HTTP-based OpenWrap repository hosting

Jeffery Olson

Feb 1, 2011, 2:38:51 PM2/1/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious where/if I can get my hands on a default implementation of
an HTTP-based OpenWrap repository? I know that it's dead simple to set
up a fileshare-based repository and this would obviously be my
preferred choice were it possible, but my situation precludes such an
option do to some stupidness with fileshare access on some of the
servers where I am scheming to leverage OpenWrap.

I see that there's openrasta/openwrap-server on github, but it appears
to be empty. I believe that OpenWrap.org itself is hosting an HTTP
repo, right? So is there anything for mortals like me to leverage this
option?

I guess as a last resort, some documentation on the web API would be
sufficient so I could roll my own, as unappealing as it sounds :/

Thanks,
Jeff

SerialSeb

Feb 1, 2011, 3:47:19 PM2/1/11
to OpenWrap Development Mailing List
There's a reason why it hasn't been pushed yet, and it is because
openwrap-server depends on openhttp which depends on openwrap, so I've
delayed the release of the implementation until openwrap reaches v1,
which is pending the finishing of 3 features that should land this
week.

I've committed to publish the protocol used by openwrap for the
publication of packages by the end of the week, so if you want a
custom implementation that supports all the features in openwrap,
you'll have that avail by then.

The initial http server is going to be worked on again as soon as
openwrap v1 is done, which is also quite close.

As for wraps.openwrap.org, I use something much simpler. I use a file
share repository to write packages from teamcity, and on the read side
i simply share the same folder as an http folder, that works out of
the box as is, so if you're just looking at exposing the read side,
you can do that now already.

Seb

Jeffery Olson

Feb 1, 2011, 4:01:58 PM2/1/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
> As for wraps.openwrap.org, I use something much simpler. I use a file
> share repository to write packages from teamcity, and on the read side
> i simply share the same folder as an http folder, that works out of
> the box as is, so if you're just looking at exposing the read side,
> you can do that now already.

This hadn't occurred to me, thanks for clueing me in. I can easily get
something like this going ASAP. Let's hear it for sidestepping what
first looked like a difficult problem, woohoo

Cheers,
Jeff