Card of the Day for January 30 - Two of Pentacles

msesheta

Jan 30, 2012, 12:01:00 PM1/30/12
to Opentarot Group, Google Opentarotnexus, hat...@opentarotnexus.multiply.com
TWO OF PENTACLES

The suit of Pentacles represents the element earth. This is the suit through which we can appreciate what we have been given and it shows how we experience the external world.

Pentacles can represent money matters, resources, security, material concerns, prosperity, wealth, service, status, and physical experiences in the body.

Twos represent formation, duality, balance, partnership, dilemmas, choices, competing or combined forces, conflict, see-saw, creativity not yet fulfilled, refection. The number two represents yin energy and promotes co-operation, partnership, friendship and receptivity.

Rider-Waite Imagery

The Pictorial Key to the Tarot by Arthur Edward Waite (1911)

A young man, in the act of dancing, has a pentacle in either hand, and they are joined by that endless cord which is like the number 8 reversed.

Divinatory Meanings

Upright: On the one hand it is represented as a card of gaiety, recreation and its connexions, which is the subject of the design; but it is read also as news and messages in writing, as obstacles, agitation, trouble, embroilment.

Reversed: Enforced gaiety, simulated enjoyment, literal sense, handwriting, composition, letters of exchange.

Two: Troubles are more imaginary than real. Reversed: Bad omen, ignorance, injustice.

UPRIGHT

Attribution - Jupiter/Capricorn

Lord of Change.

Balance, foundation, security, influence, authority.

You need to see both sides of a situation.

Mixing business with pleasure.

Multi-tasking, and making it look easy.

Mixed news, some good, some bad.

Money in, money out.

Don’t take on more than you can handle.

Juggling the books.

Harmony in the midst of conflict and change.

Control maintained in a stressful situation.

Manic phase of manic-depression.

The ups and downs of fortune.

Pulled in many directions.

Splitting up resources.

A change of job or environment.

Go with the flow.

The ability to handle several projects at once.

Good news or a gift may be on the way.

Relocation involving work.

A transition.

REVERSED

Temporary financial setbacks; drop in stock values etc.

False enjoyment.

Reckless spending.

Fear of losing a job or a loved one.

Embezzler – trying to balance 2 sets of books.

Inconstancy.

Dishonesty.

Stressed and having too much to handle.

Overstressed and overworked.

Having too many irons in the fire.

Disorganization.

Procrastination; laziness.

Discouraging news.

Too much money being spent on frivolous or small things.

Double check your numbers.

Unhappy with changes that are necessary.

Obstinate.

1. Robin Wood
2. Trees
3. Old Path