/

John H Meyers

Oct 11, 2005, 7:31:07 PM10/11/05
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 23:31:20 -0500, Trevor Gough wrote:

> you mean by pressing the Reload/F5 button

Exactly.

> If so, I cannot duplicate or refresh a GMail page as you say.

Thought not!

> I can update the inbox of GMail by pressing 'U'
> or the 'Refresh' link, however -- I do that fairly often.

Those are script links, rather than the browser's own
"refresh page" function, and of course I meant the latter.

OS has already diagnosed the problem meanwhile
(error in comments parsing from cached script),
and since that's not Gmail's fault,
it won't go away by itself.

-[ ]-

John H Meyers

Oct 11, 2005, 7:42:40 PM10/11/05
On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:03:19 -0500, Richard Grevers wrote:

> I can certainly duplicate a Gmail window

While identifying as Opera? That would be new!

I haven't re-tried everything; just set ua.ini
to ID as Mozilla on Gmail, and forget about it.

Still don't know why even this works,
but why spook the elves by investigating too far? ;-)

> but because GMail uses full-screen
> frames with the script determining which frame is displayed,
> the duplicate page shows the inbox (the default frame).

Much less a problem than having to conduct everything
in just one window :)

Still can't directly compose or reply in a new window, however;
that's exactly why we are trying "Duplicate window" then "compose"
as the only other way to get the same effect ("linked" is also NG).

-[ ]-

Richard Grevers

Oct 12, 2005, 1:42:41 AM10/12/05
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:42:40 +1300, John H Meyers <jhme...@miu.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:03:19 -0500, Richard Grevers wrote:
>
>> I can certainly duplicate a Gmail window
>
> While identifying as Opera? That would be new!

Opera could possibly be doing the ua.ini always id as mozilla, overriding
my ID as Opera setting. Do you have check for updates disabled?

Tim Altman

Oct 12, 2005, 6:09:35 AM10/12/05

*grin*

John H Meyers

Oct 13, 2005, 2:29:05 AM10/13/05
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:42:41 -0500, Richard Grevers wrote:

> Opera could possibly be doing the ua.ini always id as mozilla, overriding
> my ID as Opera setting. Do you have check for updates disabled?

I found "mail.google.com=1" in my ua.ini; had to change it to 2 or 4,
or else "identify as Mozilla" in F12 settings.

-[ ]-

Tim Altman

Oct 17, 2005, 7:12:01 AM10/17/05
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:01:06 +0200, "Ivan Magerle"
<ma...@dropbike.com.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:08:45 +0200, Tim Altman wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 18:49:39 +0200, "Ivan Magerle"
>> <lo...@signature.com> wrote:

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/opera.general/browse_thread/thread/a17a89f6ee05fad1/cd0107b2967cf6ed?lnk=st&q=6rtck1156fhdpeopf...@4ax.com&rnum=1#cd0107b2967cf6ed
>>>
>>> Hmm....
>>
>> It looks like I was wrong and the fix hasn't been included yet. It
>> should be added this week.
>
>OK, thx.

The update should be available now.