Display-Problems at PicaJet.com

Daniel Bleisteiner

Feb 14, 2005, 5:04:22 AM2/14/05
The latest beta version of Opera has diaplay-problems at www.picajet.com -
often the page is only rendered half way down and looses its style below
the visible area. As soon as I start scrolling down the rest of the page
is totally style-less. A reload often fixes this. I'm not sure what they
have done with that site... it's the first and only one with those
problems. Maybe you want to have a look yourself! Simply goto any longer
sub-page like http://www.picajet.com/de/index.php?page=freevsfx

--
Daniel Bleisteiner

Andrew Gregory

Feb 14, 2005, 9:59:00 AM2/14/05
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:04:22 +0100, Daniel Bleisteiner <ne...@da3x.de>
wrote:

> http://www.picajet.com/de/index.php?page=freevsfx

I had no problems with that page. Perhaps it's just a temporary thing?

--
Andrew Gregory

Daniel Bleisteiner

Feb 14, 2005, 10:08:36 AM2/14/05
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:59:00 +0800, Andrew Gregory
<and...@no.spam.scss.com.au.invalid> wrote:
>> http://www.picajet.com/de/index.php?page=freevsfx
>
> I had no problems with that page. Perhaps it's just a temporary thing?

No it happens all the time here... or at least in 90% of the requests.

I had a closer look at the source and it seems VERY obscure... the
document includes more than one <HTML> tag and seems quite erroneous. The
FireFox source view shows the same... here's an excerpt:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<META http-equiv=MSThemeCompatible content=yes>
<LINK id=PageCSS href="../pj_ie4.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet></LINK>
</head>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

...and so on... I can see at least 3 <HTML> branches... maybe I should
notify them directly. Doesn't seem to Opera's fault.

--
Daniel Bleisteiner

Nisse Engström

Feb 14, 2005, 5:28:43 PM2/14/05
Daniel Bleisteiner<ne...@da3x.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:59:00 +0800, Andrew Gregory
> <and...@no.spam.scss.com.au.invalid> wrote:
> >> http://www.picajet.com/de/index.php?page=freevsfx
> >
> > I had no problems with that page. Perhaps it's just a temporary thing?
>
> No it happens all the time here... or at least in 90% of the requests.

Half the page is unstyled when /Javascript is enabled/.
Disabled, the page looks fine in every version of Opera
I've thrown at it.

> I had a closer look at the source and it seems VERY obscure... the
> document includes more than one <HTML> tag and seems quite erroneous. The
> FireFox source view shows the same... here's an excerpt:
>

> ...and so on... I can see at least 3 <HTML> branches... maybe I should
> notify them directly. Doesn't seem to Opera's fault.

This is beautiful. There are 6 <!DOCTYPE>s and 7 <html>
elements. It looks like a bunch of pages or <iframe>s have
been simply pasted together into one document. Incredibly,
all the tags are correctly nested, except for some cockup
on line 468:

There are also <style>...</style> tags in the CSS:

<http://www.picajet.com/pj_ie4.css>

--n

Message has been deleted