fs_storage and json

John Mettraux

Apr 19, 2011, 7:51:11 AM4/19/11
to ruote
Hello Torsten,

regarding

https://github.com/jmettraux/ruote/commit/7de27c34c3084492d89fbab3f68102bb3a413336#commitcomment-347005

Shouldn't we simply drop this line and let the user/integrator require the json he wants before requiring ruote (which requires rufus-json) ?

I can't remember exactly why we added that. Could it be for smoother out-of-the-box installs of ruote[-kit] ?

What do you think ?

--
John Mettraux - http://jmettraux.wordpress.com

Torsten Schönebaum

Apr 19, 2011, 8:11:57 AM4/19/11
to openwfe...@googlegroups.com
John Mettraux wrote:

> regarding
>
> https://github.com/jmettraux/ruote/commit/7de27c34c3084492d89fbab3f68102bb3a413336#commitcomment-347005
>
> Shouldn't we simply drop this line and let the user/integrator
> require the json he wants before requiring ruote (which requires
> rufus-json) ?
>
> I can't remember exactly why we added that. Could it be for smoother
> out-of-the-box installs of ruote[-kit] ?

Can't remember the reason as well. Your guess seems to fit.

> What do you think ?

Removing the line would be fine for me. In ruote-kit's config.ru and
Readme, there is some json require stuff. The rails template shouldn't
need such things since ActiveSupport is available.

Cheers,
Torsten

John Mettraux

Apr 19, 2011, 8:57:51 AM4/19/11

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 02:11:57PM +0200, Torsten Sch�nebaum wrote:

> Removing the line would be fine for me. In ruote-kit's config.ru and
> Readme, there is some json require stuff. The rails template shouldn't
> need such things since ActiveSupport is available.

Hello Torsten,

removed :

https://github.com/jmettraux/ruote/commit/3c7473dedbe32b7530de2a05c6e23e16f54c7845

Many thanks for pinpointing that issue. Cheers,

John Mettraux

Apr 19, 2011, 10:34:31 AM4/19/11

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 09:57:51PM +0900, John Mettraux wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 02:11:57PM +0200, Torsten Sch�nebaum wrote:
> >
> > Removing the line would be fine for me. In ruote-kit's config.ru and
> > Readme, there is some json require stuff. The rails template shouldn't
> > need such things since ActiveSupport is available.

Hello again,

removed the require 'json' from rufus-cloche as well,

https://github.com/jmettraux/rufus-cloche/commit/7604fd507e8580a42709019448ce6a80a3b931f2

and released rufus-cloche 0.1.21.

Many thanks,