"railway=platform" & areas

Laurent GRÉGOIRE

Apr 26, 2012, 8:36:50 AM4/26/12
to opentripplanner-dev
Hi,

Since area routing, "railway=platform" areas are not handled, neither as area neither as ways. Attached patch is a workaround to let them be treated as ways. I'm not sure treating them as area to allow routing on them is wise anyway, since lots of stop/station will be attached to them.

HTH,

--Laurent
0001-Workaround-to-handle-platform-railway-areas.patch

David Turner

Apr 26, 2012, 3:16:12 PM4/26/12
to opentripp...@googlegroups.com
This is odd, because as I read the code, railway=platform should work
both ways as-is. And when I check in Portland, I do see at least some
platforms being handled correctly.

However, it is possible that some areas cannot be converted to polygons,
either due to code bugs or OSM bugs. That could cause the missing
edges.

Can you provide an example of a railway=platform area which is not being
handled so that I can look into it?

Laurent GRÉGOIRE

Apr 27, 2012, 3:11:34 AM4/27/12
to David Turner, opentripplanner-dev
Hi David,

I just retested again with the latest code from this morning and still have the issue. I tried with a small OSM file available here:

The offending platform is tagged with "area=yes" and "railway=platform", and is attached via footway to main street network.

HTH,

--Laurent

David Turner

Apr 27, 2012, 1:42:42 PM4/27/12
to Laurent GRÉGOIRE, opentripplanner-dev
On Fri, 2012-04-27 at 09:11 +0200, Laurent GRÉGOIRE wrote:
> Hi David,
>

> I just retested again with the latest code from this morning and still
> have the issue. I tried with a small OSM file available here:
> http://dl.free.fr/nqIbcyN3B

I can't seem to download it from that link. When I click "Valider et
telecharger le fichier", it pops up what looks like it's going to be a
reCAPTCHA, but the word box is empty. It wants me to "Saisissez les
deux mots qui s'affichent", which I assume means to enter some words,
there are no words.

Too bad Megaupload is no longer with us. What about MediaFire? Or I'm
on dropbox with this email address.

Laurent GRÉGOIRE

Apr 27, 2012, 2:52:09 PM4/27/12
to David Turner, opentripplanner-dev
Hi David,

You need a bit more french red wine to be able to read that Captcha :)

More seriously effectively it's blank. It's sad because this service is free, does not require login and you can upload files up to 1Gb... Never mind, I've uploaded the file here:

HTH,

--Laurent

David Turner

Apr 27, 2012, 3:35:13 PM4/27/12
to Laurent GRÉGOIRE, opentripplanner-dev
It looks to me like 185056009 and 185056054 are the platform areas.
Edges corresponding to these areas are present in the graph when I build
it. At least, I can see them in the GUI. Can you expand on what the
issue is?

Actually, in the future, you can just attach files < 1 Mb to direct
email to me. I hadn't realized it was so small.

Also, it is totally incomprehensible to me that github does not make it
easy to attach files to bugs. Allegedly it is possible with a random
Chrome extension, but I haven't tried it:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kameeinbjnhfgamlnaofmcicajelchjn

Laurent GRÉGOIRE

Apr 28, 2012, 4:44:01 PM4/28/12
to David Turner, opentripplanner-dev
Hi David,

Well, it's strange, because apparently here the bug is caused by the callback nodesLoaded() which is not called from StreamedFileBasedOpenStreetMapProviderImpl, so no area at all are processed (I double checked on the latest code and the function is not called as it should be, at least as it seems to me). Maybe you have uncommited changes on your side?

HTH,

--Laurent

2012/4/27 David Turner <nov...@novalis.org>
It looks to me like 185056009 and 185056054 are the platform areas.

David Turner

Apr 29, 2012, 1:38:08 AM4/29/12
to Laurent GRÉGOIRE, opentripplanner-dev
No uncommitted changes -- I just made a mistake while updating the code.
It is, of course, a sign of poor design that I have to add very similar
code to a bunch of places, but I don't see an easy way to fix it.

Anyway, I've checked in that change. Thanks for the report, and sorry
for the bug.