The Orkut Sandbox only returns friends who are also whitelisted for the sandbox

Arne Roomann-Kurrik (Google)

Nov 3, 2007, 1:55:06 PM11/3/07
to OpenSocial Developers
For security purposes, the Orkut sandbox opensocial calls will only
return information about users who are whitelisted for the sandbox.
This is likely why many of you have been seeing empty information
returned from the fetch VIEWER_FRIENDS calls.

Please friend other whitelisted developers, or register additional
test accounts to build a graph of whitelisted friends.

~Arne

victorc

Nov 3, 2007, 2:34:17 PM11/3/07
to OpenSocial Developers
Hi,

I have just created this Orkut community to find friends with a
sandbox account.
http://sandbox.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=41271206

Have fun!
Victor

On Nov 3, 6:55 pm, "Arne Roomann-Kurrik (Google)"

Bob Oliver Bigellow XLII

Nov 3, 2007, 2:40:39 PM11/3/07
to OpenSocial Developers
Just to clarify... do we create a test account in the LIVE Orkut
environment (live Google Account), then use the form to request this
account to gain entry into the sandbox? Before I create test
accounts, I want to be sure this won't look bad or malicious.

On Nov 3, 10:55 am, "Arne Roomann-Kurrik (Google)"

Arne Roomann-Kurrik (Google)

Nov 3, 2007, 2:53:46 PM11/3/07
to OpenSocial Developers
@Victor - This is a great idea, thanks!
@Bob - Yes, create a new Google Account, sign it up for Orkut, then
request access using the form on code.google.com. That use is
perfectly acceptable.

~Arne

lucky...@happyhardcore.dj

Nov 16, 2007, 1:13:49 PM11/16/07
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial API Definition
Sorry to sound like a nube, but what to you mean by whitelisted?

api.k...@google.com

Nov 16, 2007, 1:19:47 PM11/16/07
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial API Definition
People who have had their accounts approved to access http://sandbox.orkut.com

~Arne

On Nov 16, 10:13 am, "luckytri...@happyhardcore.dj"

lucky...@happyhardcore.dj

Nov 16, 2007, 1:23:08 PM11/16/07
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial API Definition
thnx, I'm still just getting the "Requesting Friends..." from the
example and nothing more and I have a whitelisted friend. So I don't
know, but I posted elsewhere, and I'll see what I get on that. but thnx

Arne Roomann-Kurrik (Google)

Nov 21, 2007, 4:45:46 PM11/21/07
to OpenSocial - OpenSocial API Definition
I'm moving this discussion to the Orkut Discussion subgroup. Please
post there if you have any additional comments.

~Arne
This conversation is locked