jpg

Sanford Aranoff

Jul 29, 2005, 7:51:48 AM7/29/05
I want Iranview to view my jpg images, not Opera. I tried adding jpg to
the applications. It did not work. Please tell me what to do.

Thanks.

Ken Knox

Jul 29, 2005, 8:50:35 AM7/29/05

In Opera (I currently have 8.00 running...may be slightly different with
other versions):
Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Programs > Details
Make sure [ ] JPEG images *is not* checked.

In Irfanview:
Options > Set file associations
make sure [x] JPG/JPEG/JPE JPEG Format *is* checked.

That should do what you wish.

--
Ken
Choose Opera! http://www.chooseopera.com

Sanford Aranoff

Aug 1, 2005, 8:36:05 AM8/1/05

Ken Knox wrote:

I cannot get it to work. No matter what I do, Opera opens the image. If I
want Irfanview to open it, I have to save it to disk, and then open it.

Ken Knox

Aug 1, 2005, 11:05:10 AM8/1/05
On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:36:05 -0400, Sanford Aranoff
<ara...@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote:

Aha! Just had a thought I should have had before!

In your OS, you may need to find how to associate a file type with a
specific program (in this case Irfanview). It should be available from
the View > Options menu within Windows Explorer.

Sanford Aranoff

Aug 1, 2005, 8:58:18 PM8/1/05

Ken Knox wrote:

Of course. When I Save As, and then double click in Windows Explorer, Iranview
opens the file. The file type is associated with Iranview. If I click on the
jpg image in Opera, Opera opens it.

Steven V. Gunhouse

Aug 1, 2005, 11:49:27 PM8/1/05
On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:58:18 -0400, Sanford Aranoff
<ara...@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote:

Of course it does ... normally. Preferences, Advanced, Downloads, uncheck
"Hide file types opened with Opera". Find the 3 file types for JPEG files:
image/jpeg, image/jpg and image/jpe, and set each to "Open with default
program". Note this only works if you actually have a link to the JPEG,
not a link to a page that includes the JPEG along with text or buttons,
images inside a page will still use Opera.

In your original post, everyone thought that you meant you click on an
image in Explorer and it opens Opera - which will happen on Windows 95 if
you used to use IE to view images, or any version if you specifically set
Opera that way.

Sanford Aranoff

Aug 2, 2005, 9:23:46 AM8/2/05

"Steven V. Gunhouse" wrote: