Angel Paths for October 19 - Five of Disks

1 view

msesheta

Oct 19, 2011, 9:51:50 AM10/19/11
to Opentarot Group, Google Opentarotnexus

The Five of Disks

The Lord of Worry is most aptly titled, for when this card comes up in a reading, there looks to be financial, material or domestic trouble on the horizon. Something poses a threat to your overall security. This might be an unexpected expense, or job worries, or maybe even a disturbance in your family life.

There will always be something to worry about, when the 5 of Disks comes up. But there's one important thing to bear in mind - whatever is causing the problem is much more of a threat than it is a reality. Worrying about it might just make it worse than it needs to be!

When the Lord of Worry is about, anxiety is the emotion of the moment. We look to the future and we see something nasty ahead. Then we sit and worry about it. Try to remember - what you put your attention on grows. So if you worry about your overdraft, it will get bigger! That's not, of course, to say you should not do all you are able to DO, in an awkward situation - just that once you have, there's no point in worrying about it.

Sometimes we go through a stage in our lives where we feel as though, whatever good comes to us, it is bound to be undermined and darkened by negativity and sadness, that we cannot help but be disappointed. Yet just by holding that view, we invite negativity in, to add to the real problems we already had.

It isn't easy to try to be accepting and positive and trusting when life is giving us a hard time - but accept we must, if we don't want to make things worse!

So - the 5 of Disks indicates a possible threat to our security. It is important not to feed that possibility with our own fear. Fear is a powerful emotion. It can rule if we let it. When this card comes up, remember that disturbance is possible - not probable. Do all you can to avert it.

Working with the Five of Disks

All the 5's in the deck are demanding cards - the number five relates to the planet Mars, which can sometimes have a disruptive destructive energy. On the other hand though, Martian power, strength and determination are necessary attributes to break through obstacles and difficulties.

The Lord of Worry is mostly about anxiety around events which threaten our financial or physical security - notice this card indicates the anxiety, rather than the event itself. Often, when we are under the influence of this card, we worry needlessly about situations which have not yet come to pass.

Sometimes, rather than our anxieties being centred on finances, they can revolve around basic family security - whether our partner cares about us, whether things in our home environment are as we would wish them to be. You might find yourself worrying about your children, your parents, your partner.

Anxiety has a nasty habit of creating yet more anxiety. We worry. Because we worry, we become stressed. As the stress level mounts we feel our ability to cope recedes. That makes us feel vulnerable. And then of course we get more anxious.

What is needed here is a method of breaking into the cycle of worry and distress, in order to clear away confusion and get to the heart of things. It often helps, when you feel like this, to write down what you feel worried about. And then you can go over the list deciding what is real, and what imaginary.

Once you've whittled away the phantoms, you will be left with a list of more realistic things. Now cross off all those matters that either you cannot alter, or have not yet made themselves manifest.

Now you have only the real things to worry about left. With a bit of luck, your list should be much much shorter now. Therefore you can direct all the energy you were using to worry into finding workable solutions to your difficulties.

Affirmation: I can deal with my life - it is my most precious possession.

http://www.angelpaths.com/disks/disks5.html

msesheta

Feb 6, 2012, 10:06:20 AM2/6/12
to Opentarot Group, Google Opentarotnexus

Opentarot

Jun 7, 2012, 9:37:32 AM6/7/12
to Group, Google Opentarotnexus