The Lovers Tarot Card : Meaning and Analysis

msesheta

Sep 15, 2011, 9:16:25 AM9/15/11
to Opentarot Group, Google Opentarotnexus

The Lovers Tarot Card : Meaning and Analysis Guest Author - June Kaminski

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art42180.asp

This newest feature presents a basic analysis of the entire Tarot Deck, one card at a time. The second card in review is the The Number VI card of the Major Arcana: The Lovers.

The most common (and understandably so) meaning of the Lovers card is romantic true-blue, passionate LOVE. It often is interpreted to represent new or rekindled happy, soul-mate quality loving relationships. But, at a deeper level, this card represents personal choices to be made in some sphere of the Querant's life. This choice is not an easy one, since there are usually many options to select from. The Lovers bid the decision-maker to relax, and tune in to their inner wisdom: the correct choice will soon make itself known.

The Lovers card is also known simply as Love or the Twins.

Terra
                Tarot Deck - The Lovers
Card Number: 6
Key Number: 17
Rulership: Gemini
Element: Air
Hebrew Letter: Zain
Translation: Sword
Numerical Value: 12
Colors: Green, Orange, pale Mauve, Yellow
Herb: Jasmine, Vervain
Incense: Rose
Oil: Jasmine, Ylang Ylang
Gemstones: Rose Quartz, Agate
Planet: Mercury
Rune: Gebo (Partnership)

Inner Meaning

The Lovers card represents the Fool, while embarking on his carefree journey coming across a mesmerizing woman whom he can not resist. She is "the One", the complement to his soul - his emotional completion. He takes time from his journey to cultivate intimacy with his counterpart, and in the process frees his own intuition, imagination, and emotional well-being. She represents the epitome of relationships in the Tarot cards, the need to merge, and enfold one's natural and destined beloved. Symbolically, the male represents our conscious, beta, everyday thinking mind while the female is our inner subconscious, intuitive, mystical mind. This card bids us to combine the power and force of both sides of our minds, to exercise both intellect and intuitive wisdom.

The Lovers card speaks of surrendering our hearts and spirits to the profound energy of Love, even if it seems impractical. By allowing ourselves to open to the "Other", the "Beloved" we fulfill a very deep need and goal of our own Being. To dance upon the tapestry of Life in the arms of our Beloved, is the most powerful energy of all. We learn to interconnect, to trust, to have faith, to risk everything yet claim it all as well. We open ourselves to the romantic notion of destiny, of dreamy hazy days, of sacred union, and of bliss - we learn to trust that any pain that incurs is worth it. This card calls to you to feel the buoyant energy of Love within your heart, and to extend it to all those around you.

The Lovers Card in a Reading

The Upright Lovers card represents an attunement with others and an improvement in your relationships, especially romantic ones. You may well meet your perfect mate, especially if you relax and follow your heart. Love comes at unexpected times, and can happen at any time. Keep your heart open! This card also guides us to examine how we regard ourselves - do you love yourself? Not in a hedonistic, self-centered way - but in an innocent, affectionate, and appreciative way? How about the other people in your life? Do you feel love and admiration for your family, your friends? This card carries a clear message that we should all develop a deep connection with the others that share our lives.

The Reversed Lovers card warns of rash decisions that will more than likely be regretted down the road. You must consider your options carefully, test them with your own intuition. Do they feel right in your gut? It also warns against being indecisive and too cerebral in your decision making - let your heart and inner knowing guide you. You must choose your path carefully, and adhere to it. The reversed Lovers also indicates mistimings and frustrations in relationships - this is not the time to rush into one, especially if it is just to avoid being lonely and/or alone. Avoid wasting your energy and time pining for a past love that fizzled away. Bide your time - your perfect someone will appear at exactly the right moment! Don't try to force it!

The Lovers for the Taking

I am presenting an online version of my evolving Terra Tarot Deck for our Bella readers. Just click on the banner below to download your copy of the Terra Tarot Deck No. 6 Card - The Lovers.

Download Terra Tarot Deck - The Lovers

msesheta

Feb 3, 2012, 11:40:41 AM2/3/12
to Opentarot Group, Google Opentarotnexus