OpenSocial REST API

nmc...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2008, 1:18:46 PM1/23/08
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial API Definition
Do you have an estimated release date for the server side
application? We eagerly await this powerful tool?

Thanks,

Carri

Martin Selva

Jan 24, 2008, 10:33:23 AM1/24/08
to opensoc...@googlegroups.com
Anyone from Google Dev. ? please reply.

Will be helpful to plan out our development on OS

Martin Selva / orkutopensocial.com

jamey

Jan 25, 2008, 6:37:58 PM1/25/08
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial API Definition
Adding one more voice to this request... It'd be _really_ helpful to
know where this portion of the specification stands. Even bad news
would be better than silence. So please, could we get an update from
someone involved with this?

--Jamey

On Jan 24, 8:33 am, "Martin Selva" <martinse...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone from Google Dev. ? please reply.
>
> Will be helpful to plan out our development on OS
>
> Martin Selva / orkutopensocial.com

fer...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2008, 7:22:17 PM1/25/08
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial API Definition
I am not a google employee, but I have pestered them all about this
issue.

Let me summarize the bad news:

The data api is not on the slate any time soon.
All platforms will launch with version 0.7 at least, which will not
have data api.
For some reason, there is no consensus being built, nor pressure being
applied to getting it resolved.
And there are so many other things to distract them, that most are
probably happy to ignore the data api issue (very sadly).

I would still like to hear the official line from anyone in power
though! :)

as an app developer it's sad that I have to reimplement my app by a
lot, and maintain a totally different system between platforms, with
no hope for refactoring.. sigh :) :)

alex k

Jan 26, 2008, 10:57:45 AM1/26/08
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial API Definition
that's not good, probably 80% of coders can't use javascript with any
degree of competance

Alex E

Feb 20, 2008, 12:24:44 AM2/20/08
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial Application Development
Having a REST API is important for my app. And standardizing in it as
soon as possible under OpenSocial might prevent containers from each
rolling their own different APIs.

bellagio

Feb 20, 2008, 8:25:17 PM2/20/08
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial Application Development
My app needs a REST API as well, doing every business logic in java
script is unthinkable.