Coming Soon - OpenSocial v0.7 on Orkut

Lane LiaBraaten

Jan 29, 2008, 8:02:27 PM1/29/08
to OpenSocial - Orkut Discussion
Hey Everyone,

We're planning to update sandbox.orkut.com to support v0.7 this
Friday, 2/1. You can already check out the release notes to see
what's new, and look through the updated spec and API reference. It's
all available here:

http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/

Cheers,
Lane

paps

Feb 1, 2008, 3:34:44 AM2/1/08
to OpenSocial - Orkut Discussion
Hi Lane,
Congrx for the new release..
And thanx alot. for the new additions..
But one problem still persists is the "Bad, Bad Server. No donut
for you.." error..
i cant use <Require feature="html-composer"/>
feature.. it gives error.. whenver i use it...
Please enlighten us with the solution..

Regards,
Paps

Reinoud Elhorst

Feb 1, 2008, 6:55:26 AM2/1/08
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
The feature html-composer doesn't seem to be in the gadget spec (http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/spec.html#corejavascriptapi), nor in the opensocial spec. It's not in the Shindig server either, so I'm affraid you can't use it for now.

Probably someone responsible for the specs should be able to tell you what the reasons are for not including it.

the1geek

Feb 1, 2008, 9:03:25 AM2/1/08
to Orkut Discussion
Hi Paps,

For some unknown reason when you try to launch the apps on the canvas
you'll more likely get the 'No Donut for you' error.

However if you click on the apps listing on the left navigation-menu
bar, it loads fine.

~newton
> > Lane- Hide quoted text -

paps

Feb 1, 2008, 9:28:54 AM2/1/08
to Orkut Discussion
Hi Newton,
thx for the reply. but since i m using html-composer... feature..
such apps load in the drop down below the scrap textarea.. but it
neva loads for me...
Before the 0.6 release.. Rock you had an apllication.. glitter text..
which on addin.. apears in the dropdown list.. but i cudnt find that
application again..
and those applications which use html-composer fails..

Regards,
Paps

the1geek

Feb 2, 2008, 9:54:46 AM2/2/08
to Orkut Discussion
Hi Lane,

I just check sandbox.orkut.com this morning Saturday, 2/2, still no
v0.7 support.

~newton

paps

Feb 4, 2008, 12:44:52 AM2/4/08
to Orkut Discussion
Hi all,
same wd me..
opensocial-0.7
gives 404 error. :(
feeling handicapped..
work is stuck
Rgds,
Paps

Lane LiaBraaten

Feb 4, 2008, 5:18:57 PM2/4/08
to Orkut Discussion
Hi,

We haven't pushed v0.7 yet, but we're planning to do it soon. In the
meantime, use feature="opensocial-0.6" and I'll post when v0.7 is
live.

Sorry for any inconvenience,
Lane

the1geek

Feb 5, 2008, 6:23:32 AM2/5/08
to Orkut Developer Forum
Hi Lane,

v0.6 apps breaks starting Monday, 2/4. See postings for Monday 2/4 and
Tuesday 2/5

Was there a change in the sandbox.orkut container code while the team
is migrating to v0.7?

If the object gadgets is referenced in our code, we'll get a "gadgets
is undefined" error. If we continue to run our apps, we'll get the 404
error. Same outcome if we change to Require feature="opensocial-0.7"

OpenSocial v0.7 uses a very different Google Gadgets specs.

~newton