Opera 9p2 font preferences - possible regression?

Richard Stonehouse

Feb 11, 2006, 7:26:41 PM2/11/06
In an unstyled (no CSS) document, O9p2 appears not to be using the
fonts requested for Webpage <h1> ... Webpage <h6>, as specified in
Tools --> Preferences --> Advanced --> Fonts

O9p1 and previous releases seem to work OK. Has something been
deliberately changed in this area? I don't see anything in the Change
Log that would account for this difference.

For example, I've set 24pt Bitstream Vera Sans for Webpage <h1> but H1
elements are being displayed in a larger size of Bitstream Vera Serif
(the default text font). Similarly for other heading sizes.

Elements styled using CSS are unaffected.

Also, there appears to be an intermittent minor oddity in the
Tools --> Preferences --> Advanced --> Fonts
dialogue, such that some groups of entries may be repeated. I haven't
found any way of reproducing this consistently. Does anyone else see
it?

Using Opera 9.00 Preview 2 for Linux (build 1635)

--
Richard Stonehouse
(Richard at R Stonehouse dot Co dot U.K.)

Hans Mogren

Feb 13, 2006, 1:03:32 PM2/13/06
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 01:26:41 +0100, Richard Stonehouse
<ric...@stonehouse.invalid> wrote:

> Also, there appears to be an intermittent minor oddity in the
> Tools --> Preferences --> Advanced --> Fonts
> dialogue, such that some groups of entries may be repeated. I haven't
> found any way of reproducing this consistently. Does anyone else see
> it?

Yes, I experienced this upon the original configuration right after
installing Opera 9. But I haven't seen it since. You could check the
settings using opera:config#Fonts and opera:config#CSSGenericFontFamily to
see if they have been applied correctly.

--
Hans Mogren
http://hans.bymarken.net/

Richard Stonehouse

Feb 14, 2006, 1:57:09 PM2/14/06

Yes. The strange thing was, the second incarnations of Webpage <h1>
etc in the 'Detailed font selection' list initially showed the default
text font but, on selecting one and clicking 'Choose...', it switched
to the font I'd previously set.

I'll experiment to see if I can reliably reproduce this, and if so
report it.